Carla Esparza War Wagon

She has great balance when on top with her control damn. :icon_lol:

Indeed she does. You could really see it in her fight with Lynn Alvarez; Carla won every scramble and was never not in top position for very long. Alvarez scrambled, bucked, squirmed, rolled, crawled, and slid every which way she could...and every path led to still being under Carla with fists raining down on her.

Jarl

Cookie Monster in beast-mode.

By8R__aIgAABXZq.jpg

That`s probably the face Angela Hill will remember for a long time...every time she tried to scramble to her feet, Cookie Monster`s long blue arms starter wrapping around her neck..."C is for choke, that`s good enough for me!":icon_lol:

Jarl

her grappling is obviously her bread and butter and was very good, but what's her striking and GNP normally like? they looked poor... i don't know if that was just because it wasn't in the gameplan, she was feeling a bit 'off' after such a long lay off or if it's just a development area...? got the job done when it was in her world though, so good performance

her grappling is obviously her bread and butter and was very good, but what's her striking and GNP normally like? they looked poor... i don't know if that was just because it wasn't in the gameplan, she was feeling a bit 'off' after such a long lay off or if it's just a development area...? got the job done when it was in her world though, so good performance

She was giving away quite some height/reach, and it's not that the fight stayed standing for long.

i was more commenting on/criticising i guess the weak GNP than anything, i know she was going up against a legitimately dangerous striker

It's kinda funny because of what apparently happens Carla, despite being number one, is probably going to be stuck with the worst bracket and get Torres and Penne.

i keep wondering who dana was speaking about when he said there is another ronda on the show, i think it's going to be carla. she just looked very solid against angela hill.

i keep wondering who dana was speaking about when he said there is another ronda on the show, i think it's going to be carla. she just looked very solid against angela hill.

I thought he said it was Rose... Or at least Rousey herself said she thought it was Rose

Mark, you should tweet that pic to Carla, she might want to incorporate it into a future walkout shirt

Mark, you should tweet that pic to Carla, she might want to incorporate it into a future walkout shirt

Someone else already did, and Carla replied that this was herself in beastmode.

TUF 20's Carla Esparza on living up to the hype and silencing doubters
MMA Fight Corner interview
Published on Oct 6, 2014

Among other topics, Carla speaks on why she didn't get along with Randa Markos.

[YT]kleHwuSdWWA[/YT]

Last edited:
Randa seems like a likable, low-key person as far as the series has portrayed her but it seems like Carla was not a fan because Randa was very snarky. Unfortunately, to make her point she uses Randa's "are they going to kiss?" comment from the HJC vs. Felice staredown to illustrate her point. Bad choice of example as it elicited a laugh out of one of the radio hosts- can't blame her. I thought that was pretty hilarious as well.

Yep, terrible example: what did Randa even say?! "are they going to kiss"..."that's awkward"?
And 95+% of people would have agreed with her: that staredown was ridiculous.

If I had to guess, I wouldn't be so surprised if, after all, Carla is not a fan Randa actually because the latter ended up, during the show, putting on a beating on her "homie" Felice.
And Esparza then rationalized it (both to herself and others) with Markos having been snarky.

lol, I'm totally pulling it out of my ass, but you never know.

Yep, terrible example: what did Randa even say?! "are they going to kiss"..."that's awkward"?
And 95+% of people would have agreed with her: that staredown was ridiculous.

If I had to guess, I wouldn't be so surprised if, after all, Carla is not a fan Randa actually because the latter ended up, during the show, putting on a beating on her "homie" Felice.
And Esparza then rationalized it (both to herself and others) with Markos having been snarky.

lol, I'm totally pulling it out of my ass, but you never know.

Yeah man, I know what you mean. I'm liking Esparza (and even Felice) more after the last ep but I will say that her comments had me thinking,

Well was she really mean or did she make a joke at your girls expense and beat her as well in the quarter finals...

Plus how's Carla going to talk about passive aggressive..her twitter post about Tecia was basically a passive aggressive manifesto "I didn't say these terrible things, but HERE is what everybody else said." Type stuff.

Again, though I wasn't in the house-
Carla knows better than I do but I'm going to remain skeptical.

Esparza is a beast though and looked awesome in victory over Hill.

i like Esparza or Tecia Torres (if she's the one picked to return next episode) to win the tournament..

i was not impressed by JoJo

Carla is going to win the tournament and be in next year's ESPN Body Issue, just my predictions and I am hoping for both to come true.

Last edited:
Back