Capital Jui Jitsu or Yamasaki

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by HBGray, Mar 31, 2008.

1. HBGray

HBGray White Belt

I'm relocating to DC/Arlington in a few weeks and am wondering if anyone trains at Mario Yamisaki's DC school or Royce Gracie's northern Virginia school.

Thanks for the input.

2. sanuces

sanuces Orange Belt

you can't lose with either. there are a few more schools in the NoVa area, you should check them all out.

3. illphixion

illphixion White Belt

I've trained at neither one, and I didn't know Yamasaki had a school in DC. I have visited Capital JJ, and from what I understand, none of the Gracie's have ever been there. They do have a nice framed picture, of Helio, though. I thought it was pretty lax, when I went there. I would go with Lloyd Irvin in Arlington. I took Muay Thai there, and I think it is the best place around the DC/Metro area. But check out the places for yourself, when you get here.

4. countonit

countonit White Belt

One spirit martial arts in herdon is a pretty good school. We have Master Pedro Sauer. Its not just an affiliate school, Pedro actual teaches there M-F.

Herdon may be a little far for you but IMO its the best instruction your gonna get.

5. Bama Zulu

Bama Zulu Blue Belt

Pedro Sauer is no doubt the best instructor in the entire state of Virginia. But is not consistent in teaching there, many times he will have a brown belt teach or have the the higher belts teach moves. Check out both and see what you like, Capital is a good school and Yamasaki is good as well. Salvatore is a monster and an excellent instructor (Yamasaki). I'd stay away from Lloyd Irvin for several reasons I don't feel like going over, do a search.

6. Meegle818

Meegle818 Blue Belt

Royce, Royler, Rodrigo and Ralek just had a seminar there about a month ago.