Capping your own supps

ThinkGreen

Der Übermensch
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone have experience doing it? Any tips, tricks, suggestions? All input is appreciated, thanks!

I have a cap-em-quick. It isn't too bad. If you've got the dedication and the time to actually use it, you can save a shitload of money. After you get good at it you can make about 10 capsule in a minute. Each capsule holds like 400mg-1.1g, depending on the density of the substance.

I think I paid like $28 for a capsule maker and 1,000 capsules.

Why cap instead of just using powder form? Serious question. I've seen the makers and giant bags of empty caps but couldn't really see spending the time to do that when I could just throw the powder in a ziplock snack bag and be done with it...

Some things, like cissus quadrangularis, piracetam, and bcaas are extremely bitter.

For my beta alanine and creatine monohydrate, I just dump however much I want in like 3oz of water and down it.

Good enough reason. I was just curious. I don't taste my BCAAs at all, but I've never tried cissus & piracetam.

*wonders wtf piracetam is and goes off to search*

Good enough reason. I was just curious. I don't taste my BCAAs at all, but I've never tried cissus & piracetam.

*wonders wtf piracetam is and goes off to search*

Piracetam is a nootropic. There is a decent amount of information on it here. I believe madmick goes into pretty decent detail in one of his concoction threads.

BCAAs aren't THAT bad, but when they are plain they are nasty. I only drink them in my shakes, and don't notice it, so I don't cap them. Was more of an example of a good use for capping.

Also some people might be interested in just being able to bring their supplements on the go. If it was easier to cap I'd probably make beta alanine caps just to have the ability to split my doses.

Thanks for the info josh, I appreciate it

My BCAA's are from BN. The only proximily I can think of is the taste of coffee.

I have no real issue

I also use Cap em Quick since some of my joint supplement powders are bitter enough to make me puke. I use size 00 gelatin capsules. It works out much much cheaper than buying them sealed in capsules.

Back