Media Carlos Correa: If Khabib fought LWs past their prime, he'd have just as many title defenses as Jones

If khabib defended his belts 3-4 times, He'd be everyone's Goat but he chose to retired because there's nothing left for him in that division.

Khabib certainly hasn't cleaned out the lightweight division. Charles Oliveira is on 7-fight winning streak, all by finish. Khabib was scheduled to fight Tony 5 times, but never did.

Khabib also enters the cage heavier than some welterweights. If he wants to prove that he's the best pound-for-pound fighter, he should be fighting in his natural weight class. It's not lightweight, as evidenced by the fact that he missed weight twice in his UFC career and needed a towel for his most recent weigh-in. He should fight his peers at welterweight. The top tier of that division is filled with elite fighters: Usman, Colby, Burns, the winner of Chimaev-Edwards, and Lima if the UFC can finally bring him over.

Of course, the legacy fight with GSP is still out there. Khabib better get that done while GSP is 39 years old (he has 7 months left) if he wants to solidify his claim to GOAT status.

He only defended the lightweight title 3 times. There are plenty of fights for him. He didn't clean out anything.

Khabib certainly hasn't cleaned out the lightweight division. Charles Oliveira is on 7-fight winning streak, all by finish. Khabib was scheduled to fight Tony 5 times, but never did.

Khabib also enters the cage heavier than some welterweights. If he wants to prove that he's the best pound-for-pound fighter, he should be fighting in his natural weight class. It's not lightweight, as evidenced by the fact that he missed weight twice in his UFC career and needed a towel for his most recent weigh-in. He should fight his peers at welterweight. The top tier of that division is filled with elite fighters: Usman, Colby, Burns, the winner of Chimaev-Edwards, and Lima if the UFC can finally bring him over.

Of course, the legacy fight with GSP is still out there. Khabib better get that done while GSP is 39 years old (he has 7 months left) if he wants to solidify his claim to GOAT status.

He only defended the lightweight title 3 times. There are plenty of fights for him. He didn't clean out anything.
You really think Oliveira will reach the title picture? Currently, right now.

tenor.gif
Actually Kelly is GOAT

It's not that simple, 23 year old Khabib gifted a title shot gets his shit pushed in by prime Bendo. Current Khabib slaughters any version of Bendo, but not the Khabib at the time.

Last edited:
You really think Oliveira will reach the title picture? Currently, right now.
Yes, nobody in UFC history has won 7 straight fights by finish and racked up 6 Performance of the Night bonuses in doing so.

Oliviera has 17 wins in the UFC (not including his submission victory over Nik Lentz, which was changed to a no contest for an illegal knee after the fact), that's 6 shy of the most all-time. He just turned 31 years old last week. Barring a career-altering injury, Oliviera will set the record for most wins in the UFC.

He already holds the record for most submissions in UFC history (14, not including the one that was overturned) by a considerable margin that is only going to grow. Demain Maia is in 2nd place with 11, but he turns 43 next week. The long-retired Royce Gracie is in 3rd with 10. Nobody else has more than 8.

Yes, nobody in UFC history has won 7 straight fights by finish and racked up 6 Performance of the Night bonuses in doing so.

Oliviera has 17 wins in the UFC (not including his submission victory over Nik Lentz, which was changed to a no contest for an illegal knee after the fact), that's 6 shy of the most all-time. He just turned 31 years old last week. Barring a career-altering injury, Oliviera will set the record for most wins in the UFC.

He already holds the record for most submissions in UFC history (14, not including the one that was overturned) by a considerable margin that is only going to grow. Demain Maia is in 2nd place with 11, but he turns 43 next week. The long-retired Royce Gracie is in 3rd with 10. Nobody else has more than 8.
If Oliviera faces elite talent in his next fight, I believe he's going to lose.

Carlos is in the Khabib Army :D Baseball is still boring as fuck though.

• He said When Jon fight Vitor, Machida, etc is the equivalent of Khabib right now taking on BJ Penn, Anthony Pettis, Eddie Alvarez.
  • If khabib were to fight against all the [LW champions] past their prime, He would have more 10 title defenses
  • If khabib defended his belts 3-4 times, He'd be everyone's Goat but he chose to retired because there's nothing left for him in that division.
  • He says, he prefer dominance over # of Title fights
  • If you want to go by title fights, Jon Jones is the goat, Manny's won the most championship in different weight classes, does that make him the goat? No.
  • Acknowledges the GOAT conversation is complex.
  • Correa is also critical of Jon Jones playing it safe against santos, not taking risk and losing on one judges scorecard.

Edit: added video: Analyzing Jon Jones Prime vs Khabib's Prime.

He mentioned when Jon fought elite talent, that was closer to him, Jon wasn't as dominant. Khabib-gaethje were in the same ballpark as Jon-Gus 1. Jon lost rounds and almost lost the fight. When Khabib had those odds, he dominated the opponent.
{<jordan}

I don't agree with him fully, but his past 3 defenses have not been against elite talent and Jon decisioned them and lost rounds.

iu

Carlos to his credit says if Jon wins the HW title, he's the undisputed P4P and will cement his P4P status, all time.

Jon Jones is the GOAT, hurt my feelings when he made Shogun tap lmao. Just kidding.

These guys dont know what the fuck they're talking about. That being said Jones is a steroid cheat and can't be goat.

If Oliviera faces elite talent in his next fight, I believe he's going to lose.
Against an elite fighter, he could lose, but there is also a very real chance he wins by submission.

He looks much much better at lightweight than he did at featherweight. Not to mention, he has improved considerably during his 3-year undefeated streak.

Against an elite lightweight, Poirier, Gaethje, McGregor, Ferguson, Chandler, Islam, and Hooker could lose as well.

Jones has a better resume though he hasnt looked good in years. I also think Gus is overrated.

Khabib had those injuries and the missed weigh in vs. Tony that took years off his run. Khabib would have run through the likes of Pettis and Alvarez.

Against an elite fighter, he could lose, but there is also a very real chance he wins by submission.

He looks much much better at lightweight than he did at featherweight. Not to mention, he has improved considerably during his 3-year undefeated streak.

Against an elite lightweight, Poirier, Gaethje, McGregor, Ferguson, Chandler, Islam, and Hooker could lose as well.
I really doubt it. People are overselling his win streak when he's only beaten one top 10 dude. He's a good fighter, deserves his rank, but people need to pump the brakes on him reaching the elite status. Saying Khabib hasn't cleaned out and should stick around for oliviera, a guy who was gnp by felder..I think we need to relax on that.

Lee sorta had his way on the ground too with oliviera. I'm anxious to see what he can do but put him against gaethje he's going to lose. Put him against conor, he's going to lose. Put him against Poirier, he's going to lose. Just my opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I don't think he's a championship fighter.

I thought D-1 Dumbass claimed baseball players all think Khabib is boring and their opinion is legit because they make more money or something?

Now I don't know what to think.

I thought D-1 Dumbass claimed baseball players all think Khabib is boring and their opinion is legit because they make more money or something?

Now I don't know what to think.
This interview is basically a conor fanboy vs khabib fanboy.

This clip in the comments is what inspired me to watch the full interview lol

Jones fought all the best guys available. What did people want him to do get in a time machine and fight Shogun in 2005.

This guys is a moron

Defenses matter a lot, but the quality of opponents matters more.

Silva defending vs Cote and Leites or GSP vs Hardy doesn't matter that much compared with a non-title fight vs a better opponent (Khabib beating RDA)

That being said, I believe both of them have weak points

Jones:
- controversial decisions vs Gus & Santos, lost to Reyes
- cheated a lot in the octagon (and outside) - inb4 "but but but roids don't matter, I recommend a full cicle and see how much longer can you train and how fast you recover"
- the quality of opponents was decent in most cases (although they were past their prime and the size difference was huge in some cases, when he fought MWs) and great (DC)

Khabib
- I said it in the past, Khabib never fought a top wrestler. Not his fault, hLW lacks this.
- Conor, Gaethje, Poirier are great wins, but all of them are strikers. I don't care about Gaethje's background, he is not a good wrestler in MMA.

Last edited:
The only argument that has legs in terms of elevating Khabib over Jones is the PED argument.

Jones's resume is significantly longer/better at the top, and you can't even play the "degree of dominance" card with much success because Jones wasn't much less dominant than Khabib at a similar time point in his career.

I'll add to that. "Upright character" inside & outside the octagon is also an aspect that totally elevates Khabib over Jones if one were to consider it important in GOAT talks. Because hey, it's all a matter of opinion

I hope Jon calls out this guy on twitter.

Back