Carlos Condit v.s. Rory Macdonald rematch. Can Condit finish Rory again? Who ya got?

I like both guys and given the magnitude of the fight I think Rory will just copy GSP's gameplan and basically take Condit down and grind out a decision.

Too much on the line these dudes are going to.go at it. Condit needs a NBK type win and Rory called him out. They want a finish.

This one shot does prove a lot though. The way he dodges and weaves Rory then pops his head back up as he throws that counter punch.. Have you seen the clip of his flying knee to the face against.. Kampmann I think? It was off the chain.

I haven't seen the Kampmann knee, someone post it if they got it.

20.gif

Straight up ninja! Just wish he engaged more, he was strictly game plan that fight.
I wish he engaged more also in that fight. The only thing Nick did that REALLY got my attention was when he slapped Carlos.. But you can slap someone all you want.. That doesn't win fights.

I wish he engaged more also in that fight. The only thing Nick did that REALLY got my attention was when he slapped Carlos.. But you can slap someone all you want.. That doesn't win fights.

So, taking Condit's back in like 5seconds wasn't more impressive than a slap for you? Be serious man......

I haven't seen the Kampmann knee, someone post it if they got it.
I was wrong. I think it was Ellenberger. Found a picture.. :( I want the video clip someone!!! He also knocked out dong hyun Kim with flying knee before pounding him out with punches. Beautiful striking.

Rooting for Rory,but hope he wins by KO/TKO,I don`t wanna see him get UD.He has improved a lot since their last fight but still don`t know if it will enough for Condit since he is very elusive.Doubt Rory will take GSP approach,probably will get in this fight emotional,looking for revenge and go for a kill so I do hope he gets that KO/TKO..gonna be a great fight one way or the other.

Condit by TKO. Rory will have his moments but I think Condit will catch him standing and finish him

So, taking Condit's back in like 5seconds wasn't more impressive than a slap for you? Be serious man......
Well since Diaz was acting like he was going to murder Carlos and in all actuality.. He didn't do much in my opinion. When you act like you are the baddest dude on the planet and such a "bad ass Stockton mofo" You better look to finish the guy you are talking shit on. Nick is a good fighter but EVEN if Carlos was being hesitant to engage.. Nick should have been well rounded enough to finish him. Condit was smart in that fight. He didn't let nick have the fight on his terms.

I like rory and think he has potential, but people are giving him far too much credit these days. He outwrestled a striker with almost no ground game and he outjabbed a guy much smaller than him with a sizeable reach advantage. Condit is his size, possesses both a strong striking game and a dangerous ground game. If Rory wins, it will be by the skin of his teeth, but it will cement him as a top 5 WW. He still has a lot to prove though. We still haven't seen what he can do against some of the high level wrestlers in the division. He has a while to go before he can be called the next GSP.

And I wasn't "impressed" by the slap or by him taking Carlos' back. I was not impressed by his performance. He wrote checks with his mouth that his ass couldn't cash. End of story.

I think Rory is going to beat Condit worse than GSP did. Rory is much better now, and the first fight was close until the end. Is Condit much better now? I'm not sure he is.

Condit has also evolved and improved in preparing for the Diaz and GSP fights. Both fighters have evolved and improved.

It will be a close fight.

Nick didn't take his back so much as Carlos gave it too him. Carlos spun in to nick trying to stand up in the scramble, it's not like nick used any particular wrestling or bjj to force Carlos into it. Carlos just miscalculated that he could stand up out of the takedown. And I am guessing he only did this because he was afraid the judges would hold it against him if he had to put nick in guard.

Watch it again and if you are honest with yourself you will see what I mean.

I would love to see Carlos land a sweet combo on rory like a flying knee or something. But honestly I would be crazy to bet on this fight.

The first fight I had Carlos 30-26 or 29-27. And I can see why some didn't like the stoppage. But seriously the only reason rory was on top the entire first round was because Carlos wouldn't let him up.

Nick didn't take his back so much as Carlos gave it too him. Carlos spun in to nick trying to stand up in the scramble, it's not like nick used any particular wrestling or bjj to force Carlos into it. Carlos just miscalculated that he could stand up out of the takedown. And I am guessing he only did this because he was afraid the judges would hold it against him if he had to put nick in guard.

Watch it again and if you are honest with yourself you will see what I mean.
Exactly.

The stoppage really was terrible in the first fight. Condit stopped throwing strikes for a second, put his head down, and THEN the ref stepped in. It was an awesome fight overall though. Simultaneously throwing flying knees and front kicks and shit at each other, plenty of momentum shifts... Both guys have improved immensely since that fight and this one should be great. Rory hasn't been pushed at all since that fight and has been running train on everyone. Condit can give anybody a tough fight and he'll once again have to test Rory's conditioning in order to win. Tough fight to call.

Condit tko's him again. The guys an animal. He matches up well with Rory imo. Better on the feet and will be able to avoid damage wen taken down.

IMO My dislike for Rory clouds my vision which makes me believe Condit will win again.

Back