Casually dressed Hulkster beats up Billy kidman

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Kidman looks like a midget next to Hulk in runners, never even knew these two mixed it up lmao

That version of Kidman was a great wrestler. Very entertaining watching him sell for Hulk.

He had some great matches against Tajiri in WWE but got kind of blown up from roids in comparison and his ring work was not as impressive

Kidman was entertaining as a chicken shit heel, no doubt. However he was undersized. I never understood why wcw didn't give him a bodyguard like the wall or tank. Would have got him more heat and made his feud with Hogan more believable.

Only thing of note Billy Kidman ever did was Torrie Wilson.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I actually liked Hogan's Streetfight look gimmick he was rocking at the time.

WAR Casually Dressed Hogan!!!
JDm4dPdP7O-CHhYDqrGYVpAbLNfroGQFD-aX5sXg37c.jpg

I remember that Kidman run like it was yesterday, I think he won 1 random Nitro match with help and got the Hogan beatdown for the rest of the matches.

Off topic a bit but around the same the same time WCW had some talented young teams going, Natural Born Thrillers were fun to watch, O'Haire was badass.

That version of Kidman was a great wrestler. Very entertaining watching him sell for Hulk.

He had some great matches against Tajiri in WWE but got kind of blown up from roids in comparison and his ring work was not as impressive
I loved his work before he got roided up. The long hair and the street clothes he wrestled in really worked.

Kidman looks like a midget next to Hulk in runners, never even knew these two mixed it up lmao

This angle pissed me off so much, because the promise of this era of WCW was that the top workers--like Kidman--who had been held back for so long were finally going to have a shot at the top. And this was one of the first signs that maybe it wasn't going to live up to its promise and that in fact, it was very possibly just going to be more of the same guys getting put over and pushed.

This angle pissed me off so much, because the promise of this era of WCW was that the top workers--like Kidman--who had been held back for so long were finally going to have a shot at the top. And this was one of the first signs that maybe it wasn't going to live up to its promise and that in fact, it was very possibly just going to be more of the same guys getting put over and pushed.
To be fair, and I'm not s Russo guy but he didn't lie. By August that year, new blood rising featured majority new blood talent and the established stars were gone:
Hogan,Savage, ddp, flair,funk, Luger,hall and Hennig. That was basically wcws upper their stars. Guys like Jarrett,Scott Steiner,Booker t,Lance storm,vampiro and Shane Douglas we're featured more in their place. If WCW had competent booking it could have been successful.

Kidman was entertaining as a chicken shit heel, no doubt. However he was undersized. I never understood why wcw didn't give him a bodyguard like the wall or tank. Would have got him more heat and made his feud with Hogan more believable.

If you ask Disco Inferno and Russo, they think this is good shit

To be fair, and I'm not s Russo guy but he didn't lie. By August that year, new blood rising featured majority new blood talent and the established stars were gone:
Hogan,Savage, ddp, flair,funk, Luger,hall and Hennig. That was basically wcws upper their stars. Guys like Jarrett,Scott Steiner,Booker t,Lance storm,vampiro and Shane Douglas we're featured more in their place. If WCW had competent booking it could have been successful.
Well, a major issue with Russo was that he ultimately couldn't defeat the political power that Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg and Flair had. You do make a good point though--in Russo's second run, especially, he did indeed finally let the workers get a push. Lance Storm's takeover of every single WCW title was absolutely awesome. Anyone who missed his climactic match with reigning champion Booker T on live TV, with every promotional belt and national pride on the line really cheated themselves. Still, I wasn't tuning in to see Hulk Hogan beat down Kidman, which ultimately was just a rehash of what I'd been force-fed since the 80's. There were parts of Russo's run that I LOVED, but this wasn't one of them.

Back