Capoeira

Originally posted by Beadro
Capoeira has a few powerful attacks, unfortunately 90% of your attacks can be blocked by lifting your leg a bit. I know a couple people that train Capoeira, they have fast feet and some hard attacks. The downside is you can see the strong attacks from a mile away, and if you can see the attack from a mile away why use it?

not true. a cap kick is fast, but light weight. kinda like getting a piece of paper thrown at you really hard. it wont hurt it just looks fast. if u want to know how strong it is, throw it at a 100lb bag.

standing kicks are stronger because of the base foot. if u kick fast, the base foot braces urself. for a cap kick, you don't have this anchor so ur foot will just bounce off the target.

Can anyone name any marginally successful MMA fighter who is primarily a capoierist? Is there any example of an MMA fighter cross-training in capoiera?

You know what Capoeira, you don't know anything about me. I meant that as a figure of speech. But, I will tell you something, I am a firm believer in honor and respect and you ain't showing none to nobody in this forum. If you wanna challenge somebody that's fine, do it face to face. Here you are telling somebody to prove their point when the're across town. I don't have a personal problem with you but that's wrong. Only cocky morons challenge people for expressing their personal opinions. You have a chip on your shoulder? Fine, deal with it, but don't be going around making threats that you probably can't back up.

Originally posted by Lost Ronin
You know what Capoeira, you don't know anything about me. I meant that as a figure of speech. But, I will tell you something, I am a firm believer in honor and respect and you ain't showing none to nobody in this forum. If you wanna challenge somebody that's fine, do it face to face. Here you are telling somebody to prove their point when the're across town. I don't have a personal problem with you but that's wrong. Only cocky morons challenge people for expressing their personal opinions. You have a chip on your shoulder? Fine, deal with it, but don't be going around making threats that you probably can't back up.
Oh yea ? And introducing me to the "other" world wasnt cocky enough ? Practice what you preach.
You dont know much about me either, how can you "introduce" me to another world ? You sound as if you are a pretty tough guy, eh ?

Originally posted by Capoeira
Oh yea ? And introducing me to the "other" world wasnt cocky enough ? Practice what you preach.
You dont know much about me either, how can you "introduce" me to another world ? You sound as if you are a pretty tough guy, eh ?

Again, I MEANT IT AS A FIGURE OF SPEECH! I was not trying to be condescending. What I meant was that if a fight with A Capoerista didn't go my way, I would take HIM down to the ground and introduce HIM to my world. Do you understand now? You know what man, I have a newfound respect for you, at least you accept that you are cocky. Am I cocky? HELL YEAH! But you don't see me challenging every guy that posts here to a fight do you? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say because I am not wasting my time with you again. Oh, and by the way, I don't know about you but I don't determine a " tough guy" by the way they talk, I'm more of a face to face person myself. Hopefully this scrimmage is settled on your behalf because I am not doing this again. Thanks

the only reason this thread was started was cuz he expected

'wow what i this cap ur talking about'
wow this sounds good
hm..sounds FUN
blah
blah blah...

OMG, all i can hear is Blah Blah, Blah Blah. It is so easy to counter actions with talk. Less talk, more action. I never told you i'm a pure Capoeira fighter, I will use some MT but mainly Capoeira. You care to prove what you preach ? I'm from No. california. You care to prove what you preach ?

AS a matter of fact I can prove what I preach. I live in Southern California. And If u want to go a few rounds of full contact than hey, im game.

BUt dont expect a Capoeira match. No music to dance to. Only me,you and 2 pairs of 12 oz gloves.

My email is [email protected], let me know where and when. If u dont know a place I know a few places in L.A.

Shit, if we ask Iron Chef, we can have this at the Submission Factory.

I have nothing to prove, but I also never back down from a challenge. You on the other hand will have to prove your remarks against Muay Thai...

We will be needing Video's, Pic's, and a PBP. :)
Oh and a spot on the Best Damn Sports Show Ever :p

If we're talking about capoeira, so I can ask you all how would do break dance, chachacha, pogo or traditional ballet in MMA?

Originally posted by masterless
AS a matter of fact I can prove what I preach. I live in Southern California. And If u want to go a few rounds of full contact than hey, im game.

BUt dont expect a Capoeira match. No music to dance to. Only me,you and 2 pairs of 12 oz gloves.

My email is [email protected], let me know where and when. If u dont know a place I know a few places in L.A.

Shit, if we ask Iron Chef, we can have this at the Submission Factory.

I have nothing to prove, but I also never back down from a challenge. You on the other hand will have to prove your remarks against Muay Thai...
I'm down, why dont come up here to no. california ? I know a few places in mind

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

If Capoeira is so great then I think it would have been used to great effect in MMA. Thus far, Capoeira's greatest moment was the night that the chute boxe guys kicked their heads in.

Originally posted by Mr. Blue
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

If Capoeira is so great then I think it would have been used to great effect in MMA. Thus far, Capoeira's greatest moment was the night that the chute boxe guys kicked their heads in.
Whatever, kid. Its easy to pick and choose the greatest moment to critize and blame it on the entire population who studies it. Grow up kid.

Whatever, kid. Its easy to pick and choose the greatest moment to critize and blame it on the entire population who studies it. Grow up kid.

u know whats stupid. making a thread and expecting a lot of praises for ur MA no reason, instead of starting an indifferentiated discussion. admit it, this thread was not to talk about cap, but to have it praised.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
u know whats stupid. making a thread and expecting a lot of praises for ur MA no reason, instead of starting an indifferentiated discussion. admit it, this thread was not to talk about cap, but to have it praised.
what are you talking about ?

Reggie Beard says this thread dies now!
2002-Reggie%20Beard.jpg

I'm down, why dont come up here to no. california ? I know a few places in mind

Name them, give me addresses, phone numbers, time, and date. Im good for weekends.

Ill drive up as long as u pay for the gas! Sounds good?

I will bring my digi cam. Again, I have nothing to prove, but your lame as comments have just wrote a check your ass cant cash.

Talk is cheap, so lets do this.

Capoeira is not meant for NHB. If u dont understand this then I will show u why.

what are you talking about ?

i mean the sole purpose of creating this thread was to expect praises. im implying u are blind and think cap is the best, that u forgot that people have contrasting opinions.

Back