Captain Phillips

I thought the movie was very meh, and Hanks' accent was terrible. I thought the hijackers were great though. Very real. Well played parts.

and it made me want to try khat.

Great movie. I loved it as well. There is a danish movie called "Kapringen" thats similar, but the main topic is the psychology of the negotiations with the pirates, so less action.

I thought Captain Phillips was kinda meh.

I liked Kapringen (A Highjacking) more.

Anyone seen this? I fucking love this movie. First saw it in the cinema and had me on the edge of my seat the whole way. The acting, the story line, just everything about this movie was great. It's definitely one of my favourite films.

Any similar movies to this? Thanks.

If you are into the documentary type movies, Zero Dark Thirty.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the cargo they are after either. They just want ransom for the crew.

You're right. My bad. Quite the duh moment on my part as it was pretty much the premise of the whole movie. LOL

also directed by paul greengrass

United-93.jpg

I really disliked this movie, maybe it was the timing that it came out, it just seemed way to rah rah Murica for my tastes. If the event of that flight are actually what happened then the real passengers of that plane were some really heroic people

Back