Media Carlos Correa: If Khabib fought LWs past their prime, he'd have just as many title defenses as Jones

Well those past prime LWs would have to get a title shot first. Other than Vitor, OSP and Chael; everyone that Jon fought pretty much earned a title shot.

A MMA CONNOISSEUR like that, he talks and we automatically believe... I can't even root for Jones anymore after his opinion. :D

He's not wrong. Imagine Khabib defending his belt against BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Pettis etc right now.

Jones has a "remarkable" record because its full of washed up big names when they were out of their prime.

Oh and PEDs too.
He's very wrong. I don't care what names u slap together "Mr khabib I fight 1x a year maybe 2x then retired young" not increasing his record.

<{1-1}>

Glad someone is telling it like it is instead of parroting the same nonsense a out Jones, he should have also mentioned how 99.99% of his opponents are complete and utter MIDGETS.

Jones isn't the goat the moment he got caught cheating. Same with Anderson. Same when Fedor came back a turd. Same when GSP lost to Serra.

Khabib never bled and never lost. Everyone else is just nostalgia.

lol at people claiming Khabib's competition is not as strong

He's not wrong. Imagine Khabib defending his belt against BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Pettis etc right now.

Jones has a "remarkable" record because its full of washed up big names when they were out of their prime.

Oh and PEDs too.

Early in his career if Jones defended against a bunch of young upstarts,

You would say this..

"Jones fought a bunch of green bums when he won the belt"

He fights HOF fighters and it is "They were old who cares" (Bullshit)

Meanwhile Khabib won the belt off Ragin Al, who sells Houses for a living..
Jones won it off a 29 year old Shogun..

Sherdog 101..

Oh and PEDs too.
he is wrong. those guys werent out of their prime until jones made them. at least no where near as exagerated as that. rashad , rampage ,lyoto , shogun, these guys were still at the top. also jones had the same dominance khabib did. jon was ragdolling fools all over and fighting way more frequently. if the argument isnt about peds, there isnt one for khabib. Jon has slayed the better dragons, and did it with a stronger strength of schedule

khabib can be light weight goat theres no argument coming from me, but ahead of jones, fedor ,gsp,? nah

lol at people claiming Khabib's competition is not as strong
he has great names, just no where near the ammount of the other goats.

Last edited:
The only argument that has legs in terms of elevating Khabib over Jones is the PED argument.

Jones's resume is significantly longer/better at the top, and you can't even play the "degree of dominance" card with much success because Jones wasn't much less dominant than Khabib at a similar time point in his career.

Yeah this is the face of dominance right there

52M2gq8.jpg

Yeah this is the face of dominance right there

52M2gq8.jpg
<36>

Then tried to say he didn't train hard enough. What was his excuses for his poor performances in his last 2-3 fights? Did he he not train hard?

I still give Jon credit though, he was lighting dudes up in his 20s and the youngest champion ever. I can't shit on him for that. Only issue would be the PEDs. Those guys weren't out of their prime as carlos was saying but there's no doubt Jon isn't P4P right now. He's not even top 4. Dude really has to win the HW title to get his spot back.

I don't like Jon Jones but his resume is a lot better then khabib opponent for opponent

They were not past their prime they were IN there prime when they fought Jones and the kid was like 21

Only thing is Steroid controversy I have no evidence khabib ever took so he has that on him but so does gsp (also u have to think people Jones were facing were on roids too maybe even more vitor for example)

All this shit don't really matter anyways pound for pound is opinion if jones and khabib fought for real jones would whoop his ass lol

It's fairly clear, unless you are brain dead, that Jon Jones is a better fighter than Khabib, fought much better competition, though it could be argued some of them were past their prime, and accomplished much more.

But Khabib is pretty good too. But I do think he fought weak competition.
Bad take, in terms of talent Lw over lhw and its not really debateable. I give Jones the edge due to longevity and quantity, but lw is the better division by alot. Way harder to be a champ at lw.

I don't like Jon Jones but his resume is a lot better then khabib opponent for opponent

They were not past their prime they were IN there prime when they fought Jones and the kid was like 21

Only thing is Steroid controversy I have no evidence khabib ever took so he has that on him but so does gsp (also u have to think people Jones were facing were on roids too maybe even more vitor for example)

All this shit don't really matter anyways pound for pound is opinion if jones and khabib fought for real jones would whoop his ass lol
He does have one point, Khabib anyways. What's the point of fighting those guys again? He dominated them. If he remained, Conor, Gaethje, Dustin, will be in the title picture. Tony or chandler would probably be his freshest opponents, people he's never faced again, assuming they can rise up to that level of competition. It's going to be those 1 of those three guys again.

He does have one point, Khabib anyways. What's the point of fighting those guys again? He dominated them. If he remained, Conor, Gaethje, Dustin, will be in the title picture. Tony or chandler would probably be his freshest opponents, people he's never faced again, assuming they can rise up to that level of competition. It's going to be those 1 of those three guys again.

I think he should move up try to be double champ like DC did

Khabib v usman or burns

Khabib v Colby

All fun fights

The weight cuts always seem so brutal on him who knows maybe he could be better

I think he should move up try to be double champ like DC did

Khabib v usman or burns

Khabib v Colby

All fun fights

The weight cuts always seem so brutal on him who knows maybe he could be better
I agree with that. I would have loved to see him compete at WW, but alas he didn't want to do it. Doesn't believe things that make his skillset great will transfer over.

Imo, I think he beats Colby 100%. Usman is the one that gives me some pause for concern. I can see him beating usman the same way he beat gaethje, do it quick, and Out BJJ-usman. Usman has pretty solid BJJ defense and he's never been taken down. So yeah, but that's the way I can see it happening. But Usman is massive.

Is that Betche brother? Does he have the nice ass?

Back