Cedric doumbe mma debut is a success

He's not waiting 10 fights, I think he will have 1 or 2 more, at best.
Not sure he is ready for the UFC, we'll see.

Sadly. Mma is one of the hardest sports to learn, yet also the number 1 sport that fighters get rushed wayy to quickly.

Sadly. Mma is one of the hardest sports to learn, yet also the number 1 sport that fighters get rushed wayy to quickly.
With favourable matchups, it could work out OK. He has impressive punching power even from his jab, and his striking is so unorthodox, people won't know how to deal with it.
I m a bit concerned about his footwork in that fight, looks very vulnerable to takedowns.

Slide over for replay in slo mo.

One step closer to ufc. I want him to have 10 fights like this before jumping ship and fed to the sharks. No need to rush it.

He's 29. I don't know if he will want to wit that long

Alex Pereira is making his UFC debut after 4 bouts, 3-1, with three of them being 5+ years ago. Doumbe will make it within the year if he gets 2-3 more bouts.

The UFC is ironically the best place for him since they have their wealth of striking only opponents and he would get wrestle fucked in Bellator.

Alex Pereira is making his UFC debut after 4 bouts, 3-1, with three of them being 5+ years ago. Doumbe will make it within the year if he gets 2-3 more bouts.

The UFC is ironically the best place for him since they have their wealth of striking only opponents and he would get wrestle fucked in Bellator.
Chimaev, Usman, Colby, Shavkat, Burns, Brady, Belal, and Chiesa.

Meanwhile, Bellator has Amosov, Storley, Davis, and ??

Chimaev, Usman, Colby, Shavkat, Burns, Brady, Belal, and Chiesa.

Meanwhile, Bellator has Amosov, Storley, Davis, and ??
UFC has a deeper pool of striker only fighters. And Bellator also has Jackson, Joey Davis, Koreshkov, Neiman Gracie. Most of Bellator top 10 is grapplers other then MVP and Paul Daley

UFC has a deeper pool of striker only fighters. And Bellator also has Jackson, Joey Davis, Koreshkov, Neiman Gracie. Most of Bellator top 10 is grapplers other then MVP and Paul Daley
UFC has a deeper pool of strikers and grapplers.

I don't see how Davis, Gracie, Amosov, and storley are better than Usman, Chimaev, Colby, Burns, Shavkat, Belal, Brady, and Chiesa.

UFC has a deeper pool of strikers and grapplers.

I don't see how Davis, Gracie, Amosov, and storley are better than Usman, Chimaev, Colby, Burns, Shavkat, Belal, Brady, and Chiesa.
He's saying that UFC will be able to match him up with strikers basically all the way to the top whereas in Bellator he'll run into a heavy top game grappler earlier because the division consists of a larger percentage of them. UFC has a deeper pool in general, it has double the amount of guys on it's roster.

He's saying that UFC will be able to match him up with strikers basically all the way to the top whereas in Bellator he'll run into a heavy top game grappler earlier because the division consists of a larger percentage of them. UFC has a deeper pool in general, it has double the amount of guys on it's roster.
Yup basically. In Bellator you will have to face a wrestler if you want to get anywhere, since the only top guys I feel wouldn’t just take him down right away are MVP, Daley, and maybe Larkin

Yup basically. In Bellator you will have to face a wrestler if you want to get anywhere, since the only top guys I feel wouldn’t just take him down right away are MVP, Daley, and maybe Larkin
MVP has literally never faced a wrestler.lol

And he fights way outclassed opponents as a consequence. So my point is proven correct
Guess I missed the original point, my mistake. The guy should definitely not be where he’s at in Bellator’s rankings.

MVP has literally never faced a wrestler.lol

What about Anzai?

He clowned on Anzai

Anzai was second place at the 2005 All-Japan Junior Olympic Cup, was first place at the 2008 All-Japan Combat Wrestling Championship (over 80 kg). Anzai also won the ADCC Asia Trials in 2011 at 99 kg and 2013 at 88 kg, respectively

What about Anzai?

He clowned on Anzai

Anzai was second place at the 2005 All-Japan Junior Olympic Cup, was first place at the 2008 All-Japan Combat Wrestling Championship (over 80 kg). Anzai also won the ADCC Asia Trials in 2011 at 99 kg and 2013 at 88 kg, respectively

What about him? He may have good Japanese wrestling credentials but isnt a good fighter.

Reactions: Isa

I think female boxer, Danyelle Wolf (or something like that is her name) was signed to UFC from DWTNCS after winning her first mma bout. Also this season Tafa kickboxer guy (forgot his name, Junior maybe?) was supposed to debut in mma at DWTNCS. And from the top of my head Dana White signed Jacoby and Borschev from DWTNCS, they are kickboxers who turned mma fighters (but they had multiple fights in mma before winning their fights at DWTNCS).
So, my point is that maybe 1 fight is enough for UFC to sign Doumbe (and there is another thread about him and UFC; I thought that he posted on social media that UFC will sign him soon? Like, my interpretation was that after this fight at Superkombat they will sign him).

Guess I missed the original point, my mistake. The guy should definitely not be where he’s at in Bellator’s rankings.
I mean, he notched that win over Lima, as close as it was, so I'm not dogging his ranking anymore.

Back