cathal pendred straight delusional

I'm not sure what else he is supposed to say. Obviously that was one of the worse decisions that I have seen in a long time. Even more atrocious is that 2 judges actually scored it 30-27. Any judge that gave Cathal the 1st round should be banned from ever judging again.

I thought he lost but with the way judges overvalue takedowns and pinning your opponent against the fence. I could see them giving him 29-28 score, but 30-27? That's a joke. Him saying he controlled the striking is also a joke

Spencer looked like the smoother faster fighter. Pendred looked slow and clumsy. 30-27 is ridiculous. However, Pendred won 2 of those rounds. ugly fight. Would have been better for Pendred in the long run if he lost. Hopefully his talk is to save face publicly but privately Kavanaugh is treating it like a loss and re-tooling this guys striking and footwork. Strong chin is only going to last so long for him.

Losing your last two fights but somehow winning the decisions will do that to a person. Check out Diego Sanchez.

I had Pendred winning the fight, wouldn't say he controlled the striking though.

lol stfu with the volume off bullcrap, like that makes you better at judging how fights went, if you're really good at analyzing who won what a biased commentator shouldn't sway you, besides with the volume off you can't hear how strong a kick or a punch connected...

I think you're underestimating the skill disparity between even a poor professional fighter and a 0-0 nobody who started training last week.

I would pick most of the decent female 135ers to knock the shit out of him, no joke.
Lol at Punk*only training since last week some of you Punk haters don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Punk has been doing BJJ for a decade and I believe has a black belt in some other art.

Lol at Punk*only training since last week some of you Punk haters don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Punk has been doing BJJ for a decade and I believe has a black belt in some other art.

i heard cm punk was an air bender

I cant wait till Cathal gets knocked out and cut by UFC and back to being a bathroom-attendant. No I wont tip for the extra cologne spray in the bathroom

I just rewatched the fight and I'm going to have to take back when I called this fight a robbery. I think I might have been Rogan'd. I'm so used to Rogan saying stupid shit nowadays and tuning him out but I think he got me anyway. Watching it the second time it was really weird to here how off base Rogan was because I didn't listen much live.

It really could have gone either way. Pendred got lit up in round 1 but Spencer's activity and accuracy in the second round were just not what I thought I saw the first time. He didn't even land anything of note in the first half of the round whereas even though Pendred was getting cut off and throwing kind of sloppy, he was landing. He did crack Pendred a few times in the second half but he also got controlled on the ground a little bit. I see it as a swing round or perhaps a draw. There really is nothing wrong with scoring that round for Pendred

Last edited:
I didn't think it was a clear win for either fighter but thought the other guy edged it... slightly. It certainly wasn't a robbery.

I do think it's clear however that Pendred needs to seriously up his game if he isn't going to get badly mauled at the upper echelons of this weight class. His striking looks horribly rudimentary and what a contrast with his buddy Connor McGregor in that regard. Connor is fluid, fast and clinical, whereas Pendred looks like he's fighting in water from very early in the fight.

It may well be a natural athleticism issue and from the way he kicks I would guess Pendred was never a natural footballer or GAA player, but the technique has to be improvable. He's got a nice physique but he needs more focus on precision and technique to get anywhere in the UFC.

I think you're underestimating the skill disparity between even a poor professional fighter and a 0-0 nobody who started training last week.

I would pick most of the decent female 135ers to knock the shit out of him, no joke.

I think you're underestimating the disparity between a 140lb. woman to a 190lb. (200?) man with similar physical conditions. I doubt skill is enough to overcome that.

I think you're underestimating the disparity between a 140lb. woman to a 190lb. (200?) man with similar physical conditions. I doubt skill is enough to overcome that.

HA! Youre the only person I've ever seen here giving a shout to the Runnin' Rebels.

Nicccccce!

I just rewatched the fight and I'm going to have to take back when I called this fight a robbery. I think I might have been Rogan'd. I'm so used to Rogan saying stupid shit nowadays and tuning him out but I think he got me anyway. Watching it the second time it was really weird to here how off base Rogan was because I didn't listen much live.

It really could have gone either way. Pendred got lit up in round 1 but Spencer's activity and accuracy in the second round were just not what I thought I saw the first time. He didn't even land anything of note in the first half of the round whereas even though Pendred was getting cut off and throwing kind of sloppy, he was landing. He did crack Pendred a few times in the second half but he also got controlled on the ground a little bit. I see it as a swing round or perhaps a draw. There really is nothing wrong with scoring that round for Pendred

Respect. I admit I was only half watching and listening to Rogan I thought 30-27 Spencer.

Rewatched and thought it was a clear 29-28 Pendred.

I understand how they could score the fight for him, but it was close and it could easily have been scored the other way (I did). Spencer was much more effective in terms of dealing damage. Cathal was busier at times and went for control.

Back