Carpal Tunnell/Tennis Elbow- Help

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by cooks1, Oct 28, 2010.

1. cooks1

cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

I have started to spend a massive amount of time on the computer at work, and have developed some tennis elbow and carpal tunnell. Not insanely painful day to day, but it gets annoying in the gym.

Any exercises or stretches i can do to alleviate this?

Any other suggestions?

2. Justice 4 All

Justice 4 All Brown Belt

I know a few people diagnosed with carpal, and they've been told by the doctor that they need wrist splints. If it's serious, they needed surgery, or steroid injections.

See a doctor. I have a feeling you've simply self diagnosed.

3. Dogmeat

Dogmeat Blue Belt

I can only speak from my own experience, but I spend 8 hours a day on a computer and have a very weak, painful wrist. It got so bad that I couldn't throw a right hook.

I never got it checked out, but I got a light gripper that I squeeze throughout the day. Not a hardcore COC gripper, just a cheap little one that allows me to flex the hand and keep my wrist 'loose'.

It's not fixed the problem, but it certainly got it down to a level that I can train with now.

4. Old Man

Old Man Black Belt

I wear a wrist splint when I work and it makes a huge difference.

Also, doing some forearm work helps. Levering, wrist curls, plate pinch, grippers, etc.

5. eastNYgoon138

eastNYgoon138 Green Belt

Rubber band extensor work. Wrap a rubber band around your finger and extend, over and over and over