Cat "sour grapes" Zingano

Lol and when did I say this?
I don't even remember. Maybe I quoted you on accident. Someone in this post compared what happened to throwing an illegal knee, kick, or accidentally doing an illegal strike. My bad if that wasn't you.

A toe to the eye isn't illegal. She has no grounds for an appeal.
If that's true that's absurd. Gordeau intentionally gouged Nakai with a toe (Gordeau admitted he did it on purpose) and caused him to be blind in that eye. no finger gouge in MMA has done that as far as I know.

Cat Zingano is the only fighter I can ever remember crying on the walk to the ring. Really creepy to watch.

She must be a single mother with a story to tell.

If someone is obviously trying to stab someone in the face with their toe nowadays, I'm sure there would be complaints from the other fighter or ref. Or at least there should be. People would notice eventually.

so Gordeau intentionally blinding his opponent was totally fine? Good to know

By the way the official rule is eye gouging of any kind.

I was unaware of this Gordeau incident so I have been Googling it. All I'm seeing is that the gouge was done with a thumb.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/9/Sherdogs-Top-10-Dirtiest-Deeds-90817

"Some two years later, Gordeau fought Nakai in the first round of the Vale Tudo Japan 1995 tournament; and it got ugly. Nakai buried his face in Gordeau’s chest, as the two men clinched along the ropes. Not much appeared to be happening. After some time, the Dutchman jammed his left thumb into Nakai’s right eye, leaving it badly damaged. "

I was unaware of this Gordeau incident so I have been Googling it. All I'm seeing is that the gouge was done with a thumb.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/9/Sherdogs-Top-10-Dirtiest-Deeds-90817

"Some two years later, Gordeau fought Nakai in the first round of the Vale Tudo Japan 1995 tournament; and it got ugly. Nakai buried his face in Gordeau’s chest, as the two men clinched along the ropes. Not much appeared to be happening. After some time, the Dutchman jammed his left thumb into Nakai’s right eye, leaving it badly damaged. "

Yuki-Nakai-eye-after-Gerard-Gordeau-fight.jpg

it's a toe. watch the fight. that's why people argued it wasn't intentional until he admitted he did it on purpose.

I'm sure she's been told that the strike was legal, and that there's nothing she can do about it.

Seems the appeal is to garner attention and to keep her in the headlines and perhaps prevent the UFC from firing her from now since she is 1-4 in her last 5 fights.

Not sure you understand what “sour grapes” means, buddeh

Cat “when in Rome” Zigano

Yep, what a dumbass. Just take your loss, ask for an instant rematch and prove everyone wrong with a victory. Crying to the commission when you got stopped by a fluky yet legal strike is not the way you win any fans over.

Anderson didn't commit an illegal strike, but I could see why a toe to the eye should be a no contest, just an accident that is very rare. Like others have said, an accidental kick to the groin can result in a no contest, so why a toe to the eye should count as a tko?

That being said, I think Anderson would win a rematch, and Cat shouldn't be fighting anymore Imo.

It was unfortunate and a freak occurance so justifies a rematch which Megan had already agreed to but nothing illegal and certainly no grounds to appeal.
It's makes no fucking sense to call that a win for Anderson. TKO via freak accidental eyeball gouging? Give me a fucking break.

Yep, what a dumbass. Just take your loss, ask for an instant rematch and prove everyone wrong with a victory. Crying to the commission when you got stopped by a fluky yet legal strike is not the way you win any fans over.
If a male fighter got kicked (unintentionally) in the balls so hard it tore his sack would you be OK with a NC then? Because this is essentially the same.

If a male fighter got kicked (unintentionally) in the balls so hard it tore his sack would you be OK with a NC then? Because this is essentially the same.
Kicks to the groin, intentional or not, are illegal. Kicks to the head, including the eyeball are perfectly legal.

When Royce Gracie kneed Ken Shamrock in the nuts in their bellator trilogy fight, it was arguably just as egregious. He had no luck getting that loss overturned. Theres pretty much no way they'll do that in this case, but what a dick move if they only paid her show money.

She literally is.

She seems like the type that's seen a few up close, too. Not saying I wouldn't, cuz hey, I've hit FAR worse, but when you mix in CTE with an already unbalanced female... well, let's just say you'd better be sleeping on your stomach if you're gonna share living space with her.

Back