Carnal and the deleted sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rjkd12 said:
I dunno, why not start a thread on it?

There was something about that before, after someone posted a movie of Benedikt deadlifting.

And your points in your last post are valid and I by no means think that we shouldn't be "policing" the forums ourselves. However, it seems that as of late such discussions fall on deaf ears. Beyond that, most of the people actually somewhat qualified to discuss such things either were chased off or seemingly got tired of this forum.

i seriously can't believe that there are four fucken pages discussing some impatient fucken guy saying he's not coming back to some fucken internet forum. if you are that upset about it you are a sorry sack. try going outside of your computer room once in a while. there are millions of people who are big, strong, fit, and know a lot about lifting. there are probably a bunch at your local gym. don't be afraid to talk to someone in person. hell i bet if you ask a question you won't even get called a dumb, weak, stupid :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like you would here. i'll admit taht you can pick up some decent stuff on this forums but for fuck's sake come on. carnal is not the know-all end-all of lifting. and if you're that hurt by his departing then you probably have no friends. OMG.

STOMP said:
i seriously can't believe that there are four fucken pages discussing some impatient fucken guy saying he's not coming back to some fucken internet forum. if you are that upset about it you are a sorry sack. try going outside of your computer room once in a while. there are millions of people who are big, strong, fit, and know a lot about lifting. there are probably a bunch at your local gym. don't be afraid to talk to someone in person. hell i bet if you ask a question you won't even get called a dumb, weak, stupid :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like you would here. i'll admit taht you can pick up some decent stuff on this forums but for fuck's sake come on. carnal is not the know-all end-all of lifting. and if you're that hurt by his departing then you probably have no friends. OMG.

will you be my friend ?

STOMP said:
Shut up! You are coming off as a complete idiot. Carnal was here for years, got it, years, and he gave freely of his time to help others. Just because you are weak, don't go around assuming others here are. Although somebody squating the bar with some dimes on it might seem powerful to you, to alot of the guys here it doesn't. I consider myself fairly strong. I can squat and dead almost 500 and bench well over 300. Not many other guys at my gym could lift that kind of weight. See the point...... Alot of guys here can lift more than that and have the know how to get there where as most guys at my gym don't know what a deadlift is and have no idea what proper squat form looks like. Now, go ask your mommy for you valium and go to bed.

STOMP said:
here are millions of people who are big, strong, fit, and know a lot about lifting. there are probably a bunch at your local gym.

no.

in fact im the strongest person at my gym. which is fucking sad. cause im a pussy.

fact is, i sent carnal a handul of PM's with questions and he was always happy to give me prompt sound advice. he was a great asset to the board, as have been a lot of members here who have left.

rickdog said:
Shut up! You are coming off as a complete idiot. Carnal was here for years, got it, years, and he gave freely of his time to help others. Just because you are weak, don't go around assuming others here are. Although somebody squating the bar with some dimes on it might seem powerful to you, to alot of the guys here it doesn't. I consider myself fairly strong. I can squat and dead almost 500 and bench well over 300. Not many other guys at my gym could lift that kind of weight. See the point...... Alot of guys here can lift more than that and have the know how to get there where as most guys at my gym don't know what a deadlift is and have no idea what proper squat form looks like. Now, go ask your mommy for you valium and go to bed.

hahaha. okay if you want to throw numbers out since you are assuming i'm weak. i've had

420lb bench
520x3 squat
600lb dead
320 lb power clean (no straps)
225lb snatch
1 arm db snatch 120x8
i'm 6'2" 274lbs at about 17% bf and i guarantee there are at least two guys stronger than me in my gym.

so fuck you. my point was that the hero worship was out of control. i admit that carnal knew his shit and probably helped a lot of people but this isn't the only place to learn about strength and power. the problem is that most of the guys on this board think that carnal was the only one who knew shit about lifting and if you hugged his nuts then you are automatically an expert too. trust there are plenty of things you can learn away from here and if you think there isn't anyone you can learn from at your own gym then you're probably the same guy who wears a tank top and zubaz pants at every work out. everybody who is throwing a fit about my original post can fuck off.

STOMP said:
hahaha. okay if you want to throw numbers out since you are assuming i'm weak. i've had

420lb bench
520x3 squat
600lb dead
320 lb power clean (no straps)
225lb snatch
1 arm db snatch 120x8
i'm 6'2" 274lbs at about 17% bf and i guarantee there are at least two guys stronger than me in my gym.

so fuck you. my point was that the hero worship was out of control. i admit that carnal knew his shit and probably helped a lot of people but this isn't the only place to learn about strength and power. the problem is that most of the guys on this board think that carnal was the only one who knew shit about lifting and if you hugged his nuts then you are automatically an expert too. trust there are plenty of things you can learn away from here and if you think there isn't anyone you can learn from at your own gym then you're probably the same guy who wears a tank top and zubaz pants at every work out. everybody who is throwing a fit about my original post can fuck off.

Carnal helped many here, freely and copiously, and that's why he gained the status he did.

If you revile us all so, why do you post here? You sound terribly jealous to me.

Madmick said:
Carnal helped many here, freely and copiously, and that's why he gained the status he did.

If you revile us all so, why do you post here? You sound terribly jealous to me.

Very True Madmick. I don't understand all his hate either.

Stomp, i wasn't throwing out numbers to act like im the best here, exactly the opposite, and that's why I love this place. I don't want to walk around where im the strongest (like my gym). I want a place to get sound advice from those stronger.

Maybe, if you get over yourself and start putting in some time and give advice as freely, people will respect you as well. Until then, why don't you take your whining and bitching somewhere else.

I think the problem is that the S&P forum is so close-minded. My main goal is all around athleticism with emphasis on S&P. But I have other things to concentrate on such as conditioning, flexibility, nutrition, and sometimes to control my weight, bodybuilding. I don't post a lot because i don't want to be flamed by the so-called experts. S&P is specific to each person and I don't think it should be limited to powerlifting because everyone has different goals but still want to be strong.

Most of the info on this forum is helpful, but there is too much whining. I read more posts about people thinking it's right to smoke dope than I do about noobs asking dumb questions.

CH1LL said:
I think the problem is that the S&P forum is so close-minded. My main goal is all around athleticism with emphasis on S&P. But I have other things to concentrate on such as conditioning, flexibility, nutrition, and sometimes to control my weight, bodybuilding. I don't post a lot because i don't want to be flamed by the so-called experts. S&P is specific to each person and I don't think it should be limited to powerlifting because everyone has different goals but still want to be strong.

Most of the info on this forum is helpful, but there is too much whining. I read more posts about people thinking it's right to smoke dope than I do about noobs asking dumb questions.
You make some good points, so I don't see why the alt was necessary.

Stomp, are you a fighter/martial artist? What's your weight training regimen? Are you on vitamin S? Those are damn good numbers so I hope you will give your advice and opinions as freely as Carnal.

CH1LL said:

Thats why sherdog has the Conditioning Forum, and the Diet/Supplement forum. People SHOULD come here to get strong, thats it. Thats the point of the forum. Thats what we talk about.

People who assume everyone is pushing powerlifting here need to keep reading. Lifting heavy weights does not equal power lifting.

gruesome said:
Thats why sherdog has the Conditioning Forum, and the Diet/Supplement forum. People SHOULD come here to get strong, thats it. Thats the point of the forum. Thats what we talk about.

People who assume everyone is pushing powerlifting here need to keep reading. Lifting heavy weights does not equal power lifting.

Basically what I was going to write. This is Strength And Power. Toning, conditioning, and ect don't really belong here. This is where you come to learn how to get strength period.

You know what? Nothing burns me more when people say things like "So called experts". Last time I checked, no one in here is even close to claiming to be an expert (Aside from people like James Smith or Coach D and even they weren't beyond discussing and learning). I have yet to see any one come close to saying those words. I'll admit some people, including me, act like ball bags at times though.

Espo said:
Stomp, are you a fighter/martial artist? What's your weight training regimen? Are you on vitamin S? Those are damn good numbers so I hope you will give your advice and opinions as freely as Carnal.

I apologize to everyone if i came off as hostile. that was not my intention. i admit that i read a lot of carnal's stuff and he knew what he was talking about, i was never trying to argue that. i guess what upsets me is that someone new would come on this board and try to give advice and would get rude comments and everyone acts like they don't know shit. all i'm trying to say is that it's cool that carnal tried to help people but he's not the only place where someone can get good info. and i think he could have went about it in a different way. i realize i said some things that didn't need to be said and i really do apologize for that. ESPO to answer your question i was a D1 linebacker, i played arena ball for a year and decided that wasn't really my game. i have been an MMA fan since the early days of the UFC which is what brought me to these boards in the first place. i have been boxing since i was in high school and i have been taking BJJ/Sambo and muay thai classes for about four months now. i would like to compete in some MMA events someday but for now i'm just enjoying learning. i have never used but i'm not opposed to the idea, i just want to squeeze out every drop of natural strenght i have first. my numbers are decent but need to get much better especially bench for my size. right now i'm lifting three days a week. i do a wave program that combines all three of the major rep ranges in a week (3-5 strenght, 8-12 hypertrophy, 15-20 endurance). i would be happy to be helpful in any way i can. again i was wrong for some fo the things i said and i apologize if i came off as a dickhead.

i never said anyone claimed to be an expert. the reason i come here is because this is the best place to learn about strength training and i've based all of my lifting off of things i've read here and will continue to do so.

CH1LL said:
I don't post a lot because i don't want to be flamed by the so-called experts.

I stand corrected? It's possible that my reading comprehension failed me this time. I'm not exactly the sharpest bulb in the shed.

just because someone has been praised as an expert doesn't mean they have claimed it themselves.

CH1LL said:
just because someone has been praised as an expert doesn't mean they have claimed it themselves.

Again chief, the only people I can think of that could be considered "Held high" status here are Urban, Entropy, and Carnal. No one has ever claimed they are experts. This is the exact reason why I get tired of people saying things like that. The only people I can think of that were considered close to experts were James Smith, Coach D, and to some extent Jarfi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back