Cat "sour grapes" Zingano

It was unfortunate and a freak occurance so justifies a rematch which Megan had already agreed to but nothing illegal and certainly no grounds to appeal.

She did not intentionally poke her toe in the eye genius... She threw a kick and toe landed in eye by chance.. suck it up and ask for a rematch
Accidental eye pokes that end the fight are a no contest genius.

Maybe. But a fighter simply cannot be expected to control their toes like they can their fingers. Big John wrote the rules and he was very clear about it.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...hn-mccarthy-tko-womens-featherweight-mma-news

That does make sense. But I wouldn’t put it past fighters to see the outcome of this fight and start actually trying to land kicks with toes aimed at the eyes. Maybe that’s a long shot, but certainly a possibility.

I like Cat, but I dont see a reason to overturn it. She was just on the wrong end of a kick. I'd rather have her ask for an immediate rematch.

Its crazy fingers are illegal to the eye what if a elbow or any other body part hits u in the eye? Ban all face strikes or put kareem abdul jabbar goggles on for fights... This is absurd gettin hit in the eye

How about sour melons instead?

wKmWCyj.gif

Give her the rematch if she can still fight. She at least deserves that

The fact that she's disputing this is laughable. Maybe fighters wrongfully lost and tried to get it overturned to no avail. She got struck with a legal strike and actually thinks this will go her way? I don't see what she is planning with this. No one looks at that fight and thinks that Anderson is the better fighter based on that kick. Maybe for the money? Not sure how it works but I would assume she has to spend some kind of cash to overrule the call which she knows isn't going to go her way.

Accept the rematch and prove you're the better fighter. The UFC likely wants to rebook the fight stop wasting time.
Is it legal to throw a punch with your thumb hanging out and jab into the opponents eye? No. The same should apply to kicks. Fight should be a no contest. You're a fucking retard if you don't think so.

A finger in the eye is illegal, so it can result in a DQ or NC.

That's my point... a finger in the eye is illegal, but I believe (as you agreed), it can result in a NC if it is unintentional.

The proposal is that a toe in the eye MAYBE, could end in a NC as well. Again, not saying I necessarily agree with it because yes, I am aware that a foot is different than a hand. But that's what people are proposing, that toe in eye is unintentional and MAYBE can be treated like a finger in eye.

Yeah, Megan beats her regardless at this point in her career. Cat who beat Nunes could take Megan down and beat her worse than Holly did. Cat at this point is a shell of what she used to be. But I still dont understand how it is poor sportsmanship. It was straight to the eye. I just don't get how everyone thinks that's fine lol. And I used to compete in MMA, I would be salty too if I go finished with a kick to the eye. How is this any different than a freak accidental kick straight to the nuts?

Then again this is the same sport that screams back of the head shots are illegal but will let guys finish each other with very clear back to the head shots.
Your comparisons are highly flawed. This situation is similar to a kick wrapping around and hitting the back of the head except her argument is much less legitimate. Do you want people to curl their toes and walk around club footed then throw kicks?

Is it legal to throw a punch with your thumb hanging out and jab into the opponents eye? No. The same should apply to kicks. Fight should be a no contest. You're a fucking retard if you don't think so.
You're in the minority buddy

Your comparisons are highly flawed. This situation is similar to a kick wrapping around and hitting the back of the head except her argument is much less legitimate. Do you want people to curl their toes and walk around club footed then throw kicks?
No. I stated earlier that Megan did nothing wrong. But, the impact was still an eye poke. How is it different than throwing a leg kick or knee and missing and hitting the cup? Cat won't win because there have been far worse situations we have seen and people have been screwed from. But It is still a freak accident caught very clearly on video. She has an argument for a NC, but likely won't get it.

No. I stated earlier that Megan did nothing wrong. But, the impact was still an eye poke. How is it different than throwing a leg kick or knee and missing and hitting the cup? Cat won't win because there have been far worse situations we have seen and people have been screwed from. But It is still a freak accident caught very clearly on video. She has an argument for a NC, but likely won't get it.
Because what you stated is throwing a reckless strike and lacking accuracy. Human error. Anderson threw a legit kick with technique and Cat evaded which caused the poke. She's being a baby about all this.

Yeah no one knows what sour grapes means anymore.

Sour grapes means denigrating something you wanted but were denied to act like you don't care.

Like if you wanted grapes, and someone told you no, so you say "well the grapes are sour anyway".
It is the origin of the phrase that is important, we lose that more each generation.

Good post.

I agree tha Anderson did nothing wrong. It's more the freak incident that occurred. It was an eye poke in the end. How is it any different than accidentally low blowing someone?

Are we sure the toe is an eye poke? I think it's possible to compare a toe to the eye due to head kick with a knuckle in the eye due to a punch. Would you argue that a knuckle to the eye is an eye poke?

I really don't see what the big deal is. She's going to lose the appeal, we all know that. Who really cares if she tries though. Some of you act way more outraged that the situation demands. I mean, a simple shrug and "that's silly" is about all this should illicit from most well adjusted people

Are we sure the toe is an eye poke? I think it's possible to compare a toe to the eye due to head kick with a knuckle in the eye due to a punch. Would you argue that a knuckle to the eye is an eye poke?
Yeah I mean maybe in some crazy turn of events they'll decide to change it to a no contest. To my knowledge this is the first time this has ever happened before

Back