Capoeira in mma?

Capoeira most effective when you are unarmed and opponent has gun. Real good then.

anythink can be useful if timed right
for instance the showtime kick
im sure even seagull's aikidummy can be useful if applied at the perfect times.
but i have seen no-one at the highest level aka ufc/bellator/one fc/wsof that can pull it off in a real setting. it might just be too difficult

Seagal has stated many times that it was a modified front kick that he has been working on for many years now.

Barboza's is a tkd kick u see in tkd tournaments 100x in an event.

That kick is called "Ben

It's not used because it doesn't work. Haven't you seen those NOS commercials? That would be the result at the high level 100% of the time.

I've seen Hermes Franca use a capoeira kick a few times. It was used mainly as a defensive move to keep his opponent at bay while he went from the ground back up to his feet.

It's not used because it doesn't work. Haven't you seen those NOS commercials? That would be the result at the high level 100% of the time.

Lol at it doesn't work. No one style works in high level MMA. It's only once you combine them you have an effective Mma style

Andre Gusmao and Marcus Aurelio (not Maximus) are the only capoeira fighters in MMA i can think of.

Lol at it doesn't work. No one style works in high level MMA. It's only once you combine them you have an effective Mma style

Indeed. I always laugh when people say "oh, this doesn't work in mma, or that doesn't work in mma". We're always discovering new ways to use different styles in MMA. Shit, before Lyoto Machida came around everyone would laugh at the idea of Karate in MMA.

As alot of people have mentioned earlier, Capoeira isn't easy to apply to MMA due to the need for space and the high probability that you'll get taken down but there's something to be said for the great dexterity/flexibility and speed with wich you can throw kicks one can get from training capoeira. So it seems like it could be very useful atleast in an indirect way.

Agreed. I'm not saying fighters should fight capoeira based but just to incorporate some of the movements and rhythm in their game to some fighters would be scary. Imagine Jon jones or Jose Aldo adding some of that to their arsenal?

Both Silva's KO kick on Vitor and Barboza amazing kick are capoeira moves.

Not sure where you got your intel, but the front kick is the most basic karate kick. Sorry, it's not capoeira.

Ginga:
11ukx9s.jpg

Ben

One guy makes a cheesy capoeira movie in 1995 and now we have to hear about it 5 times a year in MMA threads for the rest of our damn lives

Not sure where you got your intel, but the front kick is the most basic karate kick. Sorry, it's not capoeira.

A lot of martial arts/combat sports have their own front kicks. Some of them are very similar.

But the Silva's front kick on Belfort was def a capoeira move and so was Barboza's.

When I was a kid, that was the first thing they taught us in Karate.

Not saying that it can't be a Capoeira move or a move in another discipline, there's a lot of moves that every discipline claims with different names. Thanks to MMA, no one gives a fuck where they came from if they work.

Back