Carlos Condit: get ready for new champ at WW

Nothing round robin about the ww belt. The last 4 fights have all features either Lawler or Hendricks. Don't see that changing for a while.

In a fight--Lawler
In a footrace--Condit

Depends on what the UFC booked for the two.

What are you talking about? Of Condit's 30 wins 28 are finishes. This Nick Diaz baloney is overblown.

Matt Brown had an insane finish rate too. But when the competition climbs it means less and less. I don't believe Condit would win against Dong hyun Kim if they fought again.

Matt Brown had an insane finish rate too. But when the competition climbs it means less and less. I don't believe Condit would win against Dong hyun Kim if they fought again.

Really? Kim has actually regressed, whereas Condit is the same killer he's always been.

I actually think that aside from Hendricks, Condit is bar none the toughest fight for Lawler. Cardio for days, comes on strong the deeper the fight goes, incredibly durable, superb fight IQ, and just as dangerous on the feet as Lawler with a nasty guard to boot. Not to mention Lawler's been taking some heavy damage his last few fights.

Its interesting that so many posters like both fighters.. Usually its the us-vs-them.. Im in the same boat,, Lawler has had some wars but i think he learns from them.. Condit looked good after his layoff and is in the top 5 for a reason.. I like both but want Lawler to win this one by Ko,,,, keep the judges out of it,, sometimes i think they are texting instead of watching the fight..

i think lawler plays right in to condits fighting style. the only time condit looks off is when he's threatened by takedowns then he gets gun shy. robbie seemed to have zero answers for the head kicks rory was throwing and carlos is way more skilled in that regard. carlos either by tko or sub late in the fight. WAR NBK!!!

I'd pick Lawler but this is a good stylistic matchup for Condit and it shouldn't surprise anyone if he wins.

Lawler is not much of an offensive wrestler and TDD is the only major weak point of Condit's game. I do think though that Lawler has better standup defense and that could be the difference in the fight.

A champ at WW that a JV middle schooler could take down at will as champ? Nah.

Lawler should just spam half hearted takedowns for the lulz and he would beat him easily.

Back