Capoeira

mr. capoeira, if u think its so effective, and that u can beat all muay thai guys, why aren't u fighting in the ufc?
do u think ur the best cap guy? no? then, u think there's a reason why the best cap guys aren't in the ufc (or win matches). its pretty obvious

I have to agree with the other members in this forum, Capoeira is not a great stand up martial art. I've been training in Capoeira lately because I think it's a lot of fun, but many of the techniques really aren't that realistic. Even the capoeiristas that I've trained with say that kickboxing would be more effective as a fighting martial art. But then again, I've never met any capoeirista that trains completly in the fighting aspect of the martial art. But my experience is that Capoeira has very little defense, it's mostly evasive, which is much more difficult to do in a real fight. Many of the kicks look very nice, but a trained fighter shouldn't have too much problem countering them.

I was trying to find some Cap sparring vids or matches but there are none!

I did come across a ton of acrobatic ones that look very nice!

Cap seems to me like a gymnastic MA than anything else.

BUt check out the hilarious Cap clip on this page...

Funny Capoeira Clip!

What the hell is that about?

If you look up fightfinder, there was an event featuring ChuteBoxe against Capoeira. All the Chute Boxe guys won using strikes. As far as that Capoeira clip masterless posted, that guy is an idiot and doesn't know anything about Capoeira. He confuses basic terminology that even I know. And I know barely anything about Capoeira.

If you download meste Hulks other fight against Zane frazier he also crawls out of the ring lol!

omg, you guys dont know cap. all you are looking at is the playful side of capoeira, you come to where we train after hours, we'll show you the darker side of it. similar to cardio kickboxing and muy thai, its totally different. trust me, its contact not much like a roda at all.

Man you must be really insecure to be this confrontational. Grow up. Capoeira has nothing to offer to MMA. If you beat anyone it would be due to either your MT or BJJ not Capoeira.

Yes, yes, keep bashing Capoeira!... as long as ur busy doing that, you can't bash TKD :p

Originally posted by Lightfoot
Yes, yes, keep bashing Capoeira!... as long as ur busy doing that, you can't bash TKD :p
TKD sucks too :p

Originally posted by Capoeira
omg, you guys dont know cap. all you are looking at is the playful side of capoeira,

of course...ins't cap sparring called "playing".

omg, you guys dont know cap. all you are looking at is the playful side of capoeira, you come to where we train after hours, we'll show you the darker side of it. similar to cardio kickboxing and muy thai, its totally different. trust me, its contact not much like a roda at all.

Please explain more about the darker side of Capoeira. I'm interested in what you do, because I have never met anybody that actually trains Capoeira for fighting. From what I can gather, Capoeira fighters are usually the sketchy gang-type people, not the respectable mestres. But please explain in more detail what you do in practice.

omg, you come to where we train after hours, we'll show you the darker side of it.

JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!
LV01.jpg

Originally posted by masterless
Name them, give me addresses, phone numbers, time, and date. Im good for weekends.

Ill drive up as long as u pay for the gas! Sounds good?

I will bring my digi cam. Again, I have nothing to prove, but your lame as comments have just wrote a check your ass cant cash.

Talk is cheap, so lets do this.

Capoeira is not meant for NHB. If u dont understand this then I will show u why.

Shit, I'LL pay for the gas! No kidding, I'll fedex you guys a money order as soon as the results (and pics) are posted.

Cap, you've been called out. The terms have been extended. Either agree to the match or else cry "pussy" and stop posting.

Originally posted by Iron Angel
Shit, I'LL pay for the gas! No kidding, I'll fedex you guys a money order as soon as the results (and pics) are posted.
would be ready to pay too if i lived in the us.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
You only made four posts so far. i suggest you ditch this screen name and start another. i'm sorry, cap is no diff than TKD in terms of effecfiveness. it has been tested and did not do well.

I quot myself. if you wanna stick in sherdog and not get harrassed, i suggest u sign up for a new screen name.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
I quot myself. if you wanna stick in sherdog and not get harrassed, i suggest u sign up for a new screen name.
its on, PM punk.

its on, PM punk.

did u find hwat i said insulting? i knew this thread would turn out like this from the start. u don't have to change ur name if u don't want to....i just assumed u probably don't like being harrassed.

Originally posted by Lightfoot

lol

Back