Causing an opponent to flee (turn his back and RUN) - how should it be scored?

at some amateur/regional shows they stop the fight

I feel like these things work themselves out tho because if you get tagged while turning away to run you're probably getting rocked.

Idk but probably doesnt outweigh being on the back foot getting pressured the whole fight

They lose the round. Get shown a fucking card of some sort, and the fight continues.

Do you want to be a fucking fighter? You lose entirerounds for running. Fuck you.

I feel somewhere along the line this was considered akin to turtling up on the ground. It's a sign of getting dominated.

Turning your back puts you in signicant trouble if you dont keep a good distance. You can get hit with shots that you dont see coming as well get hit in rough spots. You have to very careful and it is most definitely a form of intelligent defense when the other fighter is overwhelming with volume of strikes.

Dont see whats wrong with a fighter evading strikes when the other is literally chasing him with haymakers. It worked as well, every time he turned and kept distance, Reyes missed strikes and wasted energy. Explain to me how thats not intelligent defense. If thats all he was doing, then obviously that would be a negative but on the flipside, if it causes opponents to miss and keep chasing, then it worked, especially if the fighter is able to capitalise on moments where the other fighter is tired, which Jones did throughout
You're an absolute retard.

Yeah but that's a bit more subjective.

Not when agression and octagon control are scoring factors brosef. Honestly tho stand there and absorb a flurry of punches with your back to the cage or escape and reset the pace? Easy question.

If the judging criteria was even slightly knowledgeable of the sport it would score defense and making your opponent miss.
That big flurry that everyone thought was reyes beating on jones in reality was Reyes hitting air, not sure how you'd judge that personally.

I get disliking jones but you're reaching on this one

And fuck Conor and Bones for running in fights. I don't understand why they are popular.

Neither are great. Drug abusers of some sort. They arent inspirations.

I'm A shogun fan btw "stay mad he killed your boi"!?!?!??!(!+((!!?!??!

Jon and Conor are boring.

And fuck Conor and Bones for running in fights. I don't understand why they are popular.

Neither are great. Drug abusers of some sort. They arent inspirations.

I'm A shogun fan btw "stay mad he killed your boi"!?!?!??!(!+((!!?!??!

Jon and Conor are boring.

Well one of my favourite MMA moments ever was the result of Shogun v Machida two, I feel he brought justice to what had been a robbery. I hope that Reyes can do the same. And even tho I loved Chuck, Shogun's performance and improvements in wrestling for that fight had me applauding.

Idk but probably doesnt outweigh being on the back foot getting pressured the whole fight
No, you casuals don't understand the concept of counterstriking, if you can land off the back foot, then good. Reyes lures in aggressive strikers, then steps into the counter. In addition, Reyes was circling Jones keeping close to the cage in case of a TD attempt. Just a smart gameplan

Eh, quit bitching. It's a very intelligent form of defense. It avoids the opponent and gives you a chance to reset. The opponent is always free to give chase or cut you off. You could clock him when he isn't looking at you or the runner could bait you into a trap. Maybe you fat Sherdorks should hit a treadmill if a running opponent makes you fill your Spiderman Underoos.

It is nothing to be scored. This isnt the phone booth fighting chamionship. When jones does that or conor does that it is when they are cornered and they do it to return to the center of the octagon so they can work their game. There is no rule that says you have to brawl in the corner

No, you casuals don't understand the concept of counterstriking, if you can land off the back foot, then good. Reyes lures in aggressive strikers, then steps into the counter. In addition, Reyes was circling Jones keeping close to the cage in case of a TD attempt. Just a smart gameplan

Yeah and those 2 or 3 shots reyes landed off the back foot were great. But unfortunately counterstriking isn't scored for shit in MMA where literally walking forward > anything else as we've seen time and time again.

No one cared when yoel counter punched the shit outta natty acai for 3 rounds and nobody really batted a lash when he lost. Only reason you care is because jones got another W on superior defense and octagon control which your seething hatred blinds you from acknowledging.

Now please, random sherdogger who's literally never had even a single amateur bout go ahead and tell me more about this counter punching thing clearly only you understand.
<3>

0, if you can't finish someone who purposely gave up position, it's all on you.

giphy.gif

Yeah and those 2 or 3 shots reyes landed off the back foot were great. But unfortunately counterstriking isn't scored for shit in MMA where literally walking forward > anything else as we've seen time and time again.

No one cared when yoel counter punched the shit outta natty acai for 3 rounds and nobody really batted a lash when he lost. Only reason you care is because jones got another W on superior defense and octagon control which your seething hatred blinds you from acknowledging.

Now please, random sherdogger who's literally never had even a single amateur bout go ahead and tell me more about this counter punching thing clearly only you understand.
<3>
2 or 3 shots? Who landed the most strikes in three rounds? If Reyes was running the whole time...

Back