Causing an opponent to flee (turn his back and RUN) - how should it be scored?

its really not a pussy move. it's about avoiding an attack while recalibrating your position.

Jones can fuck Reyes up, i think we can agree on that. Reyes can hurt Jon bad too, but over the long haul Jones is gonna takeover and its gonna get ugly for Reyes.

Ox7BnzC.gif

4dnHD0p.gif

SinfulBronzeAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Can't referees deduct points from a fighter for failing to engage?

2 or 3 shots? Who landed the most strikes in three rounds? If Reyes was running the whole time...

Who landed 64% of their strikes and pressed forward the whole time?

Or are you talking about that flurry reyes threw that jones literally slipped every shot of showing a level of defense usually reserved for the counter punchers you seem to love so much?

Pride system of being c

How so?

One is still fighting, counter striking perhaps even like Anderson Silva? The other... fleeing. Not fighting at all. Possibly not even fitting a practical definition of intelligent defence.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

People are giving Reyes shit for counterstriking but Jones gets a pass for completely turning his back and running like a bitch LMAO.

Not when agression and octagon control are scoring factors brosef. Honestly tho stand there and absorb a flurry of punches with your back to the cage or escape and reset the pace? Easy question.

If the judging criteria was even slightly knowledgeable of the sport it would score defense and making your opponent miss.
That big flurry that everyone thought was reyes beating on jones in reality was Reyes hitting air, not sure how you'd judge that personally.

I get disliking jones but you're reaching on this one

Sure buddy, then TDD and getting up from underneath your opponent should be scored as well. If you shoot on someone and they sprawl on you, it should be scored in their favor if we are scoring slips like in boxing.

Yeah and those 2 or 3 shots reyes landed off the back foot were great. But unfortunately counterstriking isn't scored for shit in MMA where literally walking forward > anything else as we've seen time and time again.

No one cared when yoel counter punched the shit outta natty acai for 3 rounds and nobody really batted a lash when he lost.

Romero won that fight and everyone that's not a hater or a fanboy thought so too.

Just like how every objective fan sees that Reyes clearly won as well.

it depends on how much they do it. once or twice because their opponent has gotten behind them is fine but if they keep doing it that should be a deduction.

Romero won that fight and everyone that's not a hater or a fanboy thought so too.

Just like how every objective fan sees that Reyes clearly won as well.

I had yoel winning and had reyes clearly losing a competitive fight. I could see argument for either one, neither result would be a robbery.

Oh, and they don't score slips in boxing but I'd be in favor of scoring sprawls.

If your back is to the cage and theyre trying to tee off, and you see a window to run through and get out of that position, turn around and keep fighting, i see nothing wrong with that. Better than grabbing and having a fuckin over under stall game for 30 seconds. Fight is a fight, if it works than do it.

For now need to chase the yellow belly down. Depends how often and extensive. Yet again, why 10 point system limited. A minus point or plus point for opponent is fair, like a significant strike or takedown. Call them chicken points.

I mean its a cage,you cant really escape. The ref can only punish a fighter for running excessivley.

In pride if you tried to escape through the ropes,they penalized you. Not really possible here.

The way Conor ran from Diaz in the second fight was embarrassing

Reyes backpedaled the entire 4th and 5th rounds in the hopes he would hear the bell save him from the onslaught Jones was bringing. The fleeting moments Jones turned his back were few and far between.

Doesn't that kind get included in the cage control factor for judging?

Reyes was backing up for 90% of round 2 and for a majority of the fight... where the striking was a wash. Reyes hit nothing but air in that flurry.

Jones did turn his back but there is strategy to this:
- he's only doing it for 5 seconds. while reyes is back pedaling a majority of the round
- you cannot strike the back of an opponents head
- the only shot reyes can throw is a looping hook to try and catch Jones face.
- if reyes throws a kick, his foot is planted and he can't chase jones.

Back