cauliflower ear

Ruick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey im starting high school wrestling this yr. what are the chances of getting cauliflower ear? i'll be wearing my headgear every match and practice match but i dont think anyone wears headgear during actual practice.. or for learning new moves. anyway just thinking about it scares me, or the stuff i heard about it isnt that bad? dont want needles in my ear to take out the blood,etc.

ive wrestled and done jiu jitsu more than half my life (13 years) and i had cauliflower once i had to get it drained, if your careful and wear your headgear you wont get it, however, if you do get it.... IT HURTS!!!!! to get it drained and when you just get it and its soft still, it hurts pretty bad as well

ouch, did it hurt getting it out? so if i wear my headgear for matches and everything, ill be fine?

i think if you wear it during matches you'll be fine people that do in my jitsu school don't have any (none of them wear it while doing drills) personally when i do wear it which isn't that often its only when i roll with more experienced people that are bound to get me into a bunch of chokes

I have cauliflower ear..I never wore headgear durin JJ for 2 years, and i recently just got it (a month ago) and it does hurt...i went to the doctor and he made a cut in my ear and just squeezed on it and all the blood and water came out, then he stitched this yellow thing on it to keep it from fillin up again and tol me to not go to prac for a month, of course, i went to prac that same night without headgear and rolled right on top of my ear, it filled up again, so i just had some friends take a syring and drain it out...i still have it a lil but once the blood hardens up in your ear, thats it, ull have it 4ever..unless u get it surgically removed. BUT, wear headgear and listen to ur doctor..itll save u the trouble..trust me

Back