Car Pile Up In Teh Snow Caught on Film

Wrecked my Accord last April.

We had a wee blizzard here in Holland (MICHIGAN that is!) and I popped the curb on a turn (I wasn't even going 10 MPH) because the roads were like a goddamn skating rink. Lucky me, I went over a small tree stump (about 3" in diameter) and the front wheel broke right off at the bearing.

While I'm calling for a tow truck - along comes another Accord and this driver is also going slow - and I got to stand there and watch her car slide into mine - in super slow motion - all the way from my rear panel, both doors, the mirror, etc.

Those are some fucking retarded drivers and they deserve the jacked up insurance rates they're going to get off that.

I’d be really mad if I was in the green jeep. Managed to stop in time and then idiots behind come flying into you.

I did notice a few of them had their hazards on, so they must OF scene sumthing a head, butt still was drived to fast.

Lol at the retarded woman suggesting they get out of the safety of their huge vehicle to stand on the road where cars are sliding out of control left and right

If you are a car towards the rear and you can move up and through the pileup to a front position where cars at the back being slammed into won't get to, you should, in fact get out and move up and through to the front and maybe ask to sit in a car towards the front.

Cars at the rear, particularly when bigger vehicles (trucks) slam into them can become traps. I had a cousin-in-law burned to death about 15 years back when he stayed in his car, a transport truck rammed into it from the rear, and his car burst into flames but he could not get out due to his car being crunched up.

People on scene described his death as horrific.

Last edited:
They will learn next time. Sadly, the only way to teach people how to drive safely is to let them hurt or kill themselves by driving the way they want to drive. Then again, automation will protect the next generation.

Hindsight? Dude, if you don't know how to drive in the snow, you need to stay home on snow days. They knew there was snow on the ground the moment they stepped outside. They teach you in driving school when you are young not to speed when the roads have snow on them and to pump the breaks if you need to come to a sudden stop. These drivers did neither of those things, which is pretty shocking.
pumping brakes is something you did thirty years ago. Basically all cars have anti lock breaking systems these days which you should not pump.

"MY VEHICLE HAS insert stupid phrase here! I CAN DRIVE AS FAST AS I WANT AND BE SAFE!"

It's amazing how many complete morons actually think this.

This happens so much in the Sierra's Nevadas. Douche bags from Sac and the Bay Area think their SUVs are special and that physics somehow don't apply to them.

It doesn't help that is can snow a foot in 20 minutes.

pumping brakes is something you did thirty years ago. Basically all cars have anti lock breaking systems these days which you should not pump.
That clearly worked for these people.

That clearly worked for these people.
So they should pump their antilock brakes and stop even slower? They need to drive according to the conditions.

So they should pump their antilock brakes and stop even slower? They need to drive according to the conditions.
Bullshit. I have been driving for over 20 years in an area of the country that gets a decent amount of snow and pumping my brakes has always enabled me to stop faster. Those people were not stopping quickly, and they were clearly not pumping their brakes. This anti-lock brakes thing is a real technological miracle.

Last edited:
The visibility isn't terrible. Why are cars flying in at that speed in that weather?

No the visibility is bad. Thats why everyone was coming in as fast as they were because no attempt to slow down was made until they were very close.

Bullshit. I have been driving for over 20 years in an area of the country that gets a decent amount of snow and pumping my breaks has always enabled me to stop faster. Those people were not stopping quickly, and they were clearly not pumping their breaks. This anti-lock breaks thing is a real technological miracle.
do you know what ABS does? It pumps your fucking brakes, you knob.

i think i'll stay in san diego
No kidding

I was actually watching this video on Facebook the other day. Amazing how that chick wanted to get out of the truck. What a dumbass

Lol at the retarded woman suggesting they get out of the safety of their huge vehicle to stand on the road where cars are sliding out of control left and right

Fuckin women man. Terrible in crisis.

do you know what ABS does? It pumps your fucking brakes, you knob.
I didn't seen any breaks pumping in that video. I just saw cars sliding. I have many, many hours of driving on snow and/or ice under my belt. I have never wrecked in those weather conditions.

Back