Carla Esparza War Wagon

Esparza is a beast no one from the TUF can beat her No ONE!!!

Carla is a boring wrestler and a nasty person. If she wins at leaST she wont have the title for long because the fighters will figure her out and she will go the way of one dimensionals like Brock Lesnar

Carla is a boring wrestler and a nasty person. If she wins at leaST she wont have the title for long because the fighters will figure her out and she will go the way of one dimensionals like Brock Lesnar

News flash buddy Esparza won.

And not by decision she dominated and subbed Namajunes.

Doubt she underestimated the wrestling. Probably knew Carla could take her down at will and figured it'd be best not to give a fuck and still go for it- pressure on the feet and then when the inevitable takedown came, go for the sub as she's very confident attacking from her back. If she underestimated anything it was Carla's top game which basically just sapped all her will. I'm sure she didn't think that Carla would be as competitive standing as she was too- Carla was really winning all of the close quarters exchanges with short punches and sneaky elbows.

She was even landing knees to the clinch with her back against the cage, which I thought was pretty cool.

Carla is like Dan Severn and other good wrestlers were at the start of the mens ufc. She has a technical advantage now with her wrestling skill dictating fights but it wont belong till the girls learn some good take down defense and shes getting KTFO,

She was even landing knees to the clinch with her back against the cage, which I thought was pretty cool.

Yes good call man. The thing too is that fight last night highlighted to me how high level Carla's wrestling strength is to the other girls in the house (something people knew but still it highlighted it for me). Because Rose, despite being tall and thin showed a lot of functional strength that helped her to take down Calderwood and Randa for instance- two people with quite good takedown defense and wrestling respectively. But she couldn't muscle Carla around or put her on her back for shit. Not even close.

Penne meanwhile was able to take down and control Randa several times but her ground game was completely rendered a non entity by Carla having both the wrestling to prevent her from using her throws and trips and the movement and striking to fluster.

Yes good call man. The thing too is that fight last night highlighted to me how high level Carla's wrestling strength is to the other girls in the house (something people knew but still it highlighted it for me). Because Rose, despite being tall and thin showed a lot of functional strength that helped her to take down Calderwood and Randa for instance- two people with quite good takedown defense and wrestling respectively. But she couldn't muscle Carla around or put her on her back for shit. Not even close.

Penne meanwhile was able to take down and control Randa several times but her ground game was completely rendered a non entity by Carla having both the wrestling to prevent her from using her throws and trips and the movement and striking to fluster.

It's the difference between elite wrestlers (and judoka) and most others. All-American American FTW :cool:

Yes good call. Carla's wrestling is a technical edge that most girls haven't had the training to overcome. As the women's game evolves the well rounded fighters will prevail. That being said Carla was looking pretty good on her feet. Its too bad she has almost no star power because she is easily the best the UFC has right now. Rose is young and will be back and Paige VanZant and Rose will be the future

You sure know what of you speak............NOT!!! Carla demonstrated that the ignorant haters are just that, ignorant haters.

Last edited:
Carla is like Dan Severn and other good wrestlers were at the start of the mens ufc. She has a technical advantage now with her wrestling skill dictating fights but it wont belong till the girls learn some good take down defense and shes getting KTFO,

To quote Steven Tyler "DREAM ON"

Legit champ. Would be a bad joke to have a champ with a 3-1 record.
Hope she does well against the polish lady.

B43sOOTCYAAa9Xz.jpg

The champ is here! Make way for the champ!

312ct5g.jpg

Someone just liked my post on page five. Wow.

Interesting developments: Esparza is getting ready to bulk up. Get ready for the Cookie Hulkster:

Back