carb-up after weigh-in?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Nosferato, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Nosferato

Nosferato White Belt

I have a upcoming grappling competition tomorrow. I'm currently doing the Anabolic Diet and I'm on no carbs on weekdays. My weight class is -80kg and I'm under that without carbs (~79 vs 83 with carbs).

But my question now is; After the weigh-in, should I carb up or not?
    And if not, is there any point in trying to eat anything big at all (My eating on no carb-days is intermittent fasting-inspired, so I usually don't eat before 4pm and the competitions start at 12)?

I have only been doing the Anabolic Diet for one week (this is my second carb up weekend). Last weekend I did feel kind of slow and sluggish, but nothing super bad.

Hope for some quick answers (so I know 'til tomorrow :D )

2. The_Scientist

The_Scientist Banned Banned

Carbs are OK just do it in moderation. Do what works for you.

Over eating before a competition is never a good idea. I've thrown up on a ref's shoes back in high school and learned the hard way.

Lots of small portions are the key to success. You shouldn't be hungry or full before a competition.

3. Spend Money**

Spend Money** Orange Belt

carb up but dont over eat bro. I made that mistake a few times and ended up grappling all bloated and constipated.