Carlos Condit v.s. Rory Macdonald rematch. Can Condit finish Rory again? Who ya got?

I think Carlos takes him out more impressively this time.

I would love to see Carlos land a sweet combo on rory like a flying knee or something. But honestly I would be crazy to bet on this fight.

The first fight I had Carlos 30-26 or 29-27. And I can see why some didn't like the stoppage. But seriously the only reason rory was on top the entire first round was because Carlos wouldn't let him up.

True.
This thread has a really good breakdown of the first fight.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/deeper-look-into-condit-vs-macdonald-ground-game-edition-2253777/

Good read. I remember this thread, had to rewatch the fight and it seem like Condit was way better when it hit the ground.

Yeh it opened my eyes as well until i re-watched it i didnt realise how inactive Rory was on the ground

Here's the first fight

Thankfully the ref stopped it cause Condit would probably be robbed off a win.

EDIT: But please, mute it cause Joe's terrible and biased as he usually is with the commentary.

He was lucky to finish him the first time and was the beneficiary of a horrible stoppage. Rory will be 100 times the fighter in the rematch, and will beat Condit in an impressive and great fight.

I think Rory takes it this time, but nothing would surprise me in this one

Condit via TKO again. Lame to have this rematch again so soon.

Condit could finish him, but I really really doubt it. I personally see this fight going to a decision. Rory will probably win via top control. I will be cheering for a Condit KO though.

If Condit wins he is going to come home and find his whole family dead....Rory is extra creepy...Looks like a Hannibal Lector muppet baby.

Been a Condit fan since the WEC days but even I can't deny that Rory is a top contender at 170. In the first fight Rory was on track to defeating Condit until Carlos was able to get the stoppage with just seconds remaining. Not gonna lie I want Condit to win. However I don't want a decision victory.. It would be like the Diaz- Condit fight and Diaz fans still won't shut up about that fight. When Rory fought BJ it seemed to me he is getting so big that when he cut weight it might have slightly affected his performance.. Joe Rogan says Rory gets up to 200lbs and cuts down.. But we all know that Rogan likes to exaggerate. Could the weight cut drain him if he puts on too much muscle for the rematch? Who wins this fight? By KO or decision?

I don't think so.

I think Rory has evolved enough to beat him by decision

I think Rory is a different animal to the one Condit fought before, regardless, this is still a pick em really, I got McDonald via a razor close decision (hopefully after an absolute war)

I think both guys will try to show off and it will be an awesome fight, I just don't see Rory losing though...
20.gif

Back