Catholicism is not Christianity

Okay I misread it, but my follow up point to Bag Area still stands. If you believe in JC, you are part of the Church, even if you aren't part of a group of fellow believers. You can be alone and worship, but your part of the church regardless.

You have to do certain good things too.

No...and I can easily prove that too...I'm smart enough to know the difference between a Muslim and a radical Islamist...nice try though

It's all the same. The only reason that the worst people of any religion are able to do these horrible things is because there is an army of supporters 'just trying to do the right thing' supporting them and lending them legitimacy. The supporters of a Religion are party to it's 'sins'.

If you're a Catholic and Tithe... Chances are like 100% you've contributed directly to the cover up of a HUGE amount of sexual abuse... How's that grab ya? Pun intended.

I don't see it as the same thing at all, my Friend... The Catholic Church started as an extremely corrupt, horrible, abusive organization that bilks people out of their hard earned money and remains so to this day. And consistently covers up the most heinous crimes of their leadership in order to keep that money coming in and that control going out.

Even if you're born into a Country and can choose to actively participate in something or not. To be a part of something or not. Just as one can choose to be part of such an organization of misogyny, homophobia, hate, corruption, abuse, sexual abuse of minors and the cover up of it all by the Catholic Church. If someone is part of the Catholic Church and their ongoing assault on the Human Race by not only the things I've mentioned above, but things like throwing gasoline on the fire of Africa by preaching against Condoms or preaching against Homosexuals, then I really don't know what else could be said... Other than they're not party to that.

The Scenario you posed would make more sense to me if someone from those Countries was a Neo Nazi or a member of the KKK.

Very coincidentally, the only people that I know today that could be characterized by either of those terms just happen to be Catholics.

Excellent point. And many people have left the Catholic Church because of it. The actions of these people have crippled the faith of millions. I'm one of those people.
But Catholicism stands for more to people than the actions of the people who operate it. They have unwaivering faith in the doctrine. Just like the Patriots who fight for the country in spite of crooked politicians abusing their power to line their pockets and further agendas.

I do see the abusive power of organized region throughout history - it's being used now in the ME, and to a much lesser extent in the U.S. I think it's better to argue against the people doing the abusing and their too easily manipulated flowers, than the doctrine itself and the peaceful followers.

It's all the same. The only reason that the worst people of any religion are able to do these horrible things is because there is an army of supporters 'just trying to do the right thing' supporting them and lending them legitimacy. The supporters of a Religion are party to it's 'sins'.

If you're a Catholic and Tithe... Chances are like 100% you've contributed directly to the cover up of a HUGE amount of sexual abuse... How's that grab ya? Pun intended.

Oh my...I'm sorry that your mind works in such a limited way..you bought it hook line and sinker "all priests bugger little boys"....generalisations like that are for fucking idiots. Simple. Kinda funny how you hate on catholics so much..when Islamic folk are responsible for child rape at a rate of at least a HUNDRED THOUSAND times more than catholics..na, not obvious at all what you are about at all :icon_neut

Irrelevant. The fact remains that the Catholic Church instituted the Crusades, not just in response to Islamic aggression but also on European soil. And a large percentage of the casualties were not Barons, Dukes, Knights or even the poor, bloody infantry: they were civilians in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The first crusade was a plea by the Byzantines for christians to help agianst Seljuk aggression. And im not saying they were right, im merely saying that war with the Turks was going to happen anyway since they were expanding their borders.

It's also ironic that you condemn Protestants by comparing them to Jihadists who's crimes are approved by God. One of the Catholic Church's recruitment tools was to promise a complete remission of all sins committed by Crusaders - both before and during the Crusade itself.

I dont think you know how indulgence worked.

To label all Protestants as puritans who believe themselves clean and unsullied is as retarded as believing all Catholic priests are pedophiles. Or all Muslims are terrorists.

Im not attacking protestants but the basis of their beliefs.

Finally, if you are genuinely ignorant of the Rat Lines and the part the Catholic Church played in helping Nazi war criminals to escape to South America, don't bother replying. I don't have the time to waste educating you.:rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Catholics_during_the_Holocaust

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit_brennender_Sorge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summi_Pontificatus

Follow a god to promise land is all religions. People working together like normal humans to reach promise land much more probable. :D

Or to the massive amount of charitable work carried by the church too, also the catholic church doesnt depends entirely on tithes.

Thanks, Man. It appears I just elevated rhetoric as well... Which is petty. But I'm tired of people like the person you just quoted making nothing but posts that are 100% against their teachings, then claiming to be self-righteous when it comes to Religion and hiding behind that. I feel compelled to call them out on it. As I feel compelled to call Religion on it's Bullshit...

I genuinely think it's the most dangerous thing in the entire world. I just have to be honest about that. But it's true... Ad Homenims are just small and petty. It's only when someone like you comes in and points that out that I realize that when returning fire like I did.

Thanks

You were just responding in kind as far as I could see. And exposing a somebody's hypocrisy at the same time. Win win :)

On power:

This is one of those "only in America" things. Nowhere else do people think Catholicism and Christianity are two different religions. The term "Catholic" didn't even come around until after the Protestant reformation was well underway and people started using that term to distinguish it from the new churches that were sprouting up. Before it was the Catholic Church people just called it Church.

Excellent point. And many people have left the Catholic Church because of it. The actions of these people have crippled the faith of millions. I'm one of those people.
But Catholicism stands for more to people than the actions of the people who operate it. They have unwaivering faith in the doctrine. Just like the Patriots who fight for the country in spite of crooked politicians abusing their power to line their pockets and further agendas.

I do see the abusive power of organized region throughout history - it's being used now in the ME, and to a much lesser extent in the U.S. I think it's better to argue against the people doing the abusing and their too easily manipulated flowers, than the doctrine itself and the peaceful followers.

That's a really good point about Soldiers.

If all Catholics were like yourself, while I still wouldn't believe in or follow their doctrine, I'd be in here singing that Religions praises instead. It's just unfortunate that's not the case, because people like you are the only thing I've ever found that's lent legitimacy to that Religion. I will say that I had no idea you were Catholic, though. I always thought you were one of those godless Atheists like myself, haha.

Or to the massive amount of charitable work carried by the church too, also the catholic church doesnt depends entirely on tithes.

You can have charity, community service and social work without the absolute insanity, destruction, abuse, corruption and bigotry involved in Religion.

Let me say it again, for the cheap seats... Religion=/=Charity.

That's just one of the ways this scam attempts to legitimize itself. The work they do is tainted. For every one person they feed, another 20 die in Africa because of the Church's stance on Birth Control. Your religion is a scourge. The work it does, that can be done without religion attached to it like a bad smell, does in no way excuse the massive amount of destruction it does, hate and violence it perpetrates, control it seeks to exercise or bigotry it is about.

I call bullshit.

I just wanted to clear some things up here for people not familiar with true Christianity (Protestant, Baptist, Calvinist). I am not a part of any religion by the way, so I have no real horse in this race.

In Muslim threads on this board, posters will often defend Islam by saying things like:

"Well what about the Christian inquisition and torture of heretics?"
"Well what about the mass murder the Christians caused during the crusades" or
"What about the Christian Conquistadors that conquered and subjugated indigenous peoples"

Islam actually has a lot more in common with Protestantism than Catholicism, if you think about it. The absence of a singular governing body, the literal interpretation of scripture, regarding scripture as the sole foundation for building one's life while rejecting any new teaching traditions... it's the same religion using slightly different books. Muslims are just a little better at sticking to theirs.

Oh my...I'm sorry that your mind works in such a limited way..you bought it hook line and sinker "all priests bugger little boys"....generalisations like that are for fucking idiots. Simple. Kinda funny how you hate on catholics so much..when Islamic folk are responsible for child rape at a rate of at least a HUNDRED THOUSAND times more than catholics..na, not obvious at all what you are about at all :icon_neut

So, basically... You didn't feel like reading anything I've said.

It's all good, Bud. If I was in your position, I wouldn't want to get exposed either.

So, basically... You didn't feel like reading anything I've said.

It's all good, Bud. If I was in your position, I wouldn't want to get exposed either.

Exposed for what?????. You are a fucking lying lunatic. FUCK what you said son

Regarding the pedo, at least for me, the main issue isn't that some priests did some terrible things. There is no way a large organisation can keep all degenerates out.

The main problem was the active covering up of these crime and protection of the perpetrators by very senior members of the church. That is very hard and I think impossible to defend.

"b-b-b-but the muslims"

Is that how things work around here

Exposed for what?????. You are a fucking lying lunatic. FUCK what you said son

I said that if you Tithe and you're Catholic, then chances that you are directly involved in both the sexual abuse of minors on a massive scale and it's subsequent cover up are almost 100%.

Then you spouted a bunch of nonsense and just generally acted like a dog that shit the carpet but is unwilling to look at the mess it's made, even when it's being directed to do so.

of the church. That is very hard and I think impossible to defend.

"b-b-b-but the muslims"

Is that how things work around here

NO it's usually "bu but the chusades", don't play dumb. and I was using the muslim point to expose Buk as nothing more than an asshurt Christian hater, as he doesn't seem to have a problem with child rape when its on a much larger scale from another group of people..who just happen to be millions of people..

I said that if you Tithe and you're Catholic, then chances that you are directly involved in both the sexual abuse of minors on a massive scale and it's subsequent cover up are almost 100%.

Then you spouted a bunch of nonsense and just generally acted like a dog that shit the carpet but is unwilling to look at the mess it's made, even when it's being directed to do so.

YOU DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE ABUSE OF CHILDREN...you are just on another one of your pathetic anti Christian rants

NO it's usually "bu but the chusades", don't play dumb. and I was using the muslim point to expose Buk as nothing more than an asshurt Christian hater, as he doesn't seem to have a problem with child rape when its on a much larger scale from another group of people..who just happen to be millions of people..

YOU DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE ABUSE OF CHILDREN...you are just on another one of your pathetic anti Christian rants

Dude, Who doesn't care about kids being abused on a massive scale... Me and you don't agree on Religion, but if you really think this isn't one of the main reasons I rail against your Religion, then I really don't know what to tell you, Man.

I know you're a good dude and that you wouldn't intentionally participate in that. But the fact is, that by lending support and money to that organization in the wake of what we know as absolute fact about both the massive amount of consistent abuse and the subsequent cover up that went all the way to the top, then you're a participant, whether intentional or not.

It's pretty simple, Man. And it's a very serious matter...

So what's the west beef with the Shia Muslims? Did they ever invade Europe?

Back