Cat could have been the first to expose Ronda

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If she didnt had that stupid gameplan.

She is more athletic and more well rounded than Ronda, but unfortunately she played straight into RR strength.

Why Cat Why , it could have been you !

Yeah that flying knee right off the bat was straight up reckless and an amateur move on her part to play right into Ronda's game.

Zingano is better than that.

isn't cat known for always charging in at the start of the first round?

I don't think she would've been.

Ronda played right into Nunes' strengths. It couldn't have turned out any better.

MMA math doesn't always work.

Cat doesn't have that kind of speed, power or crisp striking. She wins a lot through grit, determination and at close quarters. Ronda beats her every time.

It's the athletic, quick strikers that beat Ronda, because she has beginner level striking defence and only clinch takedowns.

LOL - no, she had her chance and this happened

ufc-gif-o.gif

I don't think she would've been.

Ronda played right into Nunes' strengths. It couldn't have turned out any better.

???

Ronda came in looking for the clinch entry as she's always done. What did you want her to do with that shitty standup of hers? ..hang back and 'be patient'? She has zero defense, can't see punches coming.

???

Ronda came in looking for the clinch entry as she's always done. What did you want her to do with that shitty standup of hers? ..hang back and 'be patient'? She has zero defense, can't see punches coming.

It wasn't the same. She was a lot more defensive and gun shy. You could see her try to box and even attempt a front kick.

As talented as Nunes is, she doesn't pretend to be a defensive wizard like Holm. I think Rousey could've done a lot better than that.

Yeah, and Cat was probably the only one i was rooting for again Ronda.

As talented as Nunes is, she doesn't pretend to be a defensive wizard like Holm. I think Rousey could've done a lot better than that.

She is not and she isn't even that good. But she caught Ronda in the face while she was charging and that was her (only) win condition. So good for her,.

Too bad Cat is a mental basket case.

It wasn't the same. She was a lot more defensive and gun shy. You could see her try to box and even attempt a front kick.

Ok I see what you're saying. I don't know if that would have made a difference. Nunes is not the same fighter she was when she first signed. She knows how to pull back and keep the opponent at the end of her punches.

Ronda's leaky defense and lack of composure is a problem when implementing any strategy.

Back