Can't wait for ESPN's Co-Main Event Tonight! 06/27/08

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Rob-G, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Rob-G

Rob-G Orange Belt

Tonight on ESPN's Co-Main Event we got 2 pretty popular local guys going at it. Antwone Smith 11-1 vs. Juan Camilo Novoa 13-1. ESPN has been putting on quite a few pretty uneven matches. It's not very often we see fighters taking a big risk like this so early in their career. I definitely can't wait for this fight. Antoine Smith was last televised on ESPN Wednesday Night Fights 05/07/08 and Juan Camilo Novoa was last televised on Telemundo 02/08/08. He also fought on the Gamboa-Edwards Under Card but I'm pretty sure it was a dark match.

Novoa's the favorite but I'm hoping Antwone pulls off a KO. I think the Winner of this fight has a nice bright future ahead.

Antwone Smith for the Win!

2. GlassJaw

GlassJaw SBC hustler.

Very cool, always good to hear fans supporting their local fighters :) I'll be watching!

3. Rob-G

Rob-G Orange Belt

It's coming up next.

4. Sharkk

Sharkk Guest

He's down 20-18 pretty cleanly, and to boot, is getting hit in the gut whenever Novoa wants.

5. Sharkk

Sharkk Guest

Smith is starting to score and Novoa is getting mad.

6. Sharkk

Sharkk Guest

Nice head movement.

10-9 Smith

29-28 Novoa currently.

7. Sharkk

Sharkk Guest

Novoa down at the bell after half a round of not having his shit, and it's over.

Antwone Smith def. Juan Novoa by KO 4

8. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

lol @ the baby face garcia fight. What a lopsided fight.

9. burly

burly Purple Belt

I want to give props to the ts for calling my attention to that Smith/Novoa fight. That was a fun little scrap.

That was funny as hell.

10. Rob-G

Rob-G Orange Belt

Definitely a great night of fights. ESPN delivered every time they came to South Florida. Miranda-Banks, then Gamboa-Edwards, then Juan Urango's nice KO, and now this one.

We had a local card on May 30th that was just KOs galore! There's a bunch of up and comers from down here such as Antwone Smith, John Jackson, Angelo Santana, Joey Hernandez, etc.. They've had a couple Under Card TV appearances here and there but in a couple years from now these guys are gonna be all over HBO and Showtime.

11. Rob-G

Rob-G Orange Belt

For those that missed this you'll have another chance in 30 Minutes! Antwone Smith is back!