Casual fans and Connor McGOAT

I don't understand Sherdog when it comes to McGregor. People either hardcore ride his schlong, or act like he belongs in WSOF. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

every single one of them were like damn, I want to see that guy fight again.

Anyway, moral of the story is love him or hate him, McGoat moves the needle and can attract the most casual of fans. Fighters like him come around once in a great while. All you haters need to appreciate the attention he brings to the sport.

They gonna spend $50 to see him fight though? Probably not.

So funny story...I went over to my in-laws on Sunday and they were watching some random show and I told them to turn it to Fox Sports for the fight. The fights came on and pretty much everyone in the house, both brother in laws, father in law etc tuned out and were either on their phone or talking to each other.

We started it from the end of the Hall fight. No one paid any attention to the Cerrone v Henderson fight except for me and I kept trying to get them into it by saying Smooth is a former world champ and they fought twice before blah blah blah. Still no interest.

Then the main event starts and Conner comes out all cocky and working the crowd, all of a sudden they are like who is this little arrogant guy why is he so cocky? As he does he crazy bending and flexing in the cage, I noticed pretty much everyone was off their cell apps and tuned in to the fight. A couple of them were talking shit like this guy is going to get his ass kicked. Then the fight started and literally with every move, everyone in the house was commenting. Keep in mind, none of them have any interest in UFC. After round 1, they were like "damn, this little fucker is good". Then when he won the fight and did the jumping out of the cage shenanigans, it peaked their interest even more and every single one of them were like damn, I want to see that guy fight again.

Anyway, moral of the story is love him or hate him, McGoat moves the needle and can attract the most casual of fans. Fighters like him come around once in a great while. All you haters need to appreciate the attention he brings to the sport.

Did they know he was a 10-1 favorite?

I don't understand Sherdog when it comes to McGregor. People either hardcore ride his schlong, or act like he belongs in WSOF. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.
There's a middle ground, it's just that most of those people look like they hate him cause they're not riding his dick. And they're just trying to stop the dick riders from being so fucking annoying.

I like him as a fighter. I don't agree with all his antics, but hey, who cares? I think he's a top 5 FW. I don't think he beats the top guys and he's way hyped up. He's not as good as he's being hyped up to be. And he's definitely protected.

So just me stating that means that to the nuthuggers, I hate him and think he needs to be in WSOF. In reality, I'm in the middle.

Back