Cards just aren't the same anymore. Point. Blank. Period.

DontForgetMe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I wasn't even doing anything particular of interest last night and I usually watch every card but only the Main Event intrigued me and I wasn't about to waste a Saturday evening to watch one fight. It didn't even cross my mind to turn it on and it was free. I normally watch every card but lately, it's just not the same. I hate to admit it but I liked it better before USADA. No other major sport has to go through this rigorous testing and this is a PHYSICAL sport unlike any other, dropouts from fights are through the roof. I also wish WMMA had their own cards, no other combat sport feeds you both. WME has also ruined the UFC with all the interim belts and surrounding shenanigans and it just seems like a slightly illegitimate sport to me now. Title shots are popularity contests unless you're a killer on a long streak and simply can't be denied and interim belts are the new #1 contender bout it seems under WME.

Last edited:
Well 229 and 230 are stacked.

Yesterday was a free fight night and we got to see JBG's child KO a dumb trash talker.

League is watered down because its getting bigger. More fighters are being hired, which in the long run is a great thing. The NBA used to be watered down after their expansion in the 80's irc

I wasn't even doing anything particular of interest last night and I usually watch every card but only the Main Event intrigued me and I wasn't about to waste a Saturday evening to watch one fight. It didn't even cross my mind to turn it on and it was free. I normally watch every card but lately, it's just not the same. I hate to admit it but I liked it better before USADA. No other major sport has to go through this rigorous testing and this is a PHYSICAL sport unlike any other, dropouts from fights are through the roof. I also wish WMMA had their own cards, no other combat sport feeds you both. WME has also ruined the UFC with all the interim belts and surrounding shenanigans and it just seems like a slightly illegitimate sport to me now. Title shots are popularity contests unless you're a killer on a long streak and simply can't be denied. An interim belts are the new #1 contender bout it seems under WME.
b game all time.gif

Bet on draft kings. It makes every card fun. Minus you lose money.

dfs-strategy-ftr_1fbjbkvv35nxr14ads3ma5qd8p.jpg

Agreed, it's just not the same since WME took over from Zuffa. It seem less like a legit sport and more like WWE.

I also wish WMMA had their own cards
This is the problem, but we all gotta pretend it isn't. WMMA as a whole isn't talented enough to have them on main cards, the vast majority should be on prelims or getting their own shine in their own promotion. I have nothing against WMMA, there are a select few badass females but the talent pool is not there. I'm a die hard fan but even I skipped the Angela hill fight the other night, every once in awhile you'll get a nice finish like Rose vs Karate hottie but 90% of the time I'm just disappointed watching two amateurs level fighters getting main cards spots over legit world class male fighters. When you combine this with the lack of integrity in the UFC business practices and rankings system, you have a joke of a promotion. What was it UFC 225, where they had 8-3 Megan "no ground game" anderson on the main card while they put Overeem and Curtis on the prelims, it's a total disrespect.

Last edited:
Well then you can do a few things.

a) Move on to another sport, but you won't do that because here you are posting on an MMA forum so you clearly love it still
2) Pop in some pride DVDs
iii) Watch some more organizations
four) Lower your standards

Or...
Get over it.

There's a lot of cards, and they're 6 hours long. Don't try to watch them all. Definitely don't buy them all.

The best thing about MMA is you can be only interested in 15 minutes of one event, jump in for 15 minutes, then go about your day. You don't need to spend four hours every week with your favourite fighter to see how they're progressing. 15 minutes every few months.

Watch the big cards with your friends. Have the smaller events on in the background while you do other stuff. Sherdog to give your opinion about the fights you watched while blind drunk and trying to work a vacuum cleaner that was actually a garden hose.

Well then you can do a few things.

a) Move on to another sport, but you won't do that because here you are posting on an MMA forum so you clearly love it still
2) Pop in some pride DVDs
iii) Watch some more organizations
four) Lower your standards

Or...
Get over it.
What a pleasant response, who made you a mod? There was legitimate discussion about the UFC here and you just wasteland it for no apparent reason.

I wasn't even doing anything particular of interest last night and I usually watch every card but only the Main Event intrigued me and I wasn't about to waste a Saturday evening to watch one fight. It didn't even cross my mind to turn it on and it was free. I normally watch every card but lately, it's just not the same.

I hate to admit it but I liked it better before USADA. No other major sport has to go through this rigorous testing and this is a PHYSICAL sport unlike any other, dropouts from fights are through the roof. I also wish WMMA had their own cards, no other combat sport feeds you both. WME has also ruined the UFC with all the interim belts and surrounding shenanigans and it just seems like a slightly illegitimate sport to me now.

Title shots are popularity contests unless you're a killer on a long streak and simply can't be denied and interim belts are the new #1 contender bout it seems under WME. What do you Sherdoggers think of card quality compared to a few years ago? Is it just lack of current stars other than McGregor? Or does no one else feel the same?

Last edited:
What a pleasant response, who made you a mod? There was legitimate discussion about the UFC here and you just wasteland it for no apparent reason.
Oh there was a reason, the truth was about to be spoken. We're just gonna keep living in fantasy land I guess, till the "sport" is a complete clown show if it isn't already.

Draft kings fool. It makes all the crappy fights interesting. Also, during the WMMA fights, watch their lady parts jiggle.

Right, it was wastelanded because you did not add any solutions, and you didn't actually say anything new that a dozen other recent threads haven't already addressed. It was just a bunch of complaining for the sake of complaining.

Fine. Let's go through your claims, then, shall we:

1 - You didn't watch - Ok then, threads where posters say "I didn't watch this card" are wastelanded because they can't possibly contribute in any positive way

2 - USADA killed the sport - Again, nothing new, and "USADA should go away" threads are wastelanded because USADA exists and it will continue to exist

3 - WMMA fights should be on separate cards - Once again, these threads are wastelanded because it just devolves into fighter bashing and it's not going anywhere

4 - Interim belts are bad - Yes, we agree, but this topic is also addressed ad nauseum. There were plenty of interim belts in the past, and most well before WME was ever uttered by any poster on here.

5 - The sport has become a popularity contest - Wasn't it always one? James Toney made his UFC debut 8 years ago when he was 42 years old against Randy Couture. When did Brock Lesnar make his UFC debut again?

So other than a slew of complaints (with zero solutions, mind you), where was the positive contributory discussion that this thread could have elicited?

I wasn't even doing anything particular of interest last night and I usually watch every card but only the Main Event intrigued me and I wasn't about to waste a Saturday evening to watch one fight. It didn't even cross my mind to turn it on and it was free. I normally watch every card but lately, it's just not the same. I hate to admit it but I liked it better before USADA. No other major sport has to go through this rigorous testing and this is a PHYSICAL sport unlike any other, dropouts from fights are through the roof. I also wish WMMA had their own cards, no other combat sport feeds you both. WME has also ruined the UFC with all the interim belts and surrounding shenanigans and it just seems like a slightly illegitimate sport to me now. Title shots are popularity contests unless you're a killer on a long streak and simply can't be denied and interim belts are the new #1 contender bout it seems under WME. What do you Sherdoggers think of card quality compared to a few years ago? Is it just lack of current stars other than McGregor? Or does no one else feel the same?

Ever hear of paragraphs bro?

I think it's WMMA being forced down everyone's throat. WMMA as a whole isn't talented enough to have them on main cards, the vast majority should be on prelims or getting their own shine in their own promotion. I have nothing against WMMA, there are a select few badass females but the talent pool is not there. I'm a die hard fan but even I skipped the Angela hill fight the other night, every once in awhile you'll get a nice finish like Rose vs Karate hottie but 90% of the time I'm just disappointed watching two amateurs level fighters getting main cards spots over legit world class male fighters. When you combine this with the lack of integrity in the UFC business practices and rankings system, you have a joke of a promotion. What was it UFC 225, where they had 8-3 Megan "no ground game" anderson on the main card while they put Overeem and Curtis on the prelims, it's a total disrespect. The UFC also does an embarrassing job trying to create stars by putting low level fighters like Sage as a co-main or main event. It doesn't feel as professional anymore, it all feels so forced.

[EDIT] ooo so the thread got combined?

Last edited:
Back