Carbon footprint contest.

It could be do you have an exceptionally large or small carbon footprint?

Well the Range and F-Type get 22/23 city....so I’ve lost already. I also travel a lot and sail...I’m also in Florida so AC constantly at 67. I try to make up for it in other ways through clean ups/ over recycling/volunteering...

To be fair though technically I’m operating under capacity....I’ll have to pollute like crazy to break even since my carbon foot print in Cuba was absolute zero

@Sketch should be TIME person of the year though. It hits 68 here and I get the jackets and knits out. Fuck doing anything in cold weather

I suggest you buy some sort of little sports car that you enjoy driving. And forget about your carbon footprint. But that's just me.

I'd rather buy a nice bicycle.

Well the Range and F-Type get 22/23 city....so I’ve lost already. I also travel a lot and sail...I’m also in Florida so AC constantly at 67. I try to make up for it in other ways through clean ups/ over recycling/volunteering...

To be fair though technically I’m operating under capacity....I’ll have to pollute like crazy to break even since my carbon foot print in Cuba was absolute zero

@Sketch should be TIME person of the year though. It hits 68 here and I get the jackets and knits out. Fuck doing anything in cold weather

It can be minus 20 here. I'm on my bike.

My answer was 100% honest.

You would be ahead of me, for growing your own livestock, plus the home ownership part.

But I get points for torturing myself in the winter on a man powered vehicle susceptible to wind.

Have you ever driven a nice little sports car? Much better than a bicycle.

When I was 18 my boys and I owned several Beamers and exotic sports cars. I prefer Bicycles.

It can be minus 20 here. I'm on my bike.

I can’t even compute that. The closest I come is this:

il_570xN.1118621658_ec89.jpg

I only dump waste into the ocean if I know the tide is going out.

I own a 3.5 acre solar field and run a furniture manufacturing business that exclusively uses sustainably harvested domestic hardwoods (growing trees sequester carbon)

Would have been a good thread idea had it been taken seriously .

No one is taking it seriously because it isn't a serious subject. It's a joke. The global warming hoax is dead, you just don't know it yet.

I own a 3.5 acre solar field and run a furniture manufacturing business that exclusively uses sustainably harvested domestic hardwoods (growing trees sequester carbon)
I have the perfect area for a big solar array, But the cost to set it up is just too prohibitive.

My car gets 41 mpg (my jeep and bike get significantly less). I own a 15 acre property that is 85% forested. My house is heated by fire that it is from dead fall trees, and it has a green roof. Because of it's r value it does not require AC in the summer. I raise my own livestock.
Solid. That's good eating, too.
I have three teenagers and at the moment 6 damn cars, a motorcycle, a quad, riding mower/push mower, I guess that's about it for gas-powered. Got rid of two dirt motorcycles last year.
I do use battery weed whip/hedge trimmer and I have a Toro electric snowblower (fucker works) that I like due to no fluids and I only use it rarely so it can hang in the garage for years if need be.
We rarely travel by plane, I will say that. Probably earns me a lot of carbon credits right there.
I try to take deer, and I seek prime or grass-fed beef and source any other fish and shellfish. Doesn't help carbon, but keeps me from eating shrimp they farm in port-o-lets around Asia, so I'm good with that.
Heat and HWH are gas and electric, oddly. A/C all summer.
Meh, it works for me. I like cashews if that helps.
<Fedor23>

I exhale tens of thousands of times per day. Pretty big. Bevaiwe the carbon pirates.

6.9kwh solar on the roof
Sort our trash in 5 different categories
Brand new car with Diesel BlueHDI engine that gets 60mpg average. Over 70 on longer runs.
House heated with natural gas

yeah, you need a pretty sweet subsidy for it to be viable

I guess that depends on where you are. Our solar pays for itself in 9 years. Has 30 year warranty.

I have a 10 times larger footprint than the average man. Ive basically borrowed 9 footprints from starving 3rd worlders.

Thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back