Movies Cary Grant's Birthday is today

Highway99

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Perhaps the greatest movie star of all time was born on this day in 1904:

Age 28:
MV5BZWQwZTE0YmMtMjVkMi00MTM0LThjYjItMDM3YjkzZTVkYzhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Age 55:
cary-grant-1959-everett.jpg

Age 80:
3e0bbf0a907ec49527d35b452bc0d236.jpg

He looked good at 28, I need to start smoking or something.

Drinking and smoking was a lot classier in those days.

Classier yet no less devastating to one's health...

Grant was a cool dude and a legitimately solid actor. Interesting fact about him, he walked away from the film industry in the 1960s- when his only child was born- and never looked back. Pretty crazy considering he lived another twenty years and likely could have had his pick of great directors and interesting films to work with on his own terms during that period.

It's almost akin to how Hackman and Connery called it a career even though they were still in demand.

Classier yet no less devastating to one's health...

Grant was a cool dude and a legitimately solid actor. Interesting fact about him, he walked away from the film industry in the 1960s- when his only child was born- and never looked back. Pretty crazy considering he lived another twenty years and likely could have had his pick of great directors and interesting films to work with on his own terms during that period.

It's almost akin to how Hackman and Connery called it a career even though they were still in demand.
Rumor has it he actually walked away from acting because his chin became incontinent.

It's almost akin to how Hackman and Connery called it a career even though they were still in demand

I know he's slapping himself for turning down LOTR. They offered him a percentage which would have made him over half a billion for 3 movies.

James Stewart is my mancrush from that era no homo. But Grant was a stud too for sure

Stewart = absolute legend. How could anyone not like that dude?

Reactions: Zer
Back