Cathal Pendred: I thought I won the [Spencer] fight very clearly -- I dominated!

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Cathal Pendred vs. Sean Spencer decision was highly controversial, with many fans labeling the outcome as a "robbery." But Pendred sees things differently. When he was asked by the press whether he thought he won the fight, this is what he had to say (in part):

"I thought I won the fight very clearly. I dominated the majority of the fight in both the grappling and the striking.

"[I won because of] the constant pressure, and I landed more shots and had more takedowns -- I think it was a clear win!"

So, do you think that Pendred actually believes that he won the fight? Or are his comments insincere?

Your thoughts?

714.gif

"I thought I won the fight very clearly. I dominated the majority of the fight in both the grappling and the striking.

"[I won because of] the constant pressure, and I landed more shots and had more takedowns -- I think it was a clear win!"

Cool story, bro

His uppercut is giving Lawler nightmares.

He isn't going to make waves in the division. He seems to have a low talent ceiling BUT

It was closer than you guys think. Spencer hardly did anything.

Most people had it 30-27 Spencer, so it was not a clear dominating win by Pendred at all. He's drinking his own kool-aid if he thinks it was domination

Spencer is clearly the better fighter of the two of them but I could see Pendred sneaking a round or two with his TDs and the fact he actually outlanded Spencer in 2&3 IIRC.

I've seen him get a lot of people bashing him for thinking he won the fight but I'd just like to say in any dealing I've had with him he's been nothing but polite and humble.

Delusional
30-27 Spencer is what 9/10 sites had it

I can Lawler quivering from those beautiful uppercuts Cathal threw.

The Cathal Pendred vs. Sean Spencer decision was highly controversial, with many fans labeling the outcome as a "robbery." But Pendred sees things differently. When he was asked by the press whether he thought he won the fight, this is what he had to say (in part):

So, do you think that Pendred actually believes that he won the fight? Or are his comments insincere?

Your thoughts?

Think the ufc should start concussion tests in between rds

They should make pendred vs e silva, someone tweet DFW and make it happen

I thought pendred won 2-1 and I was so frustrated listening to rogan because I thought we were watching 2 different fights. Beside 3 or 4 shots landed by spencer I thought Pendred did enough and also thought spencer didn't do much . Rogan's commentating would have you believe that spencer nearly murdered Cathal . Fuck it the judges got the right decision.

Spencer must have rocked him even worse than I thought if he really thinks he won that fight let alone in dominating fashion. The dude went full Sanchez.

Back