Social Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) megathread EDIT: CHAZ has been annexed by Seattle.

Bolshevik revolution checklist.

[x] Mass protests and riots
[x] Attacks on police
[x] Occupation of government buildings.
[x] Dictatorship of the proletariat
[ ] Execution squads
[ ] Gulags
[ ] Famine

They are already reportedly running into famine.

EaJ6kNMUMAUO6y9

I just read several threads in the sub-reddit for this thing and it rather seems like the dog that caught a car. These people have no fucking clue what they’re doing as the police just up and left, leaving the larpers to pretend like they have a plan of some sort.

I just read several threads in the sub-reddit for this thing and it rather seems like the dog that caught a car. These people have no fucking clue what they’re doing as the police just up and left, leaving the larpers to pretend like they have a plan of some sort.

Sure maybe. I object to referring to people who actually have set up an autonomous zone as larpers. They are rebels.

Also, the weak response of the authorities has been shameful.

Its not really role playing anymore though. They successfully drove the police out. They are occupying the police precinct.

The mayor is an idiot. They didn't drive anyone out, the mayor just told the police to abandon it for no reason.

Or perhaps she did it so a new OWS type permanent protest can be set up.

Or perhaps she so desperately wants to appease the protesters, that she abandoned the local business in that area that was about to open up before this.

I don't know, but I wouldn't really put this on the protesters. They kind of just showed up, after the Mayor made this decision.

Sure maybe. I object to referring to people who actually have set up an autonomous zone as larpers. They are rebels.

Also, the weak response of the authorities has been shameful.

Only they didn’t “set it up” as one might conventionally view that phrase. Apparently the police spontaneously withdrew and the people remaining just started calling it an autonomous zone. From their official reddit...

They took a police precinct in the middle of the city, and the FBI hasn't shot them yet.

I get that.

Both took over government buildings.
Both have squatted.

One was in a rural area and were jeered by the press.
CHAZ...well other than on sherdog and twitter, crickets...

LMAO @ Chaz

Yeah let’s just allow larpers to take over a police station.

I get that.

Both took over government buildings.
Both have squatted.

One was in a rural area and were jeered by the press.
CHAZ...well other than on sherdog and twitter, crickets...

Yeah, the two events have a lot of overlap. This one is way worse though, since its in the middle of a metro area, and they took a police station instead of a seasonal park lodge.

well I hope they surrender their passport by decided staying in there

Back