Catholicism is not Christianity

Point taken, just wanted to rustle skombolis a little bit. But he said he'll prove wrong every example of how Catholicism deviates from the bible. Since Catholicism is pretty much based upon the Catholic church, or at least it's an enormous part of your average Catholic's life and faith, I'd say how it's run and its practices are in direct relationship to the religion.

The bible was compiled by the catholic church.

The inquisition killed around 3000 out of hundreds of thousands of trials, the inquisition were not kangaroo courts, they were at the top of the time in terms of legal procedure. With professional lawyers and judges

Protestants killed tens of thousands in witch trials, none of which was a witch and which were carried by mob rule.

Calvinism gave rise to racial supremacism, it also gave rise to the church of Jeezus where the rich are righteous and the poor are sinners.

You really want to go there? How many died during the Crusades? And not just in the Middle East, but the crusades against, "heretics" like the Cathars. Or the Thirty Years War, in which the Catholic Church matched the Protestant armies body count for body count.

Racial Supremacy? How about the Rat Lines set up by the Catholic Church to help Nazis escape prosecution after the War?

Neither Catholicism nor Calvinism has the right to the moral high ground. Both have stained their histories with the blood of innocent people.

Point taken, just wanted to rustle skombolis a little bit. But he said he'll prove wrong every example of how Catholicism deviates from the bible. Since Catholicism is pretty much based upon the Catholic church, or at least it's an enormous part of your average Catholic's life and faith, I'd say how it's run and its practices are in direct relationship to the religion.

lol, that makes no sense. What people do individually in no way makes doctrine responsible if the actions deviate from the teachings. It's like blaming the Constitution when you hear of a corrupt government official. You aren't smart enough to rustle me kid.

In Muslim threads on this board, posters will often defend Islam by saying things like:

"Well what about the Christian inquisition and torture of heretics?"
"Well what about the mass murder the Christians caused during the crusades" or
"What about the Christian Conquistadors that conquered and subjugated indigenous peoples"

Ok, but most catholics did not participate in teh inquisition--- Have you wondered why it is the SPANISH INQUISTITION???? Where is the vatican again?

The Crusades was in response to muslims taking over christian lands.

SPANISH conquistadors---so warriors did something bad????

Look, I am going to save this stupid thread.

Any religion, look at the holy book and see if it condones these actions. Christianity is so fucking anti-violence and anti-killing and anti-perseuction it is crazy to think that christianity told these people to do x
now, compare that to the Quran that talks about Muhammed fucking a 9 year old and recommending subjugating and killing and raping non-muslims.
Muslims saying anything are dumb as fuck because they worship a pedo-raper-murderer.
So who gives a shit. How about you listen to a fat fuck tell you how to go on a diet.

Jesus sanctioned anybody to act in his name. The Pope is wrong on this one:

I don't read it that way. The man in this story wasn't a Christian, he was just a good person. Jesus is saying, imo, that good people are to be rewarded regardless of their faith.

Anybody who believes in JC is part of the Church. Whether you gather or not, you are on the team. I interpret Frank to be saying the exact opposite of the OP. There is one Church, whether it be Protestant or Cathic, the other arguments are vanity.

lol, that makes no sense. What people do individually in no way makes doctrine responsible if the actions deviate from the teachings. It's like blaming the Constitution when you hear of a corrupt government official. You aren't smart enough to rustle me kid.

By that logic the Catholic church is a perfect representation of God's word on Earth. Which is laughable.

Lol ok so Catholics don't idol worship now? The Pope is not the Vicar of Christ? They don't worship statues of Mary now? You don't ask saints to pray for you. Again the fundamental basis of Christianity is that YOU have a direct relationship with God, there is not in between. The Pastor's duty is to preach the word of God to Christians. But he is not revered in any way shape or form. When you revere man, you get things like Crusades. Man is imperfect.

But anyway lets take a look at Mary. Praying directly to Mary or Mary idols to get to Jesus is not Christian. Every man has a direct link to Jesus Christ. As to if Mary is worshiped or not:

There is only one God, and you are to serve no other gods (Exodus 20:3).

Now this is directly from the Vatican Council II texts. Stating basically that Mary is the subject of Worship.

vatican2scansmaryworship1.jpg
vatican2scansmaryworship4.jpg

You can't be this stupid can you? You think Catholics believe statues of saints are really gods and worship them as gods? Do you know why Catholics even used statues? Because statues and paintings were easy ways to depict stories and most people back then were illiterate. They don't think the statues are gods.

And Catholics ask Mary to pray FOR THEM. And it isn't basically stating that at all. Nowhere does it even imply Mary is to be served as a god. She is however to be respected as she was chosen specifically from God, apart from all others, to be the human mother of Jesus Christ. That's as biblical as it gets.

What else you got?

My, you're virtuous.

Shedding those silly fairy tales sure did show how intellectually independent you are.

Jaysus, don't you take yourself a bit too seriously ? Maybe you should have a drink or a smoke and relax a little bit.

[YT]FdolFXcNAH4[/YT]

He is saying a Christian without a church is not possible. Which once again, is incorrect. You don't need any church to be a Christian. Just your own faith

They are fundamentally different, and no where did I state that I am a Christian.

If you have faith, you are part of The Church. If you have faith and live in the middle of the dessert with nobody to congregate with and no shelter to call a physical church, you are part of the Church. If you believe in JC, but call it Skyism instead of Baptism you are part of the church. If you don't like Christians because whatever, but you believe in JC, you are part of the Church. Its an inherent association.

By that logic the Catholic church is a perfect representation of God's word on Earth. Which is laughable.

lol, WTF?

Doctrine child not individual behavior of church members. And doctrine based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Listen, go play with you video games or baseball cards or something. The adults are talking.

You really want to go there? How many died during the Crusades? And not just in the Middle East, but the crusades against, "heretics" like the Cathars. Or the Thirty Years War, in which the Catholic Church matched the Protestant armies body count for body count.

LOL, so if the catholic church had never risen, no war would had ever happened in Europe?

Sure a lot of people died in the crusades, a lot of lords, knights and soldiers that would had been used to plow the land and live in harmony right? dont be asinine.

Racial Supremacy? How about the Rat Lines set up by the Catholic Church to help Nazis escape prosecution after the War?

What?

Neither Catholicism nor Calvinism has the right to the moral high ground. Both have stained their histories with the blood of innocent people.

Indeed, but catholics at least accept that they did wrong in the past, the essence of protestantism is puritanism, a sense that they are completely clean and unsullied to a point where all the crimes they commit are approved by god, no much different from jihadists.

lol, WTF?

Doctrine child not individual behavior of church members. And doctrine based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Listen, go play with you video games or baseball cards or something. The adults are talking.

Then the doctrine obviously doesn't match the actions. What's the point of the doctrine if it's discarded as often as it is in the Catholic church?

What you say and what you do are completely different. So if the doctrine is one thing, yet the church does the opposite time and time again, what is the REAL doctrine?

EDIT: Kind of like politics. When the rhetoric doesn't match the policy, does the rhetoric really matter?

Ok, but most catholics did not participate in teh inquisition--- Have you wondered why it is the SPANISH INQUISTITION???? Where is the vatican again?

The Crusades was in response to muslims taking over christian lands.

SPANISH conquistadors---so warriors did something bad????

Look, I am going to save this stupid thread.

Any religion, look at the holy book and see if it condones these actions. Christianity is so fucking anti-violence and anti-killing and anti-perseuction it is crazy to think that christianity told these people to do x
now, compare that to the Quran that talks about Muhammed fucking a 9 year old and recommending subjugating and killing and raping non-muslims.
Muslims saying anything are dumb as fuck because they worship a pedo-raper-murderer.
So who gives a shit. How about you listen to a fat fuck tell you how to go on a diet.

I enjoyed this post, delicious.

I can't speak to what the Quran says but rest is spot on. The excuse is religion, the cause is greed and power seeking.

Then hypocrisy might as well be a catholic virtue.

Its called the bible not the catholic constitution, and even if it was a constitution, then its up to the supreme court to interpret it, not the layman.

Jaysus, don't you take yourself a bit too seriously ? Maybe you should have a drink or a smoke and relax a little bit.

Not Catholic. Raised Methodist, grew up as an atheist, currently identify as nondenominational unitarian.

Then the doctrine obviously doesn't match the actions. What's the point of the doctrine if it's discarded as often as it is in the Catholic church?

What you say and what you do are completely different. So if the doctrine is one thing, yet the church does the opposite time and time again, what is the REAL doctrine?

EDIT: Kind of like politics. When the rhetoric doesn't match the policy, does the rhetoric really matter?

So your point is why teach the right thing because some people won't follow it correctly?

:rolleyes:

You could say that about morality or how to properly do math. You could say that about anything. Why wouldn't someone teach the proper way? You are adding about what I expected.

He said he would refute any claim that Catholics aren't Christians - meaning the faith and not the actions of the flawed humans who claim to observe it.

I don't read it that way. The man in this story wasn't a Christian, he was just a good person. Jesus is saying, imo, that good people are to be rewarded regardless of their faith.

Anybody who believes in JC is part of the Church. Whether you gather or not, you are on the team. I interpret Frank to be saying the exact opposite of the OP. There is one Church, whether it be Protestant or Cathic, the other arguments are vanity.

The guy was driving out demons in Jesus' name. He was a follower of Jesus, but he wasn't one of Jesus' pals. Jesus will accept all followers, and they don't need to be sanctioned by other followers of Jesus, Jesus already sanctioned them in that passage.

Back