Catholic Ossuaries - Making Artwork Out Of Dead People

blackhat

Breaking Chains
@purple
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make thread to expose one of the many fucked up traditions of the Roman Catholic church...

Looks like some shit out of a horror movie.

800px-Sedlec_Ossuary_chandelier.JPG

sedlec-ossuary-bone-chuch-czech-republic.jpg

chapel-of-bones.jpg

5baf444b5637ef1e66deb51c58d2e141.jpg

543830417-church-roman-catholic-monsatic-order-gettyimages.jpg

headrelic

SantaMariadellaConcezione..jpg

%93reliquary%20with%20skull%20of%20Mary%20Magdalene%94can%20be%20venerated%20and%20adored%20in%20the%20basilica%20crypt%20of%20St.%20Maximinin%20la%20Saint%20Baume%20in%20France.jpg

luther.jpg

skeletons.jpg

czermna.jpg

SkullCathedral.jpg

800px-Lebka_vaclavova.JPG

Thoughts?

Fucked up? Those bones were just going to rot in a heap otherwise. Now they get to live long second lives as parts of interesting art. They should be honored.

When Native Americans never let anything go to waste we call them respectful of Mother Earth; when Catholics do it we call them fucked up.

#noblesavage #doublestandard #catholiclivesmatter

That's fucking cool! Catholic church just gained some style points.

Never came across that in any catholic church, nor any bible verses that illustrate the practice.

If i had to pick between being turned to ash or being part of a wall with my clan i think is go with the wall to be honest.

That is like True Detective Season 1 with the Carcosa and Yellow King, where they take the children. Actually that is really like the catholic church.

Fuck yeah. Reminds me of being in Rome at a small hole-in-the-wall type dead bones exhibit. Of course no pics were allowed because they wanted you to buy their book of pics, but like a boss the wifey snapped some from cooch-level. All incognito and shit. I brought 'em back to our graphics guy but not sure he ever worked them into something. Or did I buy him the book of house pics out of guilt? Either way, I need to find those. Powerful shit.

Reminds me of my father's basement.

I don't get what's so offensive about artistically arranged calcium deposits

As atheist all i got to say is....thats fucking Metal!!!!!

I went to a Museum exhibit in New Mexico about the Virgin Mary. They had various arts regarding the Virgin. One thing that trip me out was the dolls with actual human scalps of the Virgin.

Christianity, for the most part, is a death cult that idolizes life after death far more so than it does the life that we are living currently. You're essentially only living this life for the next one, a "better" one or a potentially horrific one.

It should not surprise anyone that much of their art is focused around the theme of dead people. Apocalypse, the end of the world and all of mankind is the ultimate objective of Christianity.

@blackhat @Blackened
@TheGreatA
Yeah I understaned why people may think the Catholic church have a fetish for the Macabre,or that they love morbidity!

But over all I think its okay and I don't think there is anything really wrong with the art.

Just take a look at the colection of incoruptible Saints.

Good think the Catholics in general are nice people who don't condone violence this days immagine if the Muslims do the same thing with their dead and body parts of the Saints and Martyrs that will be the ultimate religion of Death.

I can't blame @colby25 and @ripskater if they think the Catolic church is Satanic.

There are even churches that claim they have the holy foreskin of Jesus!!

I actually made a thread about Catholic Relics

saint-catherine-head.jpg

Virginia_Centurione_body.jpg

tumblr_lkwd4kCS1U1qifapbo1_1280.jpg

Like what @LionExMachina said in the other thread this is like Idol worship of the most ghoulish sort.

But I think its okay I dont mind it I love the macabre too!!

I prefer the incorupt corpses than bones.. and in the end it is a good way to presserved history and will provide material for scientific research for generations to come.

Christianity, for the most part, is a death cult that idolizes life after death far more so than it does the life that we are living currently. You're essentially only living this life for the next one, a "better" one or a potentially horrific one.

It should not surprise anyone that much of their art is focused around the theme of dead people. Apocalypse, the end of the world and all of mankind is the ultimate objective of Christianity.

Yeah, in a way you are right. To follow Christ, you must die to yourself and become born again. Those who love their lives will lose it and those who lose their lives for his sake will find it. Most Christians themselves aren't willing to do this or even acknowledge that.

Back