Catholicism is not Christianity

Dude, Who doesn't care about kids being abused on a massive scale... Me and you don't agree on Religion, but if you really think this isn't one of the main reasons I rail against your Religion, then I really don't know what to tell you, Man.

I know you're a good dude and that you wouldn't intentionally participate in that. But the fact is, that by lending support and money to that organization in the wake of what we know as absolute fact about both the massive amount of consistent abuse and the subsequent cover up that went all the way to the top, then you're a participant, whether intentional or not.

It's pretty simple, Man. And it's a very serious matter...

I apologise..i know that you are a good dude, it's just that you really got me riled up

I apologise..i know that you are a good dude, it's just that you really got me riled up

It was my fault, Buddy... I tend to get riled up myself.

We are just two guys on the complete opposite ends of a subject we're extremely passionate about.

You're still my boy, Blue!

It was my fault, Buddy... I tend to get riled up myself.

We are just two guys on the complete opposite ends of a subject we're extremely passionate about.

You're still my boy, Blue!

Thanks man..thats enough sherdog for me for tonight.

Born and raised (eastern) orthodox christian, now an atheist. However I've studied my former denomination and try to be informed about others too.

Catholics are indeed christians, though barely so. They believe in some weird shit but I guess they pass the bar. Yeah there is the whole boy fucking thing but what can you do, they are christian, I mean what do you expect?

Protestants, on the other hand, don't seem to be christians. That includes most of americans. I am sorry but most of you guys are too far off the rails. Truly heretics AFAIK.

Not that it matters since its all bullshit... just my 2 cents.

The first crusade was a plea by the Byzantines for christians to help agianst Seljuk aggression. And im not saying they were right, im merely saying that war with the Turks was going to happen anyway since they were expanding their borders.

I dont think you know how indulgence worked.

Im not attacking protestants but the basis of their beliefs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Catholics_during_the_Holocaust

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit_brennender_Sorge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summi_Pontificatus

Even if I accept your assertion regarding the First Crusade, there were another eight after that. And the Crusaders were every bit as brutal as the Turks. When they took Jerusalem in 1099, these devout Catholics slaughtered Muslim and Jewish men, women and children. One Crusader writes chillingly of wading through blood up to his ankles.

And I'm not even counting the Northern Crusades against the pagans, who were converted at the point of a sword. Or the Albigension Crusade, which resulted in thousands of men, women and children being massacred by Catholic soldiers for the, "sin" of worshiping the "wrong" God.

I take it you know the origin of the phrase, "Kill them all, let God sort it out"?

As for the Rat Line: some of the worst Nazi war criminals, including Adolf Icheman and Dr Mengle, escaped to South America with the help of high ranking members of the Catholic Church. The fact that many other Catholics risked and in some cases lost their lives trying to protect the victims of Nazis does not change that. If anything, it makes the involvement of Bishops etc even more reprehensible.

Last edited:
NO it's usually "bu but the chusades", don't play dumb. and I was using the muslim point to expose Buk as nothing more than an asshurt Christian hater, as he doesn't seem to have a problem with child rape when its on a much larger scale from another group of people..who just happen to be millions of people..

This thread is about the Catholic Church though. At a guess, the reason why threads about muslim child abuse aren't big things is there is no one to argue against. Everyone agrees it's disgusting and a problem.

You've all calmed down though so I can leave it at that.

Even if I accept your assertion regarding the First Crusade, there were another eight after that. And the Crusaders were every bit as brutal as the Turks. When they took Jerusalem in 1099, these devout Catholics slaughtered Muslim and Jewish men, women and children. One Crusader writes chillingly of wading through blood up to his ankles.

The crusades were a response to muslim expansionism, there is no argument against that, as to the brutality of war, that was the norm of the time, the crusades may have been sanctioned by the church, but the church didnt led armies.

And I'm not even counting the Northern Crusades against the pagans, who were converted at the point of a sword.

Again, they just followed a pattern of germanic expansionism that had been going on for decades, "crusade" was just a tag to military expansionism to make it look nice, you imply that these people were living in peace until a Pope said "fuck it, lets go to war".

Or the Albigension Crusade, which resulted in thousands of men, women and children being massacred by Catholic soldiers for the, "sin" of worshiping the "wrong" God.

Nope, the only massacre was Beziers which was a disordely sack of the city by looters. No religion reasoning behind the massacre.

I take it you know the origin of the phrase, "Kill them all, let God sort it out"?

Yes, like the other 1000s gazillion phrases that were supposedly uttered by someone famous. Yet only Beziers was destroyed.

As for the Rat Line: some of the worst Nazi war criminals, including Adolf Icheman and Dr Mengle, escaped to South America with the help of high ranking members of the Catholic Church. The fact that many other Catholics risked and in some cases lost their lives trying to protect the victims of Nazis does not change that. If anything, it makes the involvement of Bishops etc even more reprehensible.

Again, which evidence do you have that high ranking catholic members were knowingly helping the nazis? because most nazis escaped by disguising themselves as refugees on red cross ships.

Was the red cross a nazi organization of evil?

You can have charity, community service and social work without the absolute insanity, destruction, abuse, corruption and bigotry involved in Religion.

Let me say it again, for the cheap seats... Religion=/=Charity.

That's just one of the ways this scam attempts to legitimize itself. The work they do is tainted. For every one person they feed, another 20 die in Africa because of the Church's stance on Birth Control. Your religion is a scourge. The work it does, that can be done without religion attached to it like a bad smell, does in no way excuse the massive amount of destruction it does, hate and violence it perpetrates, control it seeks to exercise or bigotry it is about.

I call bullshit.

Its not my religion, but half of what you say is BS.

acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

jude 1:3
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ

Last edited:
Lol When you revere man, you get things like Crusades. Man is imperfect.

When you follow and revere characters in books full of violent fairy tales which preach hate, war, subjagation, slavery and conquest of the other is when you get things like the Crusades.

There in reality is little core difference between religion following Protestant Christians, Catholic Christians, Sunni Muslims, Shia Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists or Scientologists. They've all given up the ability to think for themselves and once you've given up that ability you're in danger of doing some f**ked up shit or at least supporting some f**ked up shit.

The great thing about western religions though is the great logic and scientific education that we have to counter it, unlike say the Middle East and it's Muslims.

That of course is changing though - if the GOP has there way, America will be the Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

Finally, if you are genuinely ignorant of the Rat Lines and the part the Catholic Church played in helping Nazi war criminals to escape to South America, don't bother replying. I don't have the time to waste educating you.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that poster doesn't even know the history of his own church. But aside from the Vatican/ Nazi connection, he wants to compare the Salem witch trials to the freakin Crusades, inquisition, nation conquering of Catholics rofl. I mean, what's the point of a debate if one party trivializes, or is totally ignorant of the facts. I don't even want to get into the mystery Babylon practices and symbols of Catholicism.

Who commissioned the first Bible?

Are you referring to the Muratorian Canon?

Or the Council of Laodicea?

Either way, the Orthodox Church would say that THEY commissioned the first Bible. It was before the Great Schism, so there was no Orthodox and Catholic Churches - just the Church. (Though I think the Nestorians may have already split)

Also, I'm not sure what commissioning a bible has to do with anything.

What else you got?

A lot more actually. But what's the point if you are going to twist doctrine to fit your own interpretation?

Would you like to talk about the Pagan connection to Catholicism? The main reason for the Protestant Reformation was because people realized Catholicism was essentially Mystery Babylon.

Last edited:
Protestants were not around to be involved in the Crusades, but they sure burned lots of anabaptists and catholics at the stake when they got a chance lol. then there are those southern protestants that attempted to justify slavery with their faith.

abrahamic religions are all bloody. they each have GREAT members that the world is a better place for....but fairly regularly an abrahamic follower will decide to murder some people.

odd that people claim Catholics arent christians. the faith wouldnt exist without them.

That's a really good point about Soldiers.

If all Catholics were like yourself, while I still wouldn't believe in or follow their doctrine, I'd be in here singing that Religions praises instead. It's just unfortunate that's not the case, because people like you are the only thing I've ever found that's lent legitimacy to that Religion. I will say that I had no idea you were Catholic, though. I always thought you were one of those godless Atheists like myself, haha.

I'm not much of a Catholic these days. As I said, Ive lost much of my faith. I do hold onto some of its teachings and I actually miss having it. So we are clear, I do see where you're coming from and I don't judge you for being atheist or my best friend for being Hindu, and so on.

I'm Late to the party but I don't think you can generalize any denomination as not Christian. As I heard another poster here write and I'll paraphrase:

There are Some in Catholicism that aren't saved, then there are some of the most sincere rightous Christians that belong to the Catholic Church. Same could be said about any Protestant church.

Myself I don't particularly agree with a few things the Catholic Church does. The relics, praying to saints and Mary, the idea of an infallible papacy... Seems very unbiblical and I have found no scripture to back any of these ideas or practices.

That being said my Dad is a very strict catholic and he argues but the Roman Catholic Church is the foundation of Christianity and that King James changed doctrine to fit his agenda... And I really have no argument against that. I don't know enough about the Protestant reformation to dispute it. One sides says one thing, the other says the opposite.

Buut my Dad has yet to show me scripture about the prayer to saints, Mary, relics and other traditions...

Born and raised (eastern) orthodox christian, now an atheist. However I've studied my former denomination and try to be informed about others too.

Catholics are indeed christians, though barely so. They believe in some weird shit but I guess they pass the bar. Yeah there is the whole boy fucking thing but what can you do, they are christian, I mean what do you expect?

Protestants, on the other hand, don't seem to be christians. That includes most of americans. I am sorry but most of you guys are too far off the rails. Truly heretics AFAIK.

Not that it matters since its all bullshit... just my 2 cents.

Damn, everybody ignored you. Come on guys, what do we orthodox christians need to do around here to attract some hate?

I'm Late to the party but I don't think you can generalize any denomination as not Christian. As I heard another poster here write and I'll paraphrase:

There are Some in Catholicism that aren't saved, then there are some of the most sincere rightous Christians that belong to the Catholic Church. Same could be said about any Protestant church.

Myself I don't particularly agree with a few things the Catholic Church does. The relics, praying to saints and Mary, the idea of an infallible papacy... Seems very unbiblical and I have found no scripture to back any of these ideas or practices.

That being said my Dad is a very strict catholic and he argues but the Roman Catholic Church is the foundation of Christianity and that King James changed doctrine to fit his agenda... And I really have no argument against that. I don't know enough about the Protestant reformation to dispute it. One sides says one thing, the other says the opposite.

Buut my Dad has yet to show me scripture about the prayer to saints, Mary, relics and other traditions...

Again, the protestant reformation was mainly created because the people correctly understood that Catholicism is basically Mystery Babylon and Pagan god worship. This is a big topic, but you can do a little research yourself. Catholicism has nothing to do with Christianity and every thing to do with Pagan deity worship. The reformation is a fascinating topic, and Ill get back to it later.

Again, the protestant reformation was mainly created because the people correctly understood that Catholicism is basically Mystery Babylon and Pagan god worship. This is a big topic, but you can do a little research yourself. Catholicism has nothing to do with Christianity and every thing to do with Pagan deity worship. The reformation is a fascinating topic, and Ill get back to it later.

Sounds good. I've done a little research on it but not a whole lot... But that's probably because I haven't really questioned it all that much,

I've said this about a 1,000 times on here but for a long time I didn't believe the bible was God inspired...but have radically changed my beliefs and feel that God has led me to the bible... And I really haven't questioned it too much.

I know to some that sounds insane but that's my beliefs, my life has changed drastically and for the better because of it.

Back