Catholic Church Commits to the Abolition of the Death Penalty

I'm against the catholic church so I am against this. The death penalty shall stand.

It's way more efficient fiscally to just kill the really shitty people instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money to feed, shelter, take care of them etc.

Perhaps it would be an idea to put them all on a desert island and that way they'd just kill each other. And I mean a very small desert island. Or else they'd just build a country, like Australia.

It costs more money to sentence someone to death due to the lengthy appeals process through the courts.

Seems very Christ-like. No wonder evangelicals dislike him.

Catholics are the only real Christians.

Mw9lxNX.jpg

You realize that Pope Francis is from Buenos Aires, right?

It’s not like he was hatched from an egg in Vatican City and kept in a velvet pouch from birth.

Ok just lol

Good. It´s usually 3rd world shitholes like the US that have the death penalty.

Let´s not bring Asian countries with their "suicide is heroic" mantra into this

Christ what a question

My fiance is Lutheran and is always trying to get me to convert.

So I found out that Martin Luther wrote a book called "The Jews and Their Lies" and told her about that and said I'll convert now lol

did anyone ask him about Jews? just want to know where my people stand

Maybe they should worry about the countless lives they’ve ruined by covering up pedophila.

Just saying...
can you imagine reading such news?
The Catholic Church commits to cut pedophiles from their ranks, no matter how powerful or influencial they are.

We can only dream, I guess.

While sex-abuse in the church is especially hypocritical and repugnant, it is a fallacy that the Catholic Church has had higher rates of abuse than any other organization.

A kid is just as likely to be abused by a football coach, Scout Master, or (married) Protestant preacher as he or she is by a Catholic priest.

Which is NOT to mitigate the problem— just to point out the reality that sexual abuse of children is a societal problem, not just (or especially) a Church problem.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ut-clergy-sexual-abuse-in-the-catholic-church

Perhaps it would be an idea to put them all on a desert island and that way they'd just kill each other. And I mean a very small desert island. Or else they'd just build a country, like Australia.
... and get universal healthcare before the US.

Pretty sure the Catholic Church has been against the death Penalty all of my life.

I went to Catholic school and there being Pro life also meant being against the Death Penalty
I don't think this is a new position.
The Church has had a complicated relationship with the death penalty over the centuries, obviously.

In 1995 JPII wrote of the death penalty that it was allowed if it was “the only possible way of defending innocent lives from an unjust aggressor” but added that such cases were extremely rare.

So Pope Francis isn’t changing the Church’s practical teaching in the majority of specific cases, but he is moving the Church philosophically behind the full abolition of the death penalty. That’s new.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-o...olic-church-already-1533232441-htmlstory.html

Last edited:
all these supposed pro lifers suddenly dont give a fuck about life when the death penalty is brought up
Pro life is a retarded position. There's no reason to force women to have children they don't want.

But don't try to compare it with the DP. Most people do give a fuck about life, they also believe that certain cruel acts(like throwing acid in a 3 year old) warrant a punishment more serious than incarceration.

I for one would be happier if I knew a kiddie rapist would want to kill himself before he handed himself in for the crime.

Prison isn't punishment, it's just a new way of getting old. Punishment should hurt, mentally and physically.

Pro life is a retarded position. There's no reason to force women to have children they don't want.

But don't try to compare it with the DP. Most people do give a fuck about life, they also believe that certain cruel acts(like throwing acid in a 3 year old) warrant a punishment more serious than incarceration.
thats it, make sure to get your gripe about muslims in there!

Also Im not a pro lifer, but I just find it hypocritical from those that claim they are to also support the DP

thats it, make sure to get your gripe about muslims in there!

Also Im not a pro lifer, but I just find it hypocritical from those that claim they are to also support the DP

Muslims what?

Ahh god, you idiot.

Your referring to the acid attack kid. The offenders were 3 Slovaks and a 2 afghan guys. I take it the crime has bene updated and they're Muslim?

I wasn't jabbing at anyone, didn't even cross my mind the guys who carried it out were Muslim, but its a recent event that was close to where I live and therefore easy to highlight as an example.

all these supposed pro lifers suddenly dont give a fuck about life when the death penalty is brought up

I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the pro choice-ers respect the lives of murderers more than the lives they conceived on their own?

The obvious genetic fallacy with using the RCC views on the death penalty is that it's based on the view that only God should decide who should live or die -- since God is figment of their imagination, the decision making goes to qualified members of society.

Ironically enough, the Catholic church or Christianity itself wouldn't even exist if the death penalty wasn't an option.

Back