Carl Froch is a flat earther...

‘On Mount Everest, an observer sees the horizon roughly 230 miles away. The Earth should curve 35,000 feet.‘

Yup

3-studentsfilm.jpg

Students film breathtaking curvature of Earth using high-altitude weather balloon

Fisheye lens
The image is distorted from the beginning Einstein.

Fisheye lens
Here are some simple exercises for you and your flat-earther buddies to experiment with.

Go climb a tree
“This is another one of those self-evident things: You can see farther if you go higher. If the Earth was flat, you'd be able to see the same distance no matter your elevation. Think about it: Your eye can detect a bright object, like the Andromeda galaxy, from 2.6 million light-years away. Seeing the lights of, say, Miami from New York City (a distance of a mere 1,094 miles or 1,760 kilometers) on a clear evening should be child's play.

But it's not. That's because the curvature of the Earth limits our sight to about 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) … unless you climb up a tall tree, building or mountain and get yourself a perspective from higher up.”

Compare shadows
g7uuAznGxsozNd4C56pN84-650-80.jpg

On a flat Earth, there wouldn't have been any difference between the length of the shadows at all. The sun's position would be the same, relative to the ground. Only a globe-shaped planet explains why the sun's position should be different in two cities a few hundred miles apart.
7 Ways to Prove the Earth Is Round (Without Launching a Satellite)

At least he's got an excuse having been bashed in the head over and over again. What's Kyrie Irving's excuse?

Are we actually having a debate over the shape of the Earth on a boxing forum in 2019 ?

If you think about it, it's pretty good that Froch became a professional boxer because otherwise he would have been collecting bins for a career.

Carl, go up a really big mountain (there are nice ones in Switzerland) look out and you can see.....with your own eyes....that the earth curves.

I don’t think that’s true at all. But when you’re really condescending like that it sounds believable

eh, he ate a lot pf punches, give him a break.

This thread is a prequel. I get it!!!!

Dude 1. He beat ward.
Dude 2- the rest. No he didn’t. Ward beat him so bad he thinks the earth is flat

Dude 1. Thurman hurt his hand. Would have beaten Manny worse than he did. Thurman was hurt and robbed.

Dude 2- the rest. Fuck you’re dumb

Dude 1. Ps earth is flat.

If the earth were a sphere making a full rotation every 24 hours, one should be able to hold a helicopter in a hover for 12 hours and be on the other side of the globe as it would just rotate underneath you.

turns out Froch is a moron and also so are plenty of random Sherdoggers

weird though because we already knew all this

it boggles my mind anyone can be this stupid. this isn't even ignorance, just pure idiocy.

We dont live far away from times we're the church ruled countries just like that. And its exacrly this retarded thinking still dominant in religion dominated governemnts like Saudi Arabia, Iran.....etc.

It shows how thankfull we should be for Voltaire,Rousseau , Kant etc and defend the scientifical approach to knowledge without bias

If the earth were a sphere making a full rotation every 24 hours, one should be able to hold a helicopter in a hover for 12 hours and be on the other side of the globe as it would just rotate underneath you.
That's why they build helicoperes with maximum 5h flight time. Otherwise people would know...
<Y2JSmirk>

Here are some simple exercises for you and your flat-earther buddies to experiment with.

Go climb a tree
“This is another one of those self-evident things: You can see farther if you go higher. If the Earth was flat, you'd be able to see the same distance no matter your elevation. Think about it: Your eye can detect a bright object, like the Andromeda galaxy, from 2.6 million light-years away. Seeing the lights of, say, Miami from New York City (a distance of a mere 1,094 miles or 1,760 kilometers) on a clear evening should be child's play.

But it's not. That's because the curvature of the Earth limits our sight to about 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) … unless you climb up a tall tree, building or mountain and get yourself a perspective from higher up.”

Compare shadows
g7uuAznGxsozNd4C56pN84-650-80.jpg

On a flat Earth, there wouldn't have been any difference between the length of the shadows at all. The sun's position would be the same, relative to the ground. Only a globe-shaped planet explains why the sun's position should be different in two cities a few hundred miles apart.
7 Ways to Prove the Earth Is Round (Without Launching a Satellite)

I don’t want to defend flat earth. But you’re just believing what some anus is telling you.

You go to that. You figure out the calculations and get back to me.

“First transgender man has a baby”. Article from a couple months back. And scientist agree. Wow what a medical marvel.

I would say. That’s woman with a short haircut with a flannel shirt on.

And me saying that is outrageous by today’s standards.

Get on that wavelength bro....

I don’t want to defend flat earth. But you’re just believing what some anus is telling you.

You go to that. You figure out the calculations and get back to me.

“First transgender man has a baby”. Article from a couple months back. And scientist agree. Wow what a medical marvel.

I would say. That’s woman with a short haircut with a flannel shirt on.

And me saying that is outrageous by today’s standards.

Get on that wavelength bro....
Encouraging Do-It-Yourself exercises is taking someone's word on a particular subject? If you have multiple personality disorder then sure. You then take it a step further by equating tabloid newsworthy material you pulled out of your own anus with simple exercises rooted in established scientific methods, one of which the ancient Greeks used in discovering the earth's spherical shape before Christ.

You're on the wavelength alright and it's the wrong end of the spectrum. There's no need to "figure out the calculations" to reach the conclusion that the Earth isn't flat and neither did ancient civilizations. In fact, the only calculation the Greeks required was for estimating the CIRCUMference of the Earth after having already concluded that it was round.
One of the best documented methods for determining the Earth's roundness was first performed (to our knowledge) by the ancient Greeks. This was achieved by comparing the shadows of sticks in different locations. When the sun was directly overhead in one place, the stick there cast no shadow. At the same time in a city around 500 miles north, the stick there did cast a shadow.
If the Earth were flat then both sticks should show the same shadow (or lack of) because they would be positioned at the same angle towards the sun. The ancient Greeks found the shadows were different because the Earth was curved and so the sticks were at different angles. They then used the difference in these angles to calculate the circumference of the Earth. They managed to get it to within 10% of the true value – not bad for around 250 BC.
You don't need to build a rocket to prove the Earth isn't flat – here's the simple science

Last edited:
Back