Cedric doumbe mma debut is a success

UFC has a deeper pool of strikers and grapplers.

I don't see how Davis, Gracie, Amosov, and storley are better than Usman, Chimaev, Colby, Burns, Shavkat, Belal, Brady, and Chiesa.
You left out a lot of Bellator fighters dude

Bellator also has Berkhamov who has a higher ceiling than most of the fighters you listed

Alex Pereira is making his UFC debut after 4 bouts, 3-1, with three of them being 5+ years ago. Doumbe will make it within the year if he gets 2-3 more bouts.

The UFC is ironically the best place for him since they have their wealth of striking only opponents and he would get wrestle fucked in Bellator.

I think he just needs to get bouts in quickly. Pereira got signed quickly but he'd been training with Glover for a long time before moving back into MMA so it's not like he's a fresh kickboxer who doesn't know what he's doing.

Looks like he's signing with the UFC and fighting on the Paris card if he wins his next fight on July 9th

Looks like he's signing with the UFC and fighting on the Paris card if he wins his next fight on July 9th

Let's think of the handpicked opponents with zero wrestling the UFC can give to Doumbe so he makes it to a title shot. Michel Pereira/Li Jingliang, Masvidal/Wonderboy, titleshot?

Let's think of the handpicked opponents with zero wrestling the UFC can give to Doumbe so he makes it to a title shot. Michel Pereira/Li Jingliang, Masvidal/Wonderboy, titleshot?

Li Jingliang can wrestle dude.

Pretty tough to avoid grapplers in the WW top 15.
I am genuinely curious about Doumbe's grappling, he's been training in luta livre for quite a while and looked good. I am just concerned he didn't learn enough of MMA as a whole, he seems to have trained grappling and striking mostly separately.

Is he ready for any of those, though? I feel like all of those would fuck him up
Li Jingliang can wrestle dude.
Not at a good level, does he?

Is he ready for any of those, though? I feel like all of those would fuck him up

Not at a good level, does he?

Enough of a level to take down a kickboxer.

Fight 1: 'Blood Diamond'
Fight 2: Andre Fialho
Fight 3: Khaos Williams
Fight 4: Stephen Thomson
Fight 5: Jorge Masvidal
Fight 6: Title Shot?

Doumbe is not a huge guy so I can see him having problems with the physicality of some of the bigger WWs.

Back