Carlos Condit vs Tony Ferguson: Who would win at catchweight?

the way i have seen it is tony was shot before he lost. he would nearly get finished so many times. but his skill endurance and savage mindset kept him winning until he didn't.

These two were pretty similar in regards to their body type and career paths:
  • Neither of them have ever been knocked out cold despite taking brutal punishment
  • Neither of them ever gassed out, despite fighting at a high pace
  • Both were volume strikers who grinded their opponents into exhaustion
  • Both were mediocre wrestlers but had strong BJJ skills to make up for it
    • Ferguson had stronger offensive submissions, especially chokes
    • Condit was better off his back, with a great defensive guard
And both went straight downhill after taking an inhuman beating (for Condit it was Lawler, for Ferg it was Gaethje).

So before their decline, who would have won at catchweight if they had ever fought?
I want Condit to win

i'd bet on them both losing a decision to each other

2 of my all time favorites. Prime for prime I’d say Condit decision. Now 50/50 fight.

Condit easily. Tony is too wild and a little smaller.

Condit is more technically sound and fights smarter.

I'd watch the shit out of this fight now or prime years. No need to be at catchweight, WW is fine.

Condit

I think Tony is more washed than Condit at this point and he wouldn't use his wrestling.

Both in their prime? Condit would destroy Tony.
Hell yeah!!
Condit will always destroy Tony.
Tony won't or would never be able to wrestle f'ck Condit. Condit is way better standing.

I'm afraid if this fight were to happen and the combination of both theses guys blood mixing together, because there will be blood, would open a portal to hell

Condit decides to wrestle for a lackluster performance for both lol

100% Tony has earned a money fight or two. Even though he has lost his last few his popularity can not be denied. I'd like to see Nick Diaz vs Tony
For sure. Either Diaz would be fun. Don’t see it happening though.

Back