Catholicism is not Christianity

How about high ranking "people of faith" covering up numerous cases of pedophilia in the Catholic church? Mind directing me to some scripture verses, skambolis?

At this point, anyone... And I mean anyone... That is part of the Catholic Church after knowing what they've done and covered up and didn't instantly resign or disband that religion...

Is now party to those horrendous crimes.

There is nothing worse than the Catholic 'Church'.

LOL, so if the catholic church had never risen, no war would had ever happened in Europe?

Sure a lot of people died in the crusades, a lot of lords, knights and soldiers that would had been used to plow the land and live in harmony right? dont be asinine.

What?

Indeed, but catholics at least accept that they did wrong in the past, the essence of protestantism is puritanism, a sense that they are completely clean and unsullied to a point where all the crimes they commit are approved by god, no much different from jihadists.

Irrelevant. The fact remains that the Catholic Church instituted the Crusades, not just in response to Islamic aggression but also on European soil. And a large percentage of the casualties were not Barons, Dukes, Knights or even the poor, bloody infantry: they were civilians in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's also ironic that you condemn Protestants by comparing them to Jihadists who's crimes are approved by God. One of the Catholic Church's recruitment tools was to promise a complete remission of all sins committed by Crusaders - both before and during the Crusade itself.

To label all Protestants as puritans who believe themselves clean and unsullied is as retarded as believing all Catholic priests are pedophiles. Or all Muslims are terrorists.

Finally, if you are genuinely ignorant of the Rat Lines and the part the Catholic Church played in helping Nazi war criminals to escape to South America, don't bother replying. I don't have the time to waste educating you.:rolleyes:

So your point is why teach the right thing because some people won't follow it correctly?

:rolleyes:

You could say that about morality or how to properly do math. You could say that about anything. Why wouldn't someone teach the proper way? You are adding about what I expected.

That goes in faith (what you teach to belief) vs works (what you do, or how you teach by example), doesn't it? What do Catholics subscribe to?

At this point, anyone... And I mean anyone... That is part of the Catholic Church after knowing what they've done and covered up and didn't instantly resign or disband that religion...

Is now party to those horrendous crimes.

Hey Buk!
Putting faith, or lack thereof aside, isn't that like saying anybody who remains in Germany after WWII is now a party to the Holocaust?

Or USA after our massacre of the Native Americans?

I agree with you and Scorpion that the folks in positions of power allowed abhorrent atrocities to persist for decades, but these are still only a tiny part of the Catholic Church.

The guy was driving out demons in Jesus' name. He was a follower of Jesus, but he wasn't one of Jesus' pals. Jesus will accept all followers, and they don't need to be sanctioned by other followers of Jesus, Jesus already sanctioned them in that passage.

Okay I misread it, but my follow up point to Bag Area still stands. If you believe in JC, you are part of the Church, even if you aren't part of a group of fellow believers. You can be alone and worship, but your part of the church regardless.

He said he would refute any claim that Catholics aren't Christians - meaning the faith and not the actions of the flawed humans who claim to observe it.

He said he'll disprove any example of "how Catholicism deviates from the bible."

I said institutionalized pedophilia in the Catholic Church seems like a deviation. If we're talking purely theology and doctrine, sure I agree with you. But the church practices in general? They deviate a lot.

He said he'll disprove any example of "how Catholicism deviates from the bible."

I said institutionalized pedophilia in the Catholic Church seems like a deviation. If we're talking purely theology and doctrine, sure I agree with you. But the church practices in general? They deviate a lot.

He didn't rely say that.
His statement was about Caghic vs Christianity. Bay Area twisted it a bit and skombis went along with BA's phrasing. Following the argument I see him defending that original argument not the latter.

Yes it is..it is one of many types of Christianity...Christianity, is an ideology, not a religion in itself

There's no doubt the Catholic Church has done some wondrously slimy things. Indulgences come to mind. They were the first to monetize the Gutenberg press and they made a killing.

Does that mean that the belief system itself is not valid because the leadership is corrupt (something more aptly applied to North American politics)?

Does that mean that the people who run the church today are the same people as 500 years ago?

Don't get me wrong, I initially left the Catholic church for reasons very much like those expressed ITT, but that doesn't make it any less Christian as a religion, just more deviant. A pervert is still a human being, as it were. No offense to all the fine Catholics whom I intend to support with this response, because there's certainly lots and lots of really good people of all faiths.

Yes, it is worse than the Nazis, it is worse than the atheists communist party in USSR and china---all these killing millions of people. Or muslims cutting up the private parts of women or human trafficking. Or sweat shops in mexico and SE asia.

And lets forget all the catholic hospitals and charities and schools and all the missionaries in shit ass countries helping people not starve to death.
So fucking horrible.

And look at all these horrendous crimes that we in america have committed. You are a sicko if you don't move to canada and get out of this horrible USA. I mean, Indians have dieded.
There is nothing worse than people like you that do not know good from bad and are either disingenuous or stupid or both.

Hey Buk!
Putting faith, or lack thereof aside, isn't that like saying anybody who remains in Germany after WWII is now a party to the Holocaust?

Or USA after our massacre of the Native Americans?

I agree with you and Scorpion that the folks in positions of power allowed abhorrent atrocities to persist for decades, but these are still only a tiny part of the Catholic Church.

I don't see it as the same thing at all, my Friend... The Catholic Church started as an extremely corrupt, horrible, abusive organization that bilks people out of their hard earned money and remains so to this day. And consistently covers up the most heinous crimes of their leadership in order to keep that money coming in and that control going out.

Even if you're born into a Country and can choose to actively participate in something or not. To be a part of something or not. Just as one can choose to be part of such an organization of misogyny, homophobia, hate, corruption, abuse, sexual abuse of minors and the cover up of it all by the Catholic Church. If someone is part of the Catholic Church and their ongoing assault on the Human Race by not only the things I've mentioned above, but things like throwing gasoline on the fire of Africa by preaching against Condoms or preaching against Homosexuals, then I really don't know what else could be said... Other than they're not party to that.

The Scenario you posed would make more sense to me if someone from those Countries was a Neo Nazi or a member of the KKK.

Very coincidentally, the only people that I know today that could be characterized by either of those terms just happen to be Catholics.

There's no doubt the Catholic Church has done some wondrously slimy things. Indulgences come to mind. They were the first to monetize the Gutenberg press and they made a killing.

Does that mean that the belief system itself is not valid because the leadership is corrupt (something more aptly applied to North American politics)?

Does that mean that the people who run the church today are the same people as 500 years ago?

Don't get me wrong, I initially left the Catholic church for reasons very much like those expressed ITT, but that doesn't make it any less Christian as a religion, just more deviant. A pervert is still a human being, as it were. No offense to all the fine Catholics whom I intend to support with this response, because there's certainly lots and lots of really good people of all faiths.

And that should be /Thread.

If you believe in God, if you believe that Jesus died for you and you try to live your life according to his teachings - you're a Christian. End of story. What Church, if any, you belong to, is unimportant compared to that.

Unfortunately there will be at least another 20 pages of,

Catholic Church is the only Church/Catholic Church is full of pedophiles.:rolleyes:

Yes, it is worse than the Nazis, it is worse than the atheists communist party in USSR and china---all these killing millions of people. Or muslims cutting up the private parts of women or human trafficking. Or sweat shops in mexico and SE asia.

And lets forget all the catholic hospitals and charities and schools and all the missionaries in shit ass countries helping people not starve to death.
So fucking horrible.

There is nothing worse than people like you that do not know good from bad and are either disingenuous or stupid or both.

You're like the absolute worst person I've encountered on this forum. It's not surprising to me that you're so religious. It's also not surprising to me that you seem to not be able to grasp that you can have social work and charity without the harmful effects of Religion.

You're in denial. You drank the cool aid... You have nothing to add to this conversation.

This is me dismissing you...

He didn't rely say that.
His statement was about Caghic vs Christianity. Bay Area twisted it a bit and skombis went along with BA's phrasing. Following the argument I see him defending that original argument not the latter.

You're right, I jumped the gun without really reading the OP, just skombolis' post.

Not true either. Buk is great people, he is just passionately opposed to organized religion. There is a way to have this conversation without elevating the rhetoric.

Yet, you'd say the same thing about Muslims... Wouldn't you?

No...and I can easily prove that too...I'm smart enough to know the difference between a Muslim and a radical Islamist...nice try though

Not true either. Buk is great people, he is just passionately opposed to organized religion. There is a way to have this conversation without elevating the rhetoric.

Thanks, Man. It appears I just elevated rhetoric as well... Which is petty. But I'm tired of people like the person you just quoted making nothing but posts that are 100% against their teachings, then claiming to be self-righteous when it comes to Religion and hiding behind that. I feel compelled to call them out on it. As I feel compelled to call Religion on it's Bullshit...

I genuinely think it's the most dangerous thing in the entire world. I just have to be honest about that. But it's true... Ad Homenims are just small and petty. It's only when someone like you comes in and points that out that I realize that when returning fire like I did.

Thanks

Back