Carla Esparza War Wagon

I may be driving the Rose War Wagon, but I love Carla too. May the best lady win! :cool:

Wasn't her boxing against Penne fantastic? Mixed with her trademark explosive takedowns. Her footwork and lateral movement, which helps her evade the majority of strikes that come her way, is so underrated.

Her strikes did zero damage. Her lateral movement helped her to avoid getting tagged, but that was the only decent thing she did. She moved straight backwards into the fence & froze, over & over. Finishing wasn't part of her gameplan. Penne just walked her down the entire fight & didn't really do anything with so many opportunities. It felt really sloppy for Professional UFC fighters.

Quote of Felice Herrig afterwards "That was the best fight eveeeeer!". High standards..

To contrast Randa vs. Rose was good, because they were both aggressively pursuing the finish. . But I don't watch most of the fights on the show so maybe my standards are too high.

I honestly think Rose will destroy her.

Her strikes did zero damage. Her lateral movement helped her to avoid getting tagged, but that was the only decent thing she did. She moved straight backwards into the fence & froze, over & over. Finishing wasn't part of her gameplan. Penne just walked her down the entire fight & didn't really do anything with so many opportunities. It felt really sloppy for Professional UFC fighters.

Quote of Felice Herrig afterwards "That was the best fight eveeeeer!". High standards..

To contrast Randa vs. Rose was good, because they were both aggressively pursuing the finish. . But I don't watch most of the fights on the show so maybe my standards are too high.

Oh, come on....some of those punches Carla landed were good. Not big, KO-potential shots but good ones. She's more likely to finish someone with GNP, her finish of choice.

I cannot believe there is a Carla War Wagon. She is a point fighter. Even take away the grade school cattiness, she has no personality - not intense, not funny. She isn't even good looking. I just don't get it. Her fights are like watching Jake Shield in a sports bra.

I really hope Rose makes short work of her on Friday. That division has more depth than 135 and could be a serious step forward for Women's MMA if it gets a charismatic killer as champ.

I'm on the Carla war wagon. No dog in the fight but I'd rather see Carla win than Rose. Too much crying going on either way.

Esperza looked SOOOO predictable against Penne.

She had ONE mode of offence: right hand (occasionally the left jab) and then circle out to her left.

She did this over. And over. As in after every exchange. I knew EXACTLY where Esparza would be after every exchange, and I wasn't wrong once. Too predictable for high-level MMA in 2014.

If Penne wasn't just walking forward like Nick Diaz, she could have compensated accordingly.

Don't get me wrong: that right hand was fast and crisp. But it was far too predictable. If that's enough to win a belt, well the future is dark for this division.

... It felt really sloppy for Professional UFC fighters.

I guess you are new to women's mma.

To contrast Randa vs. Rose was good, because they were both aggressively pursuing the finish.

Randa went forward with some combos that I don't think connect, maybe that is aggressive, but Rose easily evade all those punches.

But I don't watch most of the fights on the show so maybe my standards are too high.

Feel free to make comments about the fights and fighters, but no one cares about what you watch and your standards.

She did this over. And over. As in after every exchange. I knew EXACTLY where Esparza would be after every exchange, and I wasn't wrong once. Too predictable for high-level MMA in 2014.

It seems you should be a coach. Also, can you imagine? Penne beat Aisly who many people thought she had a bizarre but effective striking.

If that's enough to win a belt, well the future is dark for this division.

I know. Who the fuck cares for women's mma.

Well since Jessica really beat Carla. There is no doubt Rose will destroy her, but of course we all know about the dirty judges.

I guess Penne must be a spontaneous bleeder, then.

So go cry about it in the Rand war wagon thread. You'll recognize it as the wagon on the side of the road, tipped over with a broken axel.

War Carla!
Why would I cry over the fact that Carla is clearly a sociopath? And why would I have to choose one or another bandwagon? Unlike Carla fans, I am not a bandwagon rider, and I do not blindly follow a human stain just because she is a front-runner. I value ethics above vicarious sports entertainment,
Any person that would cheer for Carla after seeing her behavior and treatment of other human beings on the show would have to have a screw loose and very possibly be sociopathic themselves.

Why would I cry over the fact that Carla is clearly a sociopath? And why would I have to choose one or another bandwagon? Unlike Carla fans, I am not a bandwagon rider, and I do not blindly follow a human stain just because she is a front-runner. I value ethics above vicarious sports entertainment,
Any person that would cheer for Carla after seeing her behavior and treatment of other human beings on the show would have to have a screw loose and very possibly be sociopathic themselves.

I think you have Carla mixed up with Angela Magana, dude

I'll ask again, what exactly did Esparza do/say that makes you feel like this?

I cannot believe there is a Carla War Wagon.

Of course there's an Esparza war wagon. In fact there are several.

th
th

I cannot believe there is a Carla War Wagon. She is a point fighter. Even take away the grade school cattiness, she has no personality - not intense, not funny. She isn't even good looking. I just don't get it. Her fights are like watching Jake Shield in a sports bra.

I really hope Rose makes short work of her on Friday. That division has more depth than 135 and could be a serious step forward for Women's MMA if it gets a charismatic killer as champ.

Finished 2 of her last 4 opponents (not in the TUF house)

Has 9 wins, 3 wins by KO/TKO, 3 wins via submission.

Didn't you see? She played patty-cake with Felice. That's some Patrick Bateman level shit.

Excellent. Hahahaha. Maybe, sherdog would prefer ring around the rosie. I think most hate girls who have cheerleader like personalities. They don't like bubbly women because they probably got rejected by bubbly women.

I think you have Carla mixed up with Angela Magana, dude

I think he takes creatively edited reality TV shows way to seriously.

War Carla.

Won't be easy but I hope Carla can pull a Gestelum v Hall finale.

Hall was the huge favorite stopping everyone yet Gastelum was grinding em down and pulled of the upset of u wanna call it.

War Carla

War Carla! That was an awesome performance. Everyone underestimated her, but I pulled for her the whole time!

Back