Cejudo returning in 2022

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Speaking in a recent interview, Cejudo’s manager Abdelaziz confirmed that his client Cejudo is set to return to the Octagon in 2022. He believes he will return as a featherweight, but bantamweight is also possible.

“Yes, I do (think Cejudo fights again in 2022). 100-percent I do. I think he does,” Abdelaziz said. “If he lost, he can go down to 135. He’s not coming in for one fight. He’s coming in for a legacy fight to get three belts but at the end of the day, too, there’s a lot of fights at 135 and 145, too, it’s no problem. He’s a competitor. As long as he’s breathing, this guy’s going to be a competitor.”

if Cejudos really serious abour 145, beat one guy in top 10 to prove size isnt a factor (which I think it wil be)

Then if he does manage to win with a good finish then start demanding a title fight

Too bad he peaced out when he did. Really had a chance to cement himself with the greatest fighters of all time had he stayed and kept winning.

I would like to see a trilogy between him and MM, although I don't feel MM lost the 2nd fight.

To be honest, I don't like it. He is going to be on the older side for a "little" guy and we see a lot of guys age overnight. Even guys like TJ, I am still not sold that he isn't shot because he fought a training partner. There were moments in that fight TJ got hit by shots he just couldn't react to or see.

latest

The guy tried to act like he was too cool for the sport and retired, and then has moped around desperate for attention because nobody started begging him to come back

One of the more entertaining fighters of the past few years. The cringe factor was actually funny for once. I want to see that angry face again.

Is 5'4" too short for featherweight?
The current shortest FW is Alexander Volkanovski and he is 5'6", the other 5'6" guys who competed at FW are TJ Laramie and Ricky Simon and they've both moved to bantamweight

It's clear he ran away because he feared losing. He has potential at the micro weight classes, but he won't be a world beater like he pretends.

I hope he does come back. Ever since he beat D. Johnson for the title, he's been one of my favorite fighters to watch. His striking was much improved, and he was getting finishes against top guys. First 3 division champion ever?

Him and Jones both popped for the same thing? Will be nice to see them both back on cards soon.

Not gonna lie, I want to see it. There's always a big question mark over comebacks, but he was one of the best fighters in the UFC and the division is killer. So, why not?

Back