Carlos Condit on Fighting and Retirement: "I Loved Every Fu**ing Second of It."

Best of luck to him in the next stage of his life. He always brought the action and gave us some all time classics. Glad he’s leaving the sport now and not on the back of multiple TKO/KO losses

How I got into UFC at 7 years old
UFC09_US_ESRB_PS3.jpg

We all start somewhere my friend.

What? Lol

Post your Diaz takes. It's fine.

It's ok, we'll keep it between us ;)

It's all in harmless fun. Could you imagine a Condit retirement thread without a 1,2,5 appearing at least once? It almost seems blasphemous...

It's ok, we'll keep it between us ;)

It's all in harmless fun. Could you imagine a Condit retirement thread without a 1,2,5 appearing at least once? It almost seems blasphemous...

I deleted my comment about your 1, 2, 5. I wanted to keep it classy.

But you're right. There's always one, lol.

one of my top 3 favorite fighters to watch, ever, regardless of weight class. The end is almost never pretty in a sport like this, but I'm glad he feels at peace with it

This is how true warriors retire. Some others just run away from competition In their prime.

Such as who? I think it's much more common for fighters to stay on past the point where they can compete at a high level than to go out on top.

The former interim UFC welterweight champion and 19-year veteran of professional MMA officially called it a career last week, finishing with a 32-14 record and some of the most memorable fights in history. In addition to big show battles with the likes of Georges St-Pierre, Robbie Lawler, and Nick Diaz, “The Natural Born Killer” was a star in World Extreme Cagefighting and will always be remembered for his star turn in the legendary Rumble on the Rock tournament.

The past few years haven’t been kind to Condit, 37, as far as results go as he closed out his UFC run on a 2-6 stretch. In what would be his last fight, Condit lost a unanimous decision to Max Griffin at UFC 264 in July.

On Monday, Condit appeared on The MMA Hour to elaborate on why the timing was right for him to walk away from competition.

On why he retired:

On when he knew it was time:

On preparation taking its toll:

His favorite moment:

Link: https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/9/...from-mma-ive-loved-every-f-cking-second-of-it

I still think Condit got screwed with the decision in the Lawlor fight. I thought Condit won 3 to 2 or 4 to 1. Competitive but clear. I was not happy with that decision, and I'm not a Condit fanboy (just a fan of his style and attitude).

I still think Condit got screwed with the decision in the Lawlor fight. I thought Condit won 3 to 2 or 4 to 1. Competitive but clear. I was not happy with that decision, and I'm not a Condit fanboy (just a fan of his style and attitude).

I had him 4-1. I have nothing but love for Robbie, but there's no way he won that fight. None.

To know when to exactly call it quits takes maturity, intelligence and a clear head.
That in itself is a blessing and/or privilege.
Not all legends get to have that. Heck, others choose to fight till the wheels fall of and ultimately regret not quitting sooner.
CONGRATS again, NBK!
<RomeroSalute>

<2>

It’s long overdue. Still, hate to see the day. Always will be one of my favorites. Easily in the top five most exciting fighters to ever fight.

One of the few declines I felt sad to watch. Guy was a beast in his prime and almost defeated GSP. Happy for his retirement!

Back