cauli question

This may have been said already:

Many doctors will not drain it for you with a syringe, instead they will cut it open, drain it, stitch it up.

I personally get a 16 gauge syringe and use the syringe to suck out the fluid. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to find the right spot. You'll need to do this a few times. After you drain it, compress it so it won't fill up and ice it. Careful for frost bite.

Repeate this process until the swelling stops. Could take a couple weeks.

Wear ear guards in the meantime.

do you guys who get cauliflowered have big ears or ears that stick out? i've never gotten it once.

you can drain it a dozen times but if it is big enough, it will just keep filling up. the key to getting it to heal is constant compression to keep the skin attatched to the cartiledge. the best way to do this is to get it stitched. some old-schoolers use clothes pins and gause wraps but if its bad enough, those won't work. also, if you plan on rolling it will continue to get worse, regardless of ear protection.

Chicks don't dig cauli, at least my wife doesn't. If I get cauli, or my son does (he trains Judo with me) my wife will move to 86 judo training for my son.

do you guys who get cauliflowered have big ears or ears that stick out? i've never gotten it once.

Not necessarily either big or sticking out. The cause is cartilage breaking and separating from the skin. People with "flexible" ears, ones that they can twist into a ball without pain, are less likely to get cauli. People with more firm ears, like mine, cannot bend their ears without pain and tend to get cauli.

you can drain it a dozen times but if it is big enough, it will just keep filling up. the key to getting it to heal is constant compression to keep the skin attatched to the cartiledge. the best way to do this is to get it stitched. some old-schoolers use clothes pins and gause wraps but if its bad enough, those won't work. also, if you plan on rolling it will continue to get worse, regardless of ear protection.

True, but I've found success in immediate compression after draining. You can drain, then pack it with cotton and put a wrap around it and your head. This keeps it compressed with the skin in contact with the cartilage.

I've drained it many times myself and its almost good. everytime i drain it get better. But my problem ist the compression. When i just tap it, its perfect and after a day when i put of that compression it filled again with blood.

Icying is shit. When i iced it down... after 5 min my ears get more blood in it, then before i iced it...

Is there a good tutorial for draining and handling cauli? WITHOUT MISSING A WEEK!

why isn't there an invention where they make a mold of your ear that you can use for compression after you tear dat shit? i can't be the only person to've thought of this.

Back