Carlos Takam vs Jerry Forrest July 9th Espn Top Rank

Let’s see if Takam was really training for Rivas

I would pick Carlos Takam by UD.

Carlos is a good technician, ring experienced and strong defense.

Only small little 2 fears I have :

- he said in a french interview for RMC that he likes to fight bigger and taller opponent because he got used most of the time, what about a fighter of his size like Forrest ?

- Carlos is getting very old (almost 40) and haven't been in a really competitive fight for 2 years.

It will be interesting to see if Forrest shows up to win or if he's just going to go through the motions in opponent-mode against Takam. I saw his fight against Franklin & he gave a good account of himself in dropping a close decision. But it was a pretty dull affair as I recall so I'm not expecting a barnburner Thursday night.

I'm actually more interested in seeing the young prospect Jared Anderson again. He'll be in there with Hector Perez the Puertorican heavyweight who also fought in The Bubble a couple of weeks ago. So, it's good to see that Top Rank is keeping these young heavyweights busy. It's an excellent way to have them develop as fighters & for them to build a following so that later on when they're ready to headline cards they'll have built-in fan bases.

Forrest could win a SD ,I think it’ll be one of these fights . If he can’t get by Takam here he’s not going anywhere after . Under different circumstances and maybe if they lined up at different time Takam easily wins ,right now ? I’m not so sure ,I’d give Forrest a very good chance here . Training for what he thought was a guy cheating bf he was caught in Miller should have him ready for a guy who’s taken some batterings ,Povetkin, AJ, Chisora , Takam at 40 or whatever just cannot be the same ever ...THIS is where age will be a major factor unless Forrest is that limited and is on a Franklin level which is below Takam .

Forrest could win a SD ,I think it’ll be one of these fights . If he can’t get by Takam here he’s not going anywhere after . Under different circumstances and maybe if they lined up at different time Takam easily wins ,right now ? I’m not so sure ,I’d give Forrest a very good chance here . Training for what he thought was a guy cheating bf he was caught in Miller should have him ready for a guy who’s taken some batterings ,Povetkin, AJ, Chisora , Takam at 40 or whatever just cannot be the same ever ...THIS is where age will be a major factor unless Forrest is that limited and is on a Franklin level which is below Takam .

Good points. If Forrest is ever going to do anything it's Thursday night. If he loses to Takam he'll likely be relegated to journeyman status for the rest of his career.

What happened? Somebody done got the 'rona?
I'm not effective at or a member of facebook, twitter or any of that.

Edit to add, I clicked it and had to go to fat dan's facebook and say "not now" to signing up, but saw:
Dan Rafael
3 hrs ·
Heavyweight prospect Jared Anderson (4-0, 4 KOs), 20, of Toledo, Ohio, was supposed to fight Puerto Rico native Hector Perez (7-2, 3 KOs), 29, in a four-round bout on Thursday night on the Top Rank Boxing on ESPN card in Las Vegas. However, the fight was canceled at the weigh-in on Wednesday because Perez had a medical issue (not related to the coronavirus) and was forced to withdraw. Top Rank said it plans to reschedule Anderson on its July 21 card, ideally against Perez if his medical issue is cleared.

It will be interesting to see if Forrest shows up to win or if he's just going to go through the motions in opponent-mode against Takam. I saw his fight against Franklin & he gave a good account of himself in dropping a close decision. But it was a pretty dull affair as I recall so I'm not expecting a barnburner Thursday night.

I'm actually more interested in seeing the young prospect Jared Anderson again. He'll be in there with Hector Perez the Puertorican heavyweight who also fought in The Bubble a couple of weeks ago. So, it's good to see that Top Rank is keeping these young heavyweights busy. It's an excellent way to have them develop as fighters & for them to build a following so that later on when they're ready to headline cards they'll have built-in fan bases.
I think it’s being reported Anderson is not fighting due to his opponents medical situation. He’s a good fighter I think I got him a top 10 prospect improving great.y since I’ve been following him and watching didn’t expect him do he much but he proved otherwise .

I think it’s being reported Anderson is not fighting due to his opponents medical situation. He’s a good fighter I think I got him a top 10 prospect improving great.y since I’ve been following him and watching didn’t expect him do he much but he proved otherwise .

Yeah, bro, when I read the news earlier today it really disappointed me. But apparently they're going to try to rebook Anderson again in two weeks. Maybe against the same opponent if he's recovered.
It doesn't matter to me who the opponent is though. I just want to see Anderson in action again. The sooner the better.

Yeah, bro, when I read the news earlier today it really disappointed me. But apparently they're going to try to rebook Anderson again in two weeks. Maybe against the same opponent if he's recovered.
It doesn't matter to me who the opponent is though. I just want to see Anderson in action again. The sooner the better.
Yea I think I have Anderson in my bottom half of upcoming guys ,it’s just for now , I got several guys ahead though who I think will get further. A lot of talent now even guys who lost so far , boxing’s good for a good five years minimum with upcoming killers on the horizon .

Back