Carlos Condit v.s. Rory Macdonald rematch. Can Condit finish Rory again? Who ya got?

Well Rory will have to beat Condit into a pulp in order to really win and get his true revenge. If he simply just wins then that's really not much of a revenge at all. So I'm thinking Rory's going to come out pushing the pace again (or will have to keep up the pace with Condit) and he'll eventually tire out once more or make a mistake and Condit will beat him up just like before.

I really don't have any idea. Rory has been looking great lately and I think he can win, but Condit is also Condit. He's fucking good.

I think Rory is going to beat Condit worse than GSP did. Rory is much better now, and the first fight was close until the end. Is Condit much better now? I'm not sure he is.
You make a good point about has Carlos gotten MUCH better now. I watched the GSP fight and was hoping Condit would bounce back stronger than ever.. But then again.. Condit has a very tough fight in this rematch. If he loses.. He might not ever get back to title contention. And I will be the first to admit GSP dominates against Condit. He cut Carlos open badly in the first or second round. However why was GSP more fucked up looking after the fight? I don't understand. He looked worse than Condit. His face was a swollen mess and his upper lip looked like it got ripped open. Maybe I should make a thread about that because it was weird that GSP looked worse yet Carlos was the one bleeding out during the earlier rounds. Hmmmm... Oh well.

This fight is a joke. The first time they fought, Condit won the first round, the second was a coin toss and the 3rd was a 10-8 round if there isn't a stoppage.

Joe Rogan was doing his usual thing where he only calls shots for one fighter, and Rory had a couple take downs, so it seems like he was winning, but he wasn't.

Condit has fought a who's who of the WW world beating Ellenberger, going the distance with Kampmann and Shields and winning the interim belt vs. Diaz. Not to mention bloodying up a champ who's harder to hit than smoke.

McDonald has not earned a fight with the #2/#3 guy in the division. Condit should have fought Hendricks.

That being said, Rory is psycho (really?) ....and anything can happen.

It's hard to tell because both fighters are better now. I don't think Condit will let Rory lay on him again though so i'll take him by KO.

Of course he can. After watching Condit in the first fight with Rory and the GSP fight (as well as his entire career) it should be apparent that there is no quit in the guy. Every time GSP took him down, he was still trying to isolate limbs or sweep or do something to win, or put himself in a position to win the fight. Condit is an animal and can beat any welterweight on any given night.
I agree that there is no quit in Condit.. The Diaz fans always slander him but I stick up for Carlos. He is a warrior. But my problem is that I was rooting for him to dethrone GSP.. But he literally let GSP corner him against the fence from the start of the fight.. Like he allowed GSP to fight on his terms too much.. I thought Condits best bet was to control the distance and use his kicks to keep GSP at bay. However he only landed like one or maybe two head kicks which did have GSP hurt and it honestly looked like Condit might finish GSP with elbows and Ground an Pound but it didn't happen :( that is why I asked what you guys think. I am wondering if Condit will come back as the same fighter he was against GSP and not control the distance.. Or is he going to avoid letting these short powerful guys just put the grind on him and back him into the cage. He literally let GSP walk him down once that fight started. I was pissed about that.

Taking Condit. Off his back he is great and I think he has the edge in stand up as well.
I thought the first fight was much closer than is often said. I agree more with the play by play from this site: http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/UFC-115-preview-Condit-vs-Macdonald-8211 (Even though the last line of the play by play is contradicting)

Had Condit taking a very close 1st round...so even if it wasn't stopped he should have won.

2nd fight is gonna be a war, looking forward to it. They both have improved, but I'm going Condit...2nd round tko.

29wq3c1.jpg

r8eae0.jpg
Condit can do more damage off his back than a lot of fighters in the UFC. He was trying to pepper GSP from the bottom the whole time GSP was on top.

knockouts_Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St_Pierre_UFC_154.gif

Condit by impossible to defend lhk. When I saw this in real time I was like...damn, how do you see that coming!

Fucking beautiul

You know it really was, largely in part because it was not telegraphed in any way and came at an incredibly unexpected angle.

I love Condit's kicks. All jokes asides, he had some really awesome ones against Diaz as well. His angles are great.

Here's a clip from the 1st round...you know the one that Rory won
the stand up (yeah I know one shot doesn't prove anything) but go
watch it.

conditrorykd.gif

You know it really was, largely in part because it was not telegraphed in any way and came at an incredibly unexpected angle.

I love Condit's kicks. All jokes asides, he had some really awesome ones against Diaz as well. His angles are great.

20.gif

Straight up ninja! Just wish he engaged more, he was strictly game plan that fight.

watch it.

conditrorykd.gif

You know, in fast time, a lot of bad angles and awkward movements can make missed shots look like hits. It is only when you rewatch events or see highlights in slow motion that you can see who is really landing in those brawl style punch wars. Condit takes some hard punches but almost always connects with a counter after or sometimes even simultaneously (LOL Hardy). He also slips well, better than most give him credit for.

watch it.

conditrorykd.gif
This one shot does prove a lot though. The way he dodges and weaves Rory then pops his head back up as he throws that counter punch.. Have you seen the clip of his flying knee to the face against.. Kampmann I think? It was off the chain.

Back