Catholic Church Commits to the Abolition of the Death Penalty

Catholics are the only real Christians.

To be fair, Martin Luther was a Catholic priest. He was pointing out what he saw as corruption in the Church at the time. He wasn’t trying to get excommunicated or start a new religion.

Ultimately, I think the Protestant Reformation was like a divorce: there was fault on both side, and some short term good may have even come out of it. However, what the parents really should have worked harder on overcoming their differences and stayed married. This would have probably been better for everyone (as in the entire society) in the long run.

Last edited:
Ahh god, you idiot.

Your referring to the acid attack kid. The offenders were 3 Slovaks and a 2 afghan guys. I take it the crime has bene updated and they're Muslim?

I wasn't jabbing at anyone, didn't even cross my mind the guys who carried it out were Muslim, but its a recent event that was close to where I live and therefore easy to highlight as an example.

@MayhemMonkey might be biggoted againts Moslems he thinks that Acid squirting is mainly a Moslem thing.:D:rolleyes:

<TheDonald>

all these supposed pro lifers suddenly dont give a fuck about life when the death penalty is brought up

You do understand the difference between an incent baby and a murder I hope. So this argument is bull shit.

As to the OP, nothing new about this.

However fuck that, some people do shit so fucked up the only justice for the victims is to kill them.

I dunno man. It depends on what goes on in the prison, sometimes an execution is a more humane option.

all these supposed pro lifers suddenly dont give a fuck about life when the death penalty is brought up

There is kind of a big difference between the near-infinite potential of a newborn and the proven waste and degeneracy of a serial rapist/murderer/whatever.
Seems a touch disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

There is kind of a big difference between the near-infinite potential of a newborn and the proven waste and degeneracy of a serial rapist/murderer/whatever.
Seems a touch disingenuous to pretend otherwise.
life is life..... Im not a pro lifer or anti DP btw

You do understand the difference between an incent baby and a murder I hope. So this argument is bull shit.

As to the OP, nothing new about this.

However fuck that, some people do shit so fucked up the only justice for the victims is to kill them.
you do realise that life is life dont you? If you are claim to be pro life yet approve the death penalty you have no integrity. Thats my point

Im neither pro life or anti DP(depending on the crime)

I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the pro choice-ers respect the lives of murderers more than the lives they conceived on their own?
if thats what you took from my post then you have issues lol

no it means pro choice-rs can choose which position to take..... whilst pro lifers have expressed passionately about how precious life is, so you can only take one position and still have any integrity left!

if thats what you took from my post then you have issues lol

no it means pro choice-rs can choose which position to take..... whilst pro lifers have expressed passionately about how precious life is, so you can only take one position and still have any integrity left!

I don't think either dual-position makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Christians ignoring their bible?

Not surprised.

life is life.

Shew. I would have massive trouble maintaining consistency with an outlook like that.
I suspect you do too.

Either way, comparing the death penalty to abortion is not a good faith argument.

Shew. I would have massive trouble maintaining consistency with an outlook like that.
I suspect you do too.

Either way, comparing the death penalty to abortion is not a good faith argument.
Im dont support either position .... so Id be lying if I said I put great thought into this before commenting originally :D

Pope Francis has ordered a revision of the Catechism to assert “the death penalty is inadmissible because it is an attack on the inviolability and dignity of the human person.” He has committed the Church to working towards the abolition of the death penalty world wide.

http://www.catholicnews.com/service...hism-to-say-death-penalty-is-inadmissible.cfm

That is great and absolutely the right thing to do for many reasons. One of which is the fact that we mistakenly put to death innocent people... I find that impossible to accept.

The other is that many people are capable of rehabilitation and we need to give those people every option for redemption and transformation although this would also require a reformation of our prison system.

The last reason is that putting people to death is a form of vengeance that no society needs to take the mark of in their own soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back