Car Pile Up In Teh Snow Caught on Film

They should of drove accordingly to weather conditions. Driving in such a manner was the wrong thing to do.
9jL3.gif

They need to pump the breaks and drive slower.

I've been in a pileup involving two semi's at night on a fairly well lit interstate.
Two huge semis collided somehow(blowout or something) and basically blocked the road. I was only going about 65-70 and suddenly I saw the car driving just ahead of me start to spark from the tires. Then something hit me and I thought that car's tire blew up. Nope. That was debris he snagged and I was catching some additional steel/sheet metal debris from semis. Running up on a piece of metal slug at 70mph is no picnic especially when you're not expecting.

That made me slow down, obviously, and that's when I saw the two semis just emerge out of the fuck nowhere. They were like two big dark walls you couldn't really see without their hazard lights on. Just earlier the dude who must have been going 100 was rolling around all fucked up on the curb and his car was smashed into the highway divider. He too didn't see the trucks and caught that debris sending his little Audi into the shoulder divider.

Moral of my anecdote is that when there's a crash and lights go out, it's very easy to miss it even if something as big as semi trucks is blocking the road.

It is snowing and those idiots were all driving like it was summer out. Anyone could have avoided that crash if they had half a brain.

Why the fuck are these people driving so fast though?

"MY VEHICLE HAS insert stupid phrase here! I CAN DRIVE AS FAST AS I WANT AND BE SAFE!"

It's amazing how many complete morons actually think this.

I slid off a road into a ditch like that in Flagstaff Arizona high off an edible. Top 3 scariest experiences of my life. Couldnt imagine being on a freeway with cars doing 50+ in that. Terrifying video. RIP to the person who died.

Man this would suck. I have slid though a Empty intersection once and that shit was scary. I cant imagine see cars piled up in front of me and know there nothing I can do, we gonna just crash.

<{Heymansnicker}>Just lol @ northern and east coast Sherbrah's...

Fuk your seasons, lol.

Hindsight? Dude, if you don't know how to drive in the snow, you need to stay home on snow days. They knew there was snow on the ground the moment they stepped outside. They teach you in driving school when you are young not to speed when the roads have snow on them and to pump the breaks if you need to come to a sudden stop. These drivers did neither of those things, which is pretty shocking.

Hindsight? Dude, if you don't know how to drive in the snow, you need to stay home on snow days. They knew there was snow on the ground the moment they stepped outside. They teach you in driving school when you are young not to speed when the roads have snow on them and to pump the breaks if you need to come to a sudden stop. These drivers did neither of those things, which is pretty shocking.
It's so blatantly obvious, it is silly hindsight. The whole point to hindsight being annoying is that everyone is thinking it. That's why the term "thanks, captain hindsight" exists. You aren't orginal for saying it out loud.

It's so blatantly obvious, it is silly hindsight. The whole point to hindsight being annoying is that everyone is thinking it. That's why the term "thanks, captain hindsight" exists. You aren't orginal for saying it out loud.

Hindsight is a decision that's only obvious after the fact. Driving slowly in inclement weather isn't that, unless they were driving along in normal conditions and all of a sudden it was "holy shit terrible weather".

People drive way too fast in snow. I see it all the time and I’m not surprised when i see someone in the ditch. I have 4 wheel drive with traction control and good winter tires, and that doesn”t mean I can stop on a dime.

Man that's crazy how fast they were going. It's like they couldn't see the pile up.

The majority of vehicles on the road today have anti-lock brakes that do the pumping for you. The major factor in most collisions is following too closely. The faster you go, the more distance you need between you and the vehicles in front of you. If the roads are slippery you need much more space or a lower speed. Conditions might make it impossible to see far enough ahead to drive safely at higher speeds.

In slippery conditions, the throttle and brakes are your enemy and the steering wheel is your friend. Inputs to any of them need to be applied gently.

Back